“The place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Bath, Maine
“The place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just returned home from a wonderful trip to NM. We stayed 6 nights in Santa Fe at the Comfort Suites on Cerrillos Rd. We could not have been more pleased. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable, roomy and clean and actually looked just like the photos on the internet. I haven't ever stayed in such a quiet Inn. We never heard a sound from our indoor neighbors or traffic. When we needed grocery products, there was a natural food store right next to the hotel and Cerrillos Rd. abounds with restaurants and shopping. It is only a 10 minute drive to the Plaza.
The complimentary breakfast served the purpose. It wasn't fancy but it had everything most folks would need for a start to their day. The young lady who watched over the breakfast area was friendly, helpful and very pleasant to all.
The pool and hot tub were fine. I really like the saline pool rather than chlorine. My one disappointment was that the pool didn't open until 10 a.m. because I enjoy a morning swim. We did use it later in the day. The water was nice and warm and the hot tub was hot and bubbly. Just what we needed after some chilly weather.
So, we were delighted with our stay there, and when we return to the area we will choose the Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor so no one was above us, and our room was in the back so that may have preve...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I foolishly, was sightseeing, mid day, on Wed, June 6 2012, without a hat, and, without my water bottle, got dehydrated, suddenly felt dizzy, struggled to breathe, lower leg pain, felt like symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis, I got my rental car, from downtown, and knew I did not have the strength to drive 50 minutes to Albuquerque, walked into lobby very slowly, produced my Am Ex, and staff, asked me was I alright? I could hardly speaki. The staff @ Comfort Suites, gave me dx of heat exhaustion, water dehydration, and heat stroke symptoms, and placed, me in the quietest room in the facility at far corner, "down and out" near the rear entrance, for me to lay down and rest, with my 6 pack of bottled water. I got a great rate, (approx $100) in high season,
and indeed, the room was very, very quiet, as I had a Nurse Triage over the phone, give the assurance, I would survive, including several "charlie horses" that had me on the carpet, in agony and pain. Thank God for some emergency pain meds I keep with me, (when hiking). I would stay here again, way out busy Cerrillos Rd, why? Courtesy Staff, very clean rooms, very near chain restaurants, and a Starbucks, & Sunflower Organic Supermarket. I fooled myself, that 21 days in Albuquerque, @5,200 ft, had made me "heat stroke immune" not necessarily so in New Mexico summer's. Sunscreen, hat, 10 bottled waters per day, is what I will always remember, flying in from my home @600ft elevation. Highly recommend, and they took my AAA card, to save me $$$$$. I liked the complimentary Internet in the lobby, complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: In my particular case, due to physical problems walking, I requested a down and out room, meaning a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although our room was on the small side, it was clean and comfortable, with a mini-fridge but no microwave. Breakfast buffet was typical but good: hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, pastries, waffles, etc. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again with no qualms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clean, spacious comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Just off Cerrillos Road, a busy but convenient thoroughfare, but rooms in this well built hotel are quiet. An excellent breatfast is included with a wide variety of choices. If you don't insist on a "Santa Fe decor", this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: We always ask for an upper level room away from elevators, stairs, vending. Probably best to ask for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A little hard to find (behind Denver Mattress), but made for less street and traffic noise. Excellent value for Santa Fe. Very nice and helpful staff. Clean room and bathroom. Nice breakfast....nothing fancy, but good variety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Check in was good, with friendly and helpful staff, who directed us to a local pizza parlor for an excellent pizza dinner. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was good - we had eggs and sausage, and there was also yogurt, cereal and a waffle maker, as well as other breakfast items. This area of Santa Fe has plenty for everyone, with a movie theater closeby as well as grocery stores and a Wal Mart.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were just here for one night on business. After the night before in a different city/hotel - this was a real disappointment. Upon checking in at 6:00 pm (meaning ready for dinner), we asked the front desk attendant for a restaurant recommendation. He started listing some fast food Mexican restaurants. We said we are from southern New Mexico so, being very used to Mexican food, we were looking for something a little different. He, very condescendingly said "WELL, you ARE in SANTA FE!" Room was very small. The desk chair was squeezed between a desk and the wall because there was no room to put it in front of the desk. Breakfast was as expected. Location a bit hard to find....than goodness for GPS. Clerks attitude was the most disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!