We stayed one night at this Hampton property at the end of a week in SoCal. The property appears to be very new (it looked under construction on the 2012 Google Maps satellite view). As others have mentioned, it is towards the back of a commercial property area, so turn in at the stop light just prior to Walgreen's for the easiest access.
It's a nice Hampton property, although the mid-sized flat screen TV doesn't have an on demand/guest services system and the floors in the hallway creeked quite a bit (we were on the 2nd floor and I see an earlier reviewer observed the same thing on the 3rd floor). The standard rooms are just that ... 2 beds, a desk, a TV and dresser, a full bath, and a full length mirrored closet. The breakfast area was unique with a large bar top table that seated 10-12 in the middle of the room, surrounded by "regular" tables and some with comfy chairs around the edge of the room.
The staff was very pleasant, the property was very clean, the free Internet worked great, and the breakfast was good. I'm not sure if they all have it, but this Hampton had some "breakfasts-to-go" pre-packaged in paper bags each morning. We didn't need it, but it's nice for someone who doesn't have time to sit down to eat the hot breakfast that is provided.
The location is great if you'll be in the Conejo Valley and may even be a less expensive alternative if headed into the San Fernando Valley depending on what time of day you'll be traveling back/forth (think LA traffic). The Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village area is known as being very safe, with lots of great suburban shopping and dining.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites 1000 Oaks
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks Hotel Thousand Oaks
- Hampton Inn And Suites Thousand Oaks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 12 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean, the Hampton Inn & Suites® Thousand Oaks is nestled in the scenic Santa Monica Mountains just miles from Hollywood and offers spacious rooms and suites. Enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access, handy lap desk and our comfiest amenity yet: Cloud Nine. The Hampton Bed Experience. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary parking, fitness center, and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.