“In the mountains above Santa Fe!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Fe

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Leesburg, Virginia
18 helpful votes
“In the mountains above Santa Fe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I recently spent about 10 days in Santa Fe, NM reconnecting with some college friends I hadn't seen in 45 years! Although I stayed in a private home, it was a beautiful Western style house on the side of a mountain 10 miles north of the city. The views, at all times of the day, were breathtaking! I especially noticed the colors of Santa Fe, (so different from green, lush Virginia where I live), which were all shades of earthtones in the land and adobe buildings, to the dark greens of the mountain trees, to the blues, purples, pinks, roses, and golds of the mountains and skies. The city itself is beautiful and very clean, with outdoor art and sculpture and landscaped plantings around the public buildings.

We visited the Georgia O'Keefe museum, the nearby Taos pueblo, and several markets, and went to a number of wonderful restaurants and cafes! The food was wonderful everywhere, and the many shops are full of beautiful Indian jewelry, clothing, and art! Because my visit was to see friends, we didn't sightsee as much as we might have, but that just gives me more incentive to back again! I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Santa Fe!

New York City, New York
99 helpful votes
“Quite a place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Santa fe is the best. Fabulous landscape, views, sun, good weather, culture, history, restaurants, shopping, spas, museums, outdoors activities, Native Americans, Hispanics, cowboys, what else could you want??/

Victoria, BC
6 helpful votes
“We would go back in a heartbeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We enjoyed Santa Fe a lot, very unusual architecture from what we are used to. The weather was fantastic, the food was first rate. We received some advice from the locals as to where to eat. took a walking tour of the old town, and went to the N.M. history museum.

Maryland
26 helpful votes
“Enchanting and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Santa Fe is indeed the "city different." The people are very friendly and relaxed. It felt quite safe. Santa Fe is great for shopping and dining (loads of restaurants offering all kinds of food choices), but the city is a short drive from some gorgeous scenery and walking trails. Go to OLD Fort Marcy Park for a sunset one evening. You can drive up, or walk the gently curving hillside and read the timeline markers along the way to the top. The path has subtle lighting making it easy to find your way down again after sunset. (Maybe take a picnic). We stayed in a charming VRBO rental just a couple of blocks from the plaza. Our rental is not listed with Trip Advisor but I'd be happy to tell anyone about it if they're interested. This will not be our last visit to Santa Fe. Taos was amazing, too.

Saskatoon
8 helpful votes
“Santa Fe is a must-see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We drove to the southwest, and were going to go back through Nevada, but changed our minds after seeing a tidbit of New Mexico! Drove back through Santa Fe and decided to stay for 5 nights...absolutely loved Old Town Santa Fe, and plan to go back again and stay longer. So much to do and see, and great restaurants!

Been to Santa Fe? Share your experiences!