It was our pleasure to have been able to spend one night at this luxurious hotel right in the thick of things in Santa Fe. We were impressed with every aspect of this beautiful old hotel which was being renovated yet you wouldn't notice. There was no construction noise whatsoever. The staff were friendly and very helpful and we had breakfast and dinner in the beautiful La Plazuela at La Fonda restaurant (huevos rancheros for breakfast and steak fajita for dinner). It was comforting to see that we had a concierge desk right near our room which made things easier when checking out. Free and secure parking and free Wi-Fi were also important to us on our 5-state and 9-night road trip throughout the southwest. I loved the furnishings of the hotel and the beds and bed linen were deliciously comfortable. Our room was wonderfully spacious and we had a little balcony which looked out at the cathedral behind the hotel. The bathroom is exceptionally beautiful and their toiletries are top notch. I loved the upmarket stores in the hotel and spent much time looking around. I would highly recommend you consider this hotel as a place to stay. It's central and convenient to all things in Santa Fe as well as being a famous landmark. We felt so "grown up" and I cannot wait to come back for a second visit. I will be posting our travel story on my website (hopefully by April 20, 2013) if you'd like more information.
- Also Known As:
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
- La Fonda On The Plaza Hotel
- La Fonda Hotel Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic La Fonda on the Plaza has been described as "the essence of the city's exuberant soul." Each guest room and suite is unique, with hand-carved and hand-painted furnishings, fitted with luxurious pillow-top Sealy Posturepedic Comfort System Dynasty beds and Anichini linens. Amenities include Wi-Fi, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, spa services. La Terraza concierge level offers 14 luxury accommodations. La Plazuela restaurant is famous for it's award-winning cuisine and 400 hand-painted windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your La Fonda on the Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.