“Free shuttle, free cookies, no breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4048 Cerrillos Rd., Santa Fe, NM 87507   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Free shuttle, free cookies, no breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a nice stay at this hotel for the International Folk Art Festival. There was a free shuttle which took us to the lot where we got the festival shuttle to & from Museum Hill, which was very helpful. Beds & pillows were comfy, the bathroom was large. The plumbing was amazingly silent - I slept in the bed by the wall next to the bathroom and never heard a thing when my companion showered.

Pluses were free chocolate chip cookies whenever we asked (don't think about the calories), coffee in the morning & cold water in the afternoon. Breakfast was not included, but with a refrigerator & a microwave in the room & lots of stores nearby it wasn't a problem. The hotel's location is okay for amenities like chain restaurants, stores, and a mall, but there's none of the Santa Fe ambiance that comes with more centrally-located places. Cerrillos is one the main arteries into town, though, so getting to the museums and the Plaza was easy.

If you're thinking about eating at the Blue Corn Brewery & restaurant around the corner, ask at the desk for a $5 off coupon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor facing west have a great view of the sunset if you can shut out the noise dow...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank TexasClaire
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear TeaxasClaire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe! I am happy to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentary 24-hour shuttle service for the International Folk Art Festival. We want to make your visit during busy weekends such as Folk Art Festival weekend is as convenient and relaxing as possible. And while our breakfast is not complimentary, we provide a wonderful buffet as well as a menu option. I would suggest to try our housemade organic granola! Very delicious! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again when you are in the area!

Regards,

Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family. The staff is amazing….they are so kind and always smiling!!! They really make you feel cared for the second you walk in the door. I highly recommend it. It's close to shopping, movies, restaurants…..you should stay here! :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank John O
Dear John O,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We strive to always provide the warmest and sincerest customer service. We hope that your time in Santa Fe was just was wonderful and we hope to welcome you back as a return guest when you are in the area!

Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a great hotel for a two day getaway. They had extremely comfortable beds along with clean rooms and balcony to be able to enjoy the view and great weather. The staff was very friendly. They have a fitness center on the 4th floor that has equipment that faces an awesome view of Santa Fe.

1 Thank Ted T
Dear Ted T,

We are so happy to read your wonderful review on your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe! I agree that we do have extremely comfortable beds! It's wonderful to hear that you were able to experience the beauty of Santa Fe by utilizing our balconies and our 4th floor fitness center. We are lucky to have such wonderful guests, and we hope to welcome you back when you are in the area!

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel is adorable on the outside, pretty in the lobby and my room was quite nice. However, I was stunned and disgusted after checking in to see stains on the suet on my bed. Yellowish stains. So gross. I can't imagine how they could put that on a guest's bed. It should be thrown away if it cannot be cleaned properly. Possibly it wasn't even cleaned.

Also, I was in my room one night and all was fine. However, the following morning I woke to see a huge fly flying around in my room. How did it get in? It definitely was not there the previous evening and night.

Most of the staff was warm, welcoming and helpful. The one exception was a gentleman working at the front desk on Saturday night. Extremely unfriendly to the point of being rude.

Please note that the hotel is about a 10-minute drive to the main plaza. The hotel does offer a shuttle to take you around within a 5 or 7 mile radius, which is very helpful. I rented a car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear KNYC,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience with the cleanliness of your room; this is not a typical issue we have here at our hotel. In fact, we pride ourselves on being rated very highly on our cleanliness. I do hope that you would give us another chance when you are in the area so that we can provide you with a flawless stay. Thank you again for being our guest, and we hope to see you again.

Regards,
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked this hotel through hotwire.com. Kathryn at the front desk checked us in for our two day stay. We were given two cookies when we checked into the hotel. We decided to stay an extra night. Kathryn again helped us out and gave us a special. The hotel has a balcony! We sat outside to a beautiful view. It is located in the midst of everything. It is an hour away from the Bandelier National Park, 1/2 hour away from downtown Santa Fe.

1 Thank lifesadventurer
Dear lifesadventurer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I will make sure that Kathryn is commended for taking care of you, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in Santa Fe!

Warm Regards,
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff was very nice & helpful, the room was quite & clean and the cookies were warm! I have stayed in many higher and middle end hotels this year (including Hilton) and none can come close to the cleanliness of this hotel. I am really picky about this particularly the bathrooms, I couldn't have done a better job myself! The place I look 1st is the top of the baseboards and the corners, these were spotless! I know where I will stay when I go to Santa Fe and will recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: To the best of my knowledge all are great but the west side seems to have the best view.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Garden Grove, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Even though I called and made room reservations asking for an ADA room for my elderly parents, when we arrived at the Hotel they didn't or couldn't meet any of our requests and gave us rooms on the 3rd floor in the middle of the Hotel not very accessible for someone who cannot walk far. Plus requested adjoining rooms to help parents which the Hotel also could not accommodate. The maids came knocking at the door at 9:30 a.m. even though we clearly put out the "Do not disturb" sign. Jason at the front desk wasn't at all helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

2 Thank Evelyn V
Angie M, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 5, 2014