“Clean, Kind, Great Location, Perfect Amenities!” 5 of 5 stars

AAA Members Package
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Thousand Oaks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Clean, Kind, Great Location, Perfect Amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I LOVED this place! It wasn't too fancy but it was clean and perfect for me. The Staff was amazing and I had EVERYTHING I needed and my room was gorgeous. There was ample parking. Business center was adequate, the hot tub HOT and the gym was clean. I loved my room and breakfast was nice. I can't really say enough about the staff and the location. I will be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are great! Super equipped and clean!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

While a bit on the pricey side, this hotel was still a very good value. You get what you pay for. There are not that many hotels north of Los Angeles that clean, immaculately maintained and offer free parking and internet. This hotel fit that bill. In addition, the rooms are spacious, the bedding is new and clean, the location is quiet but convenient to the 101 and the breakfast is outstanding. You can find cheaper places in Thousand Oaks and Oxnard but they are likely to be tired based upon my experience. The only negative---- when the person in the room upstairs turned on the shower/bath, you could hear it like I had turned on the tub in my room. All in all it was a minor inconvenience. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a great time at the hotel, definitely the best in this area (we stayed at other hotels in the area before). Located in a quiet area, just from the 101 Freeway and Ventu Park road in Thousand Oaks.

Plenty of parking and close to some restaurants, Starbucks and Ralphs supermarket.

Staff was friendly and amazing, made us feel very welcome.

Wonderful room, great beds. Could have a fridge though.

Free breakfast was included with our rate. It was really good quality, with a decent selection of breads, cereal, donuts, fruit, drinks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steve T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I am so glad you found our hotel to be clean and accommodating and that you enjoyed our free Hampton Hot Breakfast. Our team of friendly hoteliers is ready to serve and eagerly awaits your return.
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is very clean and to me that is the most important quality. The staff was nice also. The only downside that I can think of is that the television had a small problem with the volume control. Otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I only stayed one night at this Hampton Inn recently, but I enjoyed my stay there. The front desk staff was very nice and the hotel is conveniently located righty off the 101 Freeway. I had a king room which was fairly large. Both the room and bathroom were clean. I would suggest asking for a room opposite the freeway if you are a light sleeper. Also, I was told that all of the king rooms have a walk in shower, so ask for 2 queens if you want a tub. You should, of course, also verify this with the hotel. There was free WiFi at the hotel as well as a business center. The gym was also very nice. I believe there is a pool, but it was cold when I was there and I did not even look for it. The breakfast had both hot and cold dishes and the fruit was fresh, not canned. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a nice time at this hotel. It was very clean and spacious rooms. Great location next to the highway but not so close you could hear the noise. Very friendly check in. Couple of weird things for management to address: Housekeeping seemed to never have our room cleaned. Two days in a row we went out in the morning and when we came back in the early evening like around 5 PM, the room was still not cleaned. We had to call down and have them come up and clean and one day we just didn't call.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stopped here for 1 night while attending the RR Library new years eve dinner and dance. The room was very clean, our internet connection was great and the bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was just what we needed and staff were constantly making sure nothing ran out. As everyone says it was a little hard to see when you come off the Freeway and if we had read other reviews first we would have found it very easily, but it was no big deal we turned around and came back and found it easily. If we do RR Library new years eve next year we will be back :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!