“Santa Fe is one of the cities which will pleasantly surrpise you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Fe

Santa Fe
Directions
Santa Fe, NM
Chicago, IL
“Santa Fe is one of the cities which will pleasantly surrpise you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Before my trip to Santa Fe I was very skeptical - just the name of the state - New Mexico made me feel like I am going to the end of the world. But I was very surprised - this city became one of my favorites in the US after San Diego and San Francisco.

We went to Santa Fe with a friend of mine for Christmas. We drove from Denver to Santa Fe and back. We visited the Grand Sand Dunes on our way to Santa Fe - a huge amount of sand in the center of the mountains. You can see a picture at the end of the post.

On the way to Santa Fe there were several small pueblos, which we visited. They have these funny rituals and dances around Christmas, unfortunately you are not allowed to take photos. People there still live without electricity and still bake their bread in front of their homes. They make their own jewelry and clothes - very impressive. The rituals were amazing - those songs and dances were great. They even picked me together with 5 other women to dance on the stage, so that the chief of the village can pick a wife :) It was very funny how we competed for him, too good he didn't pick me, cause I am not sure how long I can live without Internet :)

Then we drove to Santa Fe. Around Christmas this city looks great - they have these paper bags with little candles in them lined up couple of feet from each other in front of every house, church, store and hotel and this dimmed light looks amazing, especially in the evenings. The fire department is very busy for several days, but the view is amazing. We had our Christmas dinner and went around the city the next day - amazing bookstores, jewelry stores - I was really surprised.

I would recommend this city to everyone who wants to escape from the big city life for several days.

New York City, New York
“Don.t bring your dog to Santa fe, new Mexico,,they,re not welcomed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We were told that Santa fe was dog friendly.well it ISN'T..except for 3places we were'nt allowed to sit on patios,terraces,or sidewalks of any restaurnts with our 6 lb.very quiet dog....signs everywhere saying no dogs allowed..

Grand Rapids, MI
“An afternoon in Santa Fe with teens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Took the Loretto trolley first, and our guide Will did a nice job of showing us the area. The Loretto Chapel charge of $3 really wasnt worth it unless you're really into wood work & architecture and it was very comercialized. Interesting & pretty town, but 4 hours was enough for our family with teens.

Houston
“cozy mountain retreat santa fe, new mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We had a wonderful time! The home was awesome, quiet, relaxing and with beautiful views from every window.

The owner's Gary and Kristen were super nice and gave us all the privacy we needed for a vacation retreat.

I would recommend this vacation rental to anyone looking for a place to stay in Santa Fe.

St Louis
“Santa Fe Family Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We took our entire family(all 9 adults and 5 grandchildren) to Santa Fe in March. We rented a wonderful house large enough for us all to enjoy comfortably. It made it more special to be together under 1 roof. Everyday was filled with fun and adventures. We were able to ski Santa Fe mountain twice. Not a lot of runs, but awesome views from the top. We hiked Bandelier Park (even back to the waterfall), climbed through rocks covered with drawings in Petroglyph National Park, rounded the tent rocks and enjoyed the view from the plateau on top, and headed up to Ghost Ranch. There are so many wonderful things to do in this area. A special treat is a walk around the galleries in town and on Canyon Road. There are many restaurants that are family friendly and the laid back atmosphere is so enjoyable. Sante Fe is a great place to visit for all ages!

Been to Santa Fe? Share your experiences!