“comfortable hotel, good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #42 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Los Angeles, California
“comfortable hotel, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I came to Santa Fe for a business trip. The hotel was comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was convenient for me, but it doesn't seem very close to the main tourist attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
property85, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I'm happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. I appreciate your comments on the helpful, friendly staff, and appreciate you taking the time to comment. It sounds as though they provided the service we expect. I'm pleased to hear our location was convenient for your needs. Since we are walking distance to shopping and restaurants, it is what most of our guests like the most.We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at this Fairfield on a stop over in Santa Fe on our way to the mountains of northern New Mexico. It was a good choice, with quality typical of the chain, though the hotel could use updating. The desk clerk was helpful, and the room was fine. As with all the hotels on Cerrillos, it is a fair distance from the plaza and the galleries on Canyon Road, but Santa Fe is not that big a town and is fairly easy to get around in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
property85, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
It sounds as though you had an overall nice trip. I am happy to hear you made a good choice in staying with us, and pleased our staff was helpful. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you on furture visits.
Fort Collins, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed for 2 days and it was the worst Marriott I have stayed in so far. The staff was excellent but the room did not really look clean. We were going to make coffee but the but the packs had been used by previous guests and had not been replaced or the empty ones thrown away. There were hairs on my bed and lots in the bathroom. The second night I found the bath mat wet in the tub in about 4" of water even though the room had been cleaned that day.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room, there is no elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
property85, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I sincerely aplogize for the issues you experienced in your room. By no means is this acceptable nor is it our standard operation. I have addressed the issues with the housekeeping staff. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It is our goal to provide complete satisfaction, I would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the service you so well deserve. Please contact me should you be in the area again.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here for a full week vacation, had no problems at all. Clean, Friendly, and a overall Good staff. I will definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are on the Highway side, I would imagine even number rooms would be quieter, also...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for responding with your comments and taking the time to do so. It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the staff and rooms during your week stay with us. Knowing you will definately return on future visits assures us we are providing the service our guests deserve. Thank you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I am a Gold Elite Marriott Rewards member, and stay at Marriott properties a lot! I must say I did not feel like I was staying at a Marriott while I was at this Fairfield Inn! It was more like an old, shabby Motel 6! The lobby/breakfast room was undersized, the exterior in mediocre conditions! But all of this is not that important: the place where you stay the most is your room! Well, that was the worst part! As soon as we entered the room, a strong roach repellent smell came out of there! We thought: "at least there won't be roaches!" But no, there was one right by our bed, and it was alive! We put some food in the fridge and freezer and by the following day we had to throw it away because of the strong roach repellant smell there was in the fridge! As far as rooms this hotel would deserve nothing more than 1 star, the employees were however very courteous and hard working, reason why I'm giving 2 stars together with the fact that the room was nicely decored (the bathroom was small and hardly accessible because of a sink right in front of the door). This is surely the worst Marriott I've ever stayed at, and I definitely do not recommend it! I am truly surprised that this is a Cat. 4 Marriott hotel, when it hardly reaches the Cat. 1 standards! There isn't even an elevator!

• Stayed July 2012
property85, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I appreciate your comments.I have inspected the room, notified our maitenance team and pest control contractor and while our inspection found nothing, we will continue to take the proper steps to ensure our hotel is pest free. I am pleased to hear you found our staff was hard working and courteous. Thank you for your time.
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is not the hotel in the picture. It is a smaller version that seemed to be constructed differently maybe because of Santa Fe building codes. It seemed more like a lodge. They also did not have an elevator for the second floor, but that wasn't a problem for us. The desk person was very nice and friendly and the hotel was clean. It makes a fine stop, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We would love to have you back for another visit! It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests comment on our clean rooms and friendly staff. I appreciate the information regarding our hotel photo, we are currently working on the error. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your future trips.
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

You could hear people walking in the room above. Upon check-out, the front desk staff said that had just started.

The woman that checked us in was rude!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the noise inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, and have address the issue with the staff. At any time day or night, we want to hear from our guests should there be any type of issue so we can adrress it immediately. Your time is valuable and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Been to Fairfield Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!