“Due to unexpected heat stroke, this place saved me hospital visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3348 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Due to unexpected heat stroke, this place saved me hospital visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I foolishly, was sightseeing, mid day, on Wed, June 6 2012, without a hat, and, without my water bottle, got dehydrated, suddenly felt dizzy, struggled to breathe, lower leg pain, felt like symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis, I got my rental car, from downtown, and knew I did not have the strength to drive 50 minutes to Albuquerque, walked into lobby very slowly, produced my Am Ex, and staff, asked me was I alright? I could hardly speaki. The staff @ Comfort Suites, gave me dx of heat exhaustion, water dehydration, and heat stroke symptoms, and placed, me in the quietest room in the facility at far corner, "down and out" near the rear entrance, for me to lay down and rest, with my 6 pack of bottled water. I got a great rate, (approx $100) in high season,
and indeed, the room was very, very quiet, as I had a Nurse Triage over the phone, give the assurance, I would survive, including several "charlie horses" that had me on the carpet, in agony and pain. Thank God for some emergency pain meds I keep with me, (when hiking). I would stay here again, way out busy Cerrillos Rd, why? Courtesy Staff, very clean rooms, very near chain restaurants, and a Starbucks, & Sunflower Organic Supermarket. I fooled myself, that 21 days in Albuquerque, @5,200 ft, had made me "heat stroke immune" not necessarily so in New Mexico summer's. Sunscreen, hat, 10 bottled waters per day, is what I will always remember, flying in from my home @600ft elevation. Highly recommend, and they took my AAA card, to save me $$$$$. I liked the complimentary Internet in the lobby, complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: In my particular case, due to physical problems walking, I requested a down and out room, meaning a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although our room was on the small side, it was clean and comfortable, with a mini-fridge but no microwave. Breakfast buffet was typical but good: hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, pastries, waffles, etc. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again with no qualms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clean, spacious comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Just off Cerrillos Road, a busy but convenient thoroughfare, but rooms in this well built hotel are quiet. An excellent breatfast is included with a wide variety of choices. If you don't insist on a "Santa Fe decor", this may be the place for you.

Room Tip: We always ask for an upper level room away from elevators, stairs, vending. Probably best to ask for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

A little hard to find (behind Denver Mattress), but made for less street and traffic noise. Excellent value for Santa Fe. Very nice and helpful staff. Clean room and bathroom. Nice breakfast....nothing fancy, but good variety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Check in was good, with friendly and helpful staff, who directed us to a local pizza parlor for an excellent pizza dinner. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was good - we had eggs and sausage, and there was also yogurt, cereal and a waffle maker, as well as other breakfast items. This area of Santa Fe has plenty for everyone, with a movie theater closeby as well as grocery stores and a Wal Mart.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were just here for one night on business. After the night before in a different city/hotel - this was a real disappointment. Upon checking in at 6:00 pm (meaning ready for dinner), we asked the front desk attendant for a restaurant recommendation. He started listing some fast food Mexican restaurants. We said we are from southern New Mexico so, being very used to Mexican food, we were looking for something a little different. He, very condescendingly said "WELL, you ARE in SANTA FE!" Room was very small. The desk chair was squeezed between a desk and the wall because there was no room to put it in front of the desk. Breakfast was as expected. Location a bit hard to find....than goodness for GPS. Clerks attitude was the most disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I don't know that I've ever been to a Comfort Suites where I was disappointed. Clean & fresh rooms, comfortable bed & pillows. This one in Santa Fe had a nice breakfast with biscuits/gravy, eggs/sausage - bacon on Sunday, and the standard waffle iron. Staff was very pleasant and friendly.

This location is tricky to find, tucked in what must have formerly been a vacant lot behind a mattress business on the main drag. Online maps & GPS programs currently show the wrong location. Southbound after dark there was NO visible sign of the hotel. We turned into various dead ends where it was 'supposed' to be, then finally happened to see it. Even northbound the Comfort Suites sign is positioned low to the ground where it isn't visible until too late to turn. Be prepared!

Only one thing "rubbed me the wrong way" and struck me as a tremendous lie!! The toilet paper in the room was a brand called "Heavenly Soft" -- they lie! This stuff was like sand paper!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!