“Work...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Portalegre District, Portugal
“Work...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I often travel to Santa Fe for work. I normally don't stay at the Comfort Inn, but I thought I try a new place. Everything went smooth as far as check in. I was a little early checking in and the front desk worker actually checked me in right away which was pretty good. The room in general was okay even though the hotel advertised as "newly remodeled..." It didn't feel like my room was updated at all.
The room I was given was next to the stairs and the the ice machine area. I heard the ice machine running which was kind of annoying. Also I heard people talking and walking in and out of the hotel which was another annoying thing about my stay. The people upstairs probably had children because I could hear them running around. The people in the next room had a child who cried the whole time as well as a dog which kept barking. I could hear everything which was annoying.I didn't have a chance to sleep in at all as my days were starting later than usual because of how loud people were.
I wasn't fairly impressed with my stay in general. I would only consider staying here again if I know I'll have the third floor and away from the stairwell and ice machines!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've stayed at many Comfort hotels and this one does just barely enough to get the 3 diamond rating but that's as far as it goes. We asked for a room in a quiet area away from the elevator, ice machine, etc. We were given a room right across from the ice machine (which we heard run all night) and right next to the stairs. We've stayed lots of times in hotel rooms next to the stairs, but in this hotel the stairs are in the middle of the building and the sound echoed every time people went up and down the stairs all night long. Upon check in we were told they put out cookies at 5:00. But what we weren't told was you'd better be there at 5:00 cuz when they're gone they don't put out any more. We went to the lobby at 5:30 to get a cookie but they were all gone and were told they wouldn't be putting any more out. Really, one plate of cookies for an entire hotel? That's pretty inhospitable. At other Comfort hotels they do replenish them. The bed was just OK. Not like at other Comfort hotels where you get into bed and say "wow, this is comfortable." Same with the shower - it was OK. The shower head just wasn't all that powerful. Not like other Comfort hotels where you get out of the shower and say "that was a great shower." There's a sign out front that says the hotel was newly remodeled, yet the paint in our shower was peeling and there were cracks around the window. The screen on our window was ripped and torn and was falling out of the window, and the window had some kind of cloudy, foggy substance on it. I think these things speak to a lack of maintenance. The bathroom and sink areas didn't have towel racks, which we found weird. The room was clean upon check in, and the second night when we returned. The breakfast is your typical hotel breakfast choices, but the fake scrambled eggs looked disgusting. Overall a disappointing stay at a Comfort hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Marlen T, General Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear guest;
We apologize for not being able to deliver an outstanding experience for you. We take your comments very serious and will make sure that we fix any problems. We hope you can give us another chance to show you what we know how to do best, deliver the best service and quality possible.
General manager,
505-474-7330
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being fairly loyal Choice Privilages members, we try to stay at Choice Hotels and namely Comfort Suites. Have stayed at some great ones, some average ones, and a few that didn't deserve the Comfort Suites badge. This one in Santa Fe (we are on a road trip from NC to Tempe, Az) is very, very good. Not the best we have stayed at but very close to the best. It is located a block off busy Cerrillos Rd which runs downtown and is loaded with shopping and restaurants. You are a brisk walk from franchise restaurants like Olive Garden and shopping (Walmart nearly across the street) to IHOP and McDonalds across the street. Very quiet location. The facility looks, smells and feels nearly new. Very clean throughout. Spacious rooms. Comfortable beds. Stocked bathroom (tub and shower). It is 3 stories with a spacious lobby and full (hot and cold) breakfast. Indoor pool is adequate size and there is a small (very small) fitness room with bike and treadmill and one universal weight resistance machine. Very friendly staff and check-in. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor on backside. No noise at all.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Marlen T, Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest;
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review about your most recent visit. We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations. We truly appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff, we pride ourselves in customer service. We hope you come back soon to our Comfort Inn.
Monrovia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I was driving cross country to the west coast and stayed at this motel. While there, I had a work issue and had to fax an important document to another time zone. Marlene took it upon herself to assist in faxing this document for me after I had left the property, when the business would be open . It was a gesture over and above the call of duty, I thought.

This motel was in a great location, easy to get to the tourist sites and near shops and restaurants. The motel was modern, clean , and bright.

I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Marlen T, General Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Dear Guest;
Thank you for your wonderful review! We really appreciate you choosing the Comfort Inn as your choice of lodging. We hope to see you back in Santa Fe soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

The room was very clean and nice. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Excellent service from the front desk and very organized. The pool was very clean and relaxing for the family. Overall it was an excellent experience and would recommended to any body looking for a nice relaxing experience.

• Stayed February 2015
Marlen T, General Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Spruce Grove, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015 via mobile

This one is well located but when I looked out of my window from rm 208 I was surprised. A big high fence with no landscaping. Visual was disappointing for me. Some bits of garbage on crushed rock. The clerk was extra special -Erika -so she made up for it!
Erika took the time to sign me up for the choice program which the clerk in Cedar City said she had done but hadn't as there was no record of me so I lost those points for that night.

• Stayed February 2015
Marlen T, Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

For our one day stop in Santa Fe, we were delighted with our stay. Compliment you on your "senior rates".. best in town! Room was quiet, clean, very comfy bed and good WIFI connection. The only surprise we had was we were located at the end of the building, 2nd floor. We were told it was a quick access if we used the stairs right next to our room. Worked out ok - except the next morning when we went for breakfast the 2nd floor is were the lobby is.. (the hotel is build on a small hill.. Would have been easier just walking down the hall, instead of using stairs.. Breakfast was OK. nothing to write home about, room was neat and clean and did have a variety of quick serve breakfast food.

Room Tip: Our room was in the end of the building.. quiet room!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Marlen T, Manager at Santa Fe Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2015
Dear guest;

Been to Santa Fe Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!