“Excellent value - very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South

You added Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1516 Newbury Road, US 101/Ventura Freeway at North Ventu Park Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
San Francisco, California
“Excellent value - very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

we were very pleased with the facility over all, especially with front desk service. they are very nice people and they do care about their guests.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Albany, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

My daughter is staying at a motel 6 in Thousand Oaks Ca, she accidently locked her keys in the car. They are no help at all, asked for who to call they don't know! Called a locksmith he came out and charged her $40.00 to tell her she needs her key reprogramed,but keys are still in the car! He did nothing for $40. Now she has asked them for a screw driver, knife, or some sort of tool to get her window out NOTHING! Hope you never need a motel like this!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

This place wood be just fine if it didn't smell terrible. I bought a bottle of heavy duty febreeze bc I didn't want to bother changing hotels but I wish I had. I can't get rid of the smell - its a combination of sweat and dog. Since they charge a dog fee they should actually use that money to sanitize and deodorize the rooms.

• Stayed December 2011
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I found this motel to be fine! It isn't a refurbished one, but aside from the gaudy bed-spread, the room was light and airy and smelt fresh and clean (it had a better smell than one of the refurbished ones we had stayed at prior) and has a much cosier feel to it. The bathroom is a little poky, but it didn't bother me. The service was great, the lady even called our room shortly after we'd settled in to make sure we were happy with it. Not on a very busy road, and if you have a room right at the back it's pretty much dead silent at night. Liquor store and various restaurants next door. I'd much rather pay a lot less and stay at this Motel 6, than almost double the drive and stay at a refurbished one, as nice as they are.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Moorpark, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

‎Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South, CA is the WORST motel experience I have EVER had! I made a 2 week reservation, and when I was paying at check-in time, the front desk said I can pay for the first week now, then pay the second week at check out time or on the 8th day of my stay. Today (only my 7th day staying there) I got a call at work from them saying that since I did not check out at the designated time today, they are going to physically remove all my belongings from the room! I rushed over there (during my work hours) to speak with the general manager, who not only told me that it is Motel 6 policy to remove people's personal possessions after 1 hour of check-out time, but he's sorry for the miscommunication, because "I must have heard wrong at check-in time." When I asked to see the contract I signed, which when I signed it, there were NO DATES on there, and I told the front desk person if he will document the dates I will be staying there, and he said there is no need to. BUT when I saw the contract with the manager, there was a check in date of one week ago, and a check out date of TODAY! I would have NEVER signed the contract if I saw that it denoted only a ONE week stay. Regardless of the miscommunication, I still have NEVER been treated with such disrespect in my entire life by an associate, let alone the GENERAL MANAGER, and I will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 again. And this was a loyal customer, after several cross-country road trips, and well over 6 months of stays in Motel 6 on my travels, I will NEVER stay there again. You can keep the light off for me Motel 6!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very clean, quiet, well kept. It is not a "Refurbished" Motel 6 but very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Poznan, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

- Smell, smell, smell...awful (we did not have a choice and have to take the smoking room but it was not a ordinary smoking room it was more like slipping in the ashtray. We have never stayed in such a bad smelling room. After a single night in this things we have a head ache for half of the day and stomach problems in the morning. If you want to be health keep away from this hotel or at least take a non-smoking room).
- Noise trough the paper walls and doors between a neighbourhood rooms (we could easily hear a conversation next-door and TV)
- It is not worth to pay 15 Dolars less for this standard and smell

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Thousand Oaks South? Share your experiences!