In August 2013, we stayed at the La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe, NM for five days. On an annual basis, we travel to Santa Fe for the Southwestern Indian Association's Fair and Market (Indian Market). Over the past twenty-five years, we have always taken great pleasure in staying at the La Fonda; this year was certainly no different. The staff at the La Fonda, each and every one of them, are consummate hosts. They could not be more personable and gracious and all are very responsive to our needs. Honestly, they treat us like family. We typically eat several meals at the La Fonda's restaurant which is always a quintessential southwestern experience. The menu has a very nice selection. The food and service is wonderful. If you plan to stay at the La Fonda do yourself a favor and have the squash blossom appetizer - incredible. Though not southwestern, the filet mignon was outstanding as well. And of course, you must have at least one of their famous southwestern breakfast dishes. This year, we were introduced to the new renovations made to the hotel over the past year. The hallways and sleeping rooms have a beautiful fresh look and comfortable feel yet the southwest charm that we know and love still remains. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms have been modernized, transformed really maximizing space and modern convenience. Renovating such a historical landmark must have been no small challenge. We believe hotel management has gracefully succeeded. Finally, the art displayed by the hotel over recent years is outstanding. From the sculptures above the front lobby registration desk to the paintings hung in meeting rooms, lobbies and hallways all pieces greatly enhance the La Fonda's signature ambiance. Thank you La Fonda for a wonderful stay and another great year! We have already confirmed our reservation for 2014.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. La Terraza concierge level offers 14 luxury accommodations. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.