“Clean, comfortable hotel, generous room size, good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3348 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Staten Island, New York
“Clean, comfortable hotel, generous room size, good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites in Santa Fe (not in the historic section) for 2 nights in January. I had no complaints and found my room to be quite comfortable. Nice king-sized bed, very good mattress, loved the leather chair. Lots of towels and the bathroom was immaculate. I was traveling with a group but had my own room. Breakfast was included and had hot and cold food options. I appreciated the little amenities like cookies and coffee in the afternoon. I was on the 3rd floor (not sure how many there are in total) and didn't hear a lot of noise (maybe because it was off-season). All in all, I would stay here again. It's off a highway, so it's not in a particularly scenic location, but we ate very well at several nearby restaurants.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience at our Comfort Suites. We really enjoy giving our guests the best possible experience at the hotel. We really appreciate you acknowledging our friendly staff. Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites as your choice of lodging.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This review is being written from the room during my second stay at this Comfort Suites.

The first stay, we had advanced reservations and stayed in a 2-queen-bed room. We were happy with that stay, although the rooms are smaller than our "reference" Comfort Suites (Barstow, CA).

This, our second stay, was marred by a misunderstanding which escalated to a decision to stay elsewhere on future visits to Santa Fe.

First mistake was arriving without advance reservations (it was an unplanned stop). I requested a one-bedroom suite, explaining that I was traveling with spouse and child (unlike last time) and would like more privacy than a 2-queen room. The desk clerk verified that she had a one-bedroom, and I checked in. After the vehicle was unloaded, we arrived at the room to find that it's smaller than the 2-queen room and has no additional privacy.

The misunderstanding sprang from the apparently differing definitions of "one-bedroom suite" which the desk clerk and I were using. The Barstow Comfort Suites has rooms which have a separate bedroom with its own desk, phone and television, and a solid wall and door between the bedroom and main area (which has a second bed as well as a lounging area). This is what I was requesting. A brief examination of the photos here in TripAdvisor will confirm that this property has no such luxurious offering. The king bedroom "suite" has an open room partition between the bed area and the loveseat-sized "couch". When one folds out the hideabed, the coffee table completely blocks the walkway between the king bed and the bathroom. A full room rearrangement is required in order to have two serviceable beds in the king bed suite.

The closets are also too small to hold warm coats without a struggle to close the closet door.

The front desk clerk was defensive and insulting in her response to my complaint that the room was less than I had expected. She as much as called me a liar regarding the solid-wall suites in Barstow, telling me "I've worked in other Comfort Suites and they're all the same. None of them have a solid wall between the bedroom and the lounge area." Basic customer service training should cover never telling a customer/guest that s/he is a liar, and also never telling him/her that "you're the only one who's ever had this problem" while implying that the customer is clueless or incompetent.

That said, let me say that the desk clerk who checked me in for my first stay was friendly, respectful, helpful and polite.

I like that the refrigerators in the rooms have a small freezer section in them, which is relatively rare, even among properties which have refrigerators standard in the rooms. I like that the breakfast at Comfort Suites offers hot protein choices as well as the high-glycemic carb options like waffles and cold cereal. The Wi-Fi in the room is fast and glitch-free; and speaking of free, the parking is convenient and free.

Room tip: stay on the top floor, as the walls and ceilings let the sound through as if they were tissue paper. If you have a family, ask for a 2-queen room, as the king rooms are smaller AND cost more money.

Room Tip: Room tip: stay on the top floor, as the walls and ceilings let the sound through as if they were tis...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
First of all, thank you very much for your review. Thank you for leaving your feedback of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with this. Thank you once again for your feedback as it helps us to improve for our valued guests.
Mesa, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have now stayed twice at this location. The rooms are large, comfy, modern, and very clean. On a very busy road, it is also quiet. There are many shopping options and restaurants nearby. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is an ideal location for the traveller passing through or someone on business. If I was a tourist I might want to be down in the historic district but you will pay much for that location. This was a great value and less cost than many lesser quality nearby on the same Strip. I plan to stay here again the next time I pass through Santa Fe.

Room Tip: I like the 3rd floor for the view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing our Comfort Suites as your choice of lodging during your recent visit to Santa Fe. Guest satisfaction is our priority and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate you sharing it. We hope to see you back soon
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has become our go to hotel in Santa Fe. The staff is always courteous, friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well taken care of as always. The breakfast was typical but there was plenty and a good variety. The grounds of the property looks well taken care of also. The price is always reasonable. We have not been disappointed yet.

Stayed January 2015
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Santa Fe. We really appreciate your excellent review. We pride ourselves in cleanliness and friendly service. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us, we hope to see you back soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Got last minute 2-night stay at Comfort Suites Santa Fe, NM Dec.24-25. Excellent rate of $99. This place is very clean, functional and well-managed. Like details in room/suite. Has everything needed. Will consider this "home base" from now on. Wonderful breakfast of hot and cold food. Please don't change! However, replacement of vending machines may not be bad idea.

Room Tip: All suites same in this Comfort Inn. Full at Xmas, but manager gave us 3rd floor as quieter without...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review about your most recent visit. We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations. We really appreciate you choosing our Comfort Suites as your choice of lodging.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in December. Very safe area. Behind Denver Mattress off the main road of Cerrillos. This made it a little difficult to find as the sign was smaller than others, but also made it more quiet. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was wonderful, many selections for the dieter or non-dieter. Eggs and a meat every morning with gravy and biscuits. Belgian waffles, juices, cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. Coffee (or hot tea) in lobby all day was handy for the afternoon slump after a day of sightseeing. We had a king suite that was very comfortable. Bed was very comfortable. No glitches at all with high speed internet. Bathroom was nicely updated and very clean. Close to downtown Sante Fe. Good shopping and restaurants all around. We will definitely stay there again next time in Sante Fe.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our Comfort Suites as your choice of lodging during your recent visit to Santa Fe. We are pleased to know you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, our staff is one of our best assets. Guest satisfaction is our priority and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you back soon.
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

I've been staying in quite of a few CS's, all in California. This one is as good...I confused myself and drove to the Quality Inn up the street, which is part of the Choice chain, but Comfort suites is a step ahead. The location might make you miss it as it is behind another business on Cerillos, but that only helps in keeping in quiet. I know I turned to early and had to go around turn on to the side street (stupid GPS).

While most come to the area to enjoy the touristy stuff, this one is straight business at the right price (more expensive than Albuquerque but that's Santa Fe), and the breakfast and free cookies rocked the boat. Would stay again if I come back to Santa Fe, which I hope I would.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesMgmnt, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2014

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!