“Beautiful hotel close to everything Santa Fe has to offer!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Summer Rooms from $219
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Beautiful hotel close to everything Santa Fe has to offer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

A perfect place for a romantic getaway! Our suite had a living room, separate bedroom (very comfortable bedding), a small fridge, and two bathrooms! Not to mention an exquisite balcony with incredible views. Picture-perfect location on the Plaza just a few steps away from the breathtaking Cathedral! The staff was very welcoming and ready to lend a hand. Definitely is the place to stay when visiting Santa Fe!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staying at La Fonda was a pleasure! I was told that I had one of the recently updated King rooms and was very pleased with the proximity to the Plaza. The bathroom has a lovely clawfoot tub, perfect for a soak after a day of shopping and eating. The restaurant does get quite crowded...which should speak to the quality of the food, but I passed on eating in the hotel for that reason. It seems that locals frequent the hotel for dinner and dancing, so it gets quite lively in the evenings. The history of this property is bar none, you'll definitely see Old Santa Fe here mixed with modern amenities. I had a great time and would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I would ask for one of their renovated rooms if you're looking for a more modern feel and choose...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a conference. The food and the staff were wonderful. The location is also great. However, my room was falling apart. The tile in the bathroom was broken, and there were holes in the wall. I have stayed in several places in Santa Fe, and this was by far the room was the biggest disappointment. The restaurant are great and the people are nice. I hope they can find the time and money to restore the hotel to what it once was.

Room Tip: Check out your room before you check in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the terrace level of the La Fonda....it was even better than expected. All staff we encountered were courteous, friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and rooms were well maintained and spotless. The hotel is an experience in itself and you can spend time exploring the stores and eateries. We would highly recommend La Fonda on the Plaza to any visitors in Sante Fe who want ambiance and lots of hospitality!

Room Tip: Treat yourself and stay on the Terrace level
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the LaFonda during the ABQ balloon festival week. Santa Fe was busy, vibrant, and a great place to visit. Yes the hotel is historic. However it has great charm and character plus the best location in town. The room I had (on the cheap end) and amenities were definately OK, and my standards are pretty picky. Price vs. room, services and location = a great value. I would definately stay here again. For those not familar with Santa Fe, the LaFonda is on the Plaza. The Plaza is the center of activity but has limited parking. There were hundreds of shops and restaurants that were easy walking distance. Two other bonuses - the hotel has parking - very reasonably priced, and the hotel is 1 block from the shuttle which is a free bus service to other popular destinations in Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had dinner last night in this hotel's restaurant. We weren't actually staying at the hotel, just visiting it for an evening out. Since this is a lovely old hotel in the heart of Santa Fe, I was hoping for great things. I was very wrong. I ordered soup and a quesadilla. All the food was served lukewarm. The waitress chewed gum throughout the time she served us, and attempted to clear my plate as soon as I had put my cutlery down, even though my husband, who had ordered a lot more food than me, was still eating. When I told her that my husband hadn't finished eating and so not to clear my plate away, she got quite irritated with me. Obviously this particular waitress has an attitude problem. Disappointing for such a highly regarded establishment. We stayed for the live band that was scheduled that night, and every 10 minutes or so we were asked if we needed more drinks. Intrusive to say the least. The band was good, but again the hotel hadn't advertised them, and so the restaurant was practically empty, with not much atmosphere, to say the least.
Since ours was an Anniversary evening out, I was mildly disappointed, to say the least.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFondaManager, General Manager at La Fonda on the Plaza, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing to honor such an important occasion at La Fonda on the Plaza—I’m just sorry that your experiences in our bar and restaurant did not fulfill your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the unprofessional service extended by our servers in both LaFiesta Lounge and at La Plazuela. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Your critical feedback helps us improve our service and is greatly appreciated.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were visiting Santa Fe on an impulse, and I walked into La Fonda due to its location close to the Plaza. They had a kingbed room with a balcony available. The room was average sized, but the furnishings delighted my wife. The balcony allowed us to watch a beautiful sunset privately. The business areas of the hotel were beautiful. The only problem of the whole stay is that the parking garage is not near the elevator so I had to roll my suitcase through the entire first floor going from car to my room.

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room