“Karma Indeed” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
CA
“Karma Indeed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family and I dined at Karma Indian Cuisine over the weekend for lunch and came away wondering what we did to deserve this karmic experience. One thing that I did not appreciate was both waiters trying to entice us into ordering the rack of lamb. I asked three times about lamb kabobs and both men recommended that I order the $35 rack of lamb instead. I don't appreciate overbearing and aggressive wait staff. One thing that the three of us agreed on is that the spices and the taste of the food are off. The buffet is not very interesting, though they do have very good naan bread. This restaurant was not a good dining experience.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Newbury Park, Ca
“Nice new place in Thousand Oaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Not many Indian restaurants in the area so it's nice to see this open in the Janss Mall. We ordered their vegetarian family menu and enjoyed all of our choices. I would not hesitate to go back or recommend it to others. I do hope it succeeds, we need variety in this town.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SANTA BARBARA
“Exactly what thousand oaks needed.!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I Come to thousand oaks frequently. One thing that I always missed here was my satiation for Indian food. But recently I discovered Karma when I went to toys r us. This was the best Indian experience I had after such a long time. Staff was very knowledgeable & friendly. Decor was really nice. But their butter chicken, lamb curry & gobi aloo was exceptional. Can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
goleta
“BEST INDIAN IN CONEJO VALLEY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

after trying all the indian restaurants in conejo valley i would not hesitate to say that karma is by far the best.
From the moment I walked in I was already wowed.

It so pretty inside and a very calming atmosphere. The lit up buddha in the back of the room looks stunning. I loved the fact that I could take of my shoes and unwind after standing on my feet all day in the city.

Food is excellent and a real treat for a vegetarian as myself. They truly do keep offering to serve you more food as their "all you can eat" menu states, until you are past the point of full.

The food is invigorating to all senses

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Good Indian Food Option in TO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a pretty new restaurant in Thousand Oaks' Janns Marketplace mall. It is related to to the Taj restaurant in Ventura. The interior is a nice sit down restaurant where you are greeted and seated. There are many standard and some not so standard Indian dishes on the menu. The restaurant also provides take out. The food was very good on our visit. I would like to try some more menu items, so I will definitely return. When I visited, the restaurant provided some pretty good coupons in their menu, which is right outside the door.

Visited July 2011