“A truly enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
Corona, California
“A truly enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

From the moment I approached the reception desk until I checked out, I felt I was truly a valued guest. Everyone of the hotel staff I met was truly friendly and more than helpful. I stayed in a Junior Suite that appeared to have been recently re-decorated; the colors were lighter than I have seen in hotels and very pleasant. Also, the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. I will be returning to Santa Fe again on business, and I will most definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear SullysMom
Corona, California

Dear SullysMom:
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your wonderful experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I was very happy to hear your comments about our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed one night just before Thanksgiving. I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member so I've stayed at a lot of hotels around the country. Staying at this Doubletree was wonderful. The room was super clean, new and comfortable. The staff, including Erica Romero at the restaurant, were all professional and provided very good service. We were really impressed with this hotel and will stay again in the future. Kudos to the staff and ownership.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear TexasEd60
Austin, Texas

Thank you for posting a wonderful review that shared your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I am glad that your liked your comfortable and super clean room. Also thank you for recognizing my staff in the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We've stayed many places in Santa Fe, from 5 star hotels to nice B&Bs, and we've had our share of thrills and disappointments--this hotel definitely rates in our category of "places we would stay again!" The exterior of this hotel and lobby have a pleasant Santa Fe style, the room was clean, and well-appointed in the Doubletree format, and quiet--despite being right off of busy Cerrillos Rd. The location is convenient. As we've found over the years staying on the square is fun, but once you know your way around, you don't have to limit yourself to that area. If I had a complaint it would be that the sink area is a bit small, but this is a minor concern.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
travelgirl898
Staunton, Virginia

Dear travelgirl898:
Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I was glad to read your positive comments about the lobby, exterior, quietness, cleanliness and location of the facility. It was great also that you now consider the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe as a place that you would stay again.
I look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the Santa Fe area.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I reviewed couple hotels in the old city Plaza area but am very happy with my choice of the Doubletree. After going downtown tonight between the hours of 4 and 6 p, the place was kind of creepy and amazingly deserted on a Saturday night after dark. The other two hotels did not have free parking either. This place is beautiful. Another person posted something about having a room in the back of the hotel. This is a plus because it is away from the street and quiet. Very nice linens, big fluffy white towels and a soft chocolate chip cookie at check-in. Internet works great, much faster than most places I have stayed. The base of the bedside lamps has plug-ins for your cell phone and laptop. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
November 14, 20102
Lily_girl02
Colorado Springs, Colorado:

Dear Lily_girl02:
Thank for posting a wonderful review to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. The amenities that we provided to you (free parking, beautiful facility, nice linens, fluffy towels, complimentary internet, Signature DoubleTree Cookie, etc) are all offered to enhance your stay. I am so glad that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Santa Fe.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is a bit hard to find, situated on an odd-shaped lot on Cerrillos, just north of Airport Road, on the right hand of the road as you're going toward downtown Santa Fe. Stayed three days to attend a seminar here, and was very pleased with my accomodations. Had a large junior suite. Seems very quiet, but well appointed - did not try the spa (a hot-tub and small pool), but it was available. I had breakfast a couple of times -- they've got a self-service hot and cold bar. Not complimentary, but worth the price. Also had dinner one evening - good sized, tasty shrimp on a bed of rice and pasta? The lunch served to seminar participants was good, too. Friendly but small bar.

Tip: the elevator is 'way at one end of the hotel, so it's frequently easier to use the steps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Matayman
Chicagi, IL

Dear Matayman:
Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your wonderful experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I was very glad to hear you positive comments about the facility. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area,

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed four nights in October. When we first arrived we were a little concerned about the location as it is about 5 miles from the Plaza; however, that turned out not be a problem as the hotel is near the major roads and made traveling to tent rocks and Bandelier National Monument very convenient. However, after hiking all day we were tired and did not feel like driving to the plaza for dinner so we ate at places close to the hotel.

We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very friendly and efficient. I reserved a junior suite; however, when I checked in I was informed that they only had a junior suite on the first floor. I find it very strange that they only have those room on the first floor?? I told the front desk that I find that hard to believe, but she insisted that those types of room are on the first floor. The outside sitting area is practically in the parking lot so we decided on a traditional room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. The room turned out to be fine and was big enough for the two of us. There are no great views from any of the balconies, but we still enjoyed a glass of wine on it in the evening. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and the waitress (Erica) was great! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (Patina's). I had the pork chop which was excellent and my husband had a chicken dish which was very good. The pool area was kind of odd. Half the pool was indoor and the other half was outdoor and very small. We didn't use the pool because when we returned from hiking in the late afternoon there was no sun in the pool area and it was chilly outside. The gym was fine - two treadmills and one ellipitical trainer and free weights. I recommend this hotel but if you want to be close to the Plaza, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
decoydonna
New York City

Dear decoydonna:
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Hearing feedback from our guests helps us to correct our faults to provide the best experience possible. I want to personally apologize for assigning you a guestroom on the first floor. I am glad that the option to move to a traditional king room, on the 3rd, floor worked for you.

Additionally, I was glad that you were pleased with our food outlets. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We value you as a guest. Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel was great. After a long drive, we initially took a wrong turn and other than a prison, there was nothing around. When we finally got back on track, we found the hotel and it is in a great area. We did not have any problems checking in. Our room was on the first floor across close to the self-laundry. Even with people using this, we did not hear the noise in our room. The room was large and very comfortable. We loved having the refrigerator and the microwave. The bed was very comfortable and we really liked the layout of the room including the high ceilings. We had easy access to the business center and everything was very well organized. We often got up early because we drove to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque and the staff was always very friendly when we passed by in the lobby. We did not use the pool, but it looked great. We did order room service our first evening since we were very tired and the food came in a very short time and exactly as ordered. We had a great experience at this hotel and would not hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear: Monica S., San Antonio, TX

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to share your satisfying experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. It was great to hear your positive comments about the comfortable guestroom, room service experience and your overall stay. I'm also glad that you had the chance to also experience the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe? Share your experiences!