“Nice hotel, location could be a problem for some” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
New York City
“Nice hotel, location could be a problem for some”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed four nights in October. When we first arrived we were a little concerned about the location as it is about 5 miles from the Plaza; however, that turned out not be a problem as the hotel is near the major roads and made traveling to tent rocks and Bandelier National Monument very convenient. However, after hiking all day we were tired and did not feel like driving to the plaza for dinner so we ate at places close to the hotel.

We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very friendly and efficient. I reserved a junior suite; however, when I checked in I was informed that they only had a junior suite on the first floor. I find it very strange that they only have those room on the first floor?? I told the front desk that I find that hard to believe, but she insisted that those types of room are on the first floor. The outside sitting area is practically in the parking lot so we decided on a traditional room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. The room turned out to be fine and was big enough for the two of us. There are no great views from any of the balconies, but we still enjoyed a glass of wine on it in the evening. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and the waitress (Erica) was great! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (Patina's). I had the pork chop which was excellent and my husband had a chicken dish which was very good. The pool area was kind of odd. Half the pool was indoor and the other half was outdoor and very small. We didn't use the pool because when we returned from hiking in the late afternoon there was no sun in the pool area and it was chilly outside. The gym was fine - two treadmills and one ellipitical trainer and free weights. I recommend this hotel but if you want to be close to the Plaza, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
decoydonna
New York City

Dear decoydonna:
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Hearing feedback from our guests helps us to correct our faults to provide the best experience possible. I want to personally apologize for assigning you a guestroom on the first floor. I am glad that the option to move to a traditional king room, on the 3rd, floor worked for you.

Additionally, I was glad that you were pleased with our food outlets. Thank you for recommending our hotel. We value you as a guest. Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel was great. After a long drive, we initially took a wrong turn and other than a prison, there was nothing around. When we finally got back on track, we found the hotel and it is in a great area. We did not have any problems checking in. Our room was on the first floor across close to the self-laundry. Even with people using this, we did not hear the noise in our room. The room was large and very comfortable. We loved having the refrigerator and the microwave. The bed was very comfortable and we really liked the layout of the room including the high ceilings. We had easy access to the business center and everything was very well organized. We often got up early because we drove to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque and the staff was always very friendly when we passed by in the lobby. We did not use the pool, but it looked great. We did order room service our first evening since we were very tired and the food came in a very short time and exactly as ordered. We had a great experience at this hotel and would not hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear: Monica S., San Antonio, TX

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to share your satisfying experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. It was great to hear your positive comments about the comfortable guestroom, room service experience and your overall stay. I'm also glad that you had the chance to also experience the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel was very clean and nice. Our room was much larger than expected and the cost was reasonable. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were some of the best I've used at hotels comparable to this one. The staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly. There was plenty of parking at anytime of the day or night. The bathrooms felt new and clean. The AC/heating was nice too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear love to t, US:

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your wonderful experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I was very glad to hear your positive comments about the bed & bedding, my staff and the overall facility. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We checked in here at the last minute following a bad experience with another hotel. What a difference. We were warmly greeted and given free cookies. There is also free coffee in the morning and evening. The hotel lobby area was very attractive and our room was lovely too with microwave and fridge and very nice toiletries. The bathroom had the fluffiest bathmat I have ever seen in a hotel! We had a small outside patio as well. The exercise room was well appointed with the nice addition of ice-cold towels. We didn't use the pools but they looked good too. We didn't eat in the hotel, opting for picnic breakfasts and lunches out while we were exploring the area. We also ate dinner in town. The location of the hotel on the strip is very convenient, near shops and restaurants and the roads out of town to other attractions. On checking out the receptionist gave us more cookies 'for the road' - a lovely touch and we would definitely return here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Oct 1, 2012

Dear madissonWitts, Bath United Kingdom:

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your wonderful experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Our goal is to have all of our guests experience a superior product and courteous service during their stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. We were part of a group of 41. The food was good and everything would have been great until we met "Bruster". He appeared to be the supervisor of the kitchen at breakfast time, wearing a suit and tie... with an attitude, unlike the rest of the staff. He made a big fuss when one guest after another asked for white toasts. They only had wheat toasts on the buffet. He said to both guests that he could not accommodate 40 guest with white toasts, brown toast were the carb for the day!!!! I had to tell him that is the only thing I eat for breakfast in the morning. I am a Guest in the hotel, my request was not so unusual and did not need a dissertation on the subject. He did not give the toasts to the other guest. The next morning, the waitress had no hesitance in giving me my white toasts. In this position, he should know how to treat hotel guests or change his line of work!!!! The rest of the staff were great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Terrie C (Port Saint Lucie, Florida):

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with my restaurant staff. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to experience a superior product with first class service. I am sorry that this was not your experience. Please note that I have already addressed your incident with my restaurant manager and promise you that it has been corrected. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and would highly recommend it. It has great staff and comfortable rooms. The beds are very comfortable. It has great bath products and adjustable a/c-heating. The business center has internet access and is free with a room key to access it. The room service was fast both times I used it-about 15 minutes. It was the first time I had stayed in a hotel away from the Plaza, which required driving down the road to get there. Take a roll of quarters for parking and there should be no problem enjoying the downtown area from here. My car keys went missing and the night man went out to look for them after dark. They were later turned in by a guest who had accidently picked them up. I received a warm cookie every day at my request. It was easy to stay here and the other guests as well as the staff made me feel very safe and comfortable while traveling alone. There is a corner store and gas station across the street. There are a number of chain restaurants and strip shopping centers around the area.

Room Tip: The value of this hotel is not in the scenery but in the comfort and great service.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
September 19, 2012

Dear GottaGo107:

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Our goal to have all of our guests experience a superior product and courteous service during their stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I am also glad that you finally located your car keys. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Loved the hotel. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. We were assigned one of the renovated rooms. Very pretty. The bed was extremely comfortable! We had the breakfast buffet - very good. We had dinner one night. Very good food in the restaurant. Very easy walk to the Historic Plaza. Did not go to the pool, but the pool area looked really nice. Nominal parking fee which is usual in downtown locations. Would certainly stay here in future visits to Santa Fe".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear "bandit" - Houston TX:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I'm happy to hear that our Front Desk & Food services made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.
Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe? Share your experiences!