We stayed four nights in October. When we first arrived we were a little concerned about the location as it is about 5 miles from the Plaza; however, that turned out not be a problem as the hotel is near the major roads and made traveling to tent rocks and Bandelier National Monument very convenient. However, after hiking all day we were tired and did not feel like driving to the plaza for dinner so we ate at places close to the hotel.
We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very friendly and efficient. I reserved a junior suite; however, when I checked in I was informed that they only had a junior suite on the first floor. I find it very strange that they only have those room on the first floor?? I told the front desk that I find that hard to believe, but she insisted that those types of room are on the first floor. The outside sitting area is practically in the parking lot so we decided on a traditional room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. The room turned out to be fine and was big enough for the two of us. There are no great views from any of the balconies, but we still enjoyed a glass of wine on it in the evening. We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and the waitress (Erica) was great! We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (Patina's). I had the pork chop which was excellent and my husband had a chicken dish which was very good. The pool area was kind of odd. Half the pool was indoor and the other half was outdoor and very small. We didn't use the pool because when we returned from hiking in the late afternoon there was no sun in the pool area and it was chilly outside. The gym was fine - two treadmills and one ellipitical trainer and free weights. I recommend this hotel but if you want to be close to the Plaza, this is not the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Santa Fe Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Holiday Inn Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe is in a great location for all of your Santa Fe destinations and business needs. We are only minutes from the Historic Plaza, Santa Fe Place Mall, Golf Courses, Santa Fe Colleges, Santa Fe Opera, Casinos, Interstate 25 and just thirty minutes from the Santa Fe Ski Basin. If you are filming in NM or a business traveler visiting Los Alamos National Labs, UPS, Fed Ex or a local business you will find that the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe is the perfect location to meet, relax and work with over 4,500 square feet of flexible meeting space. We offer complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from the Santa Fe Airport, complimentary high-speed Internet access and much more. Enjoy a delicious meal for breakfast at Patina's or dinner at Mezcal Bar and Grill featuring contemporary American cuisine. Santa Fe, New Mexico enjoys over 330 days of sunshine offering powder skiing in the winter with spectacular views of New Mexico's romantic and colorful sunsets. So come and experience the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe in the City Different amid the Land of Enchantment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.