After having traveled the world, I come to my hometown to experience terrible guest service and not having received the amenities promised in The La Fonda Hotel advertisement. The property is under renovation, the pool is "scheduled" to re-open along with the hot tub in July, the hot tub is open in the La Terraza portion of the hotel, but without receiving a property map of the property at check in, good luck finding it! The bellman dropped my belongings from the parking area, breaking my things, my guests were told I was not checked in to the property. Heaven forbid an emergency would have occurred, the caller would have been told the same thing as were the incoming calls congratulating me on my son's graduation from college. The open gathering room which is an amenity on their suite floor, was locked so we were unable to receive my son's 86 year old grandmother, my son's great aunt's who are older than her, and my parents. The breakfast came incomplete without coffee or toast and lastly, the whole experience was a catastrophe from start to finish. This could have been remedied if the Manager on Duty with his upside down name tag would have been at least cordial in the matter, but he was condescending at best. I have never had an experience like this in my life. A room is supposed to be about the guest experience, even the smallest experience should be a memorable, pleasant experience, not one you go home and cry about and regret.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. La Terraza concierge level offers 14 luxury accommodations. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.