“Bruster with an attitude!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Bruster with an attitude!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. We were part of a group of 41. The food was good and everything would have been great until we met "Bruster". He appeared to be the supervisor of the kitchen at breakfast time, wearing a suit and tie... with an attitude, unlike the rest of the staff. He made a big fuss when one guest after another asked for white toasts. They only had wheat toasts on the buffet. He said to both guests that he could not accommodate 40 guest with white toasts, brown toast were the carb for the day!!!! I had to tell him that is the only thing I eat for breakfast in the morning. I am a Guest in the hotel, my request was not so unusual and did not need a dissertation on the subject. He did not give the toasts to the other guest. The next morning, the waitress had no hesitance in giving me my white toasts. In this position, he should know how to treat hotel guests or change his line of work!!!! The rest of the staff were great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Terrie C (Port Saint Lucie, Florida):

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with my restaurant staff. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to experience a superior product with first class service. I am sorry that this was not your experience. Please note that I have already addressed your incident with my restaurant manager and promise you that it has been corrected. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and would highly recommend it. It has great staff and comfortable rooms. The beds are very comfortable. It has great bath products and adjustable a/c-heating. The business center has internet access and is free with a room key to access it. The room service was fast both times I used it-about 15 minutes. It was the first time I had stayed in a hotel away from the Plaza, which required driving down the road to get there. Take a roll of quarters for parking and there should be no problem enjoying the downtown area from here. My car keys went missing and the night man went out to look for them after dark. They were later turned in by a guest who had accidently picked them up. I received a warm cookie every day at my request. It was easy to stay here and the other guests as well as the staff made me feel very safe and comfortable while traveling alone. There is a corner store and gas station across the street. There are a number of chain restaurants and strip shopping centers around the area.

Room Tip: The value of this hotel is not in the scenery but in the comfort and great service.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
September 19, 2012

Dear GottaGo107:

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Our goal to have all of our guests experience a superior product and courteous service during their stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I am also glad that you finally located your car keys. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Loved the hotel. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. We were assigned one of the renovated rooms. Very pretty. The bed was extremely comfortable! We had the breakfast buffet - very good. We had dinner one night. Very good food in the restaurant. Very easy walk to the Historic Plaza. Did not go to the pool, but the pool area looked really nice. Nominal parking fee which is usual in downtown locations. Would certainly stay here in future visits to Santa Fe".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear "bandit" - Houston TX:
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. I'm happy to hear that our Front Desk & Food services made your stay more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to the Santa Fe area.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I called Doubletree directly to book and was told that I would get an additional discount applied at the time of check-in for military. The guy said it had to be done then because I needed to show proof. But, when I got there I was told that this was not policy. The woman was very rude about it and showed zero concern that this type of information was being given to people at time of booking. This is how Doubletree thanks military personnel. I complained twice and not once was I contacted by a manager. Nothing was done or inquired about the fact that I was quoted a different price for military and then refused it. How is that for service recovery for people who serve this nation? I walked away feeling that you would be told anything on the phone regardless of its validity just to get you to book with them. The only positive thing I can say is that bed was comfortable. I will never be lied to and tricked into booking at this hotel ever again. I go to Santa Fe every year with family and plan to stay somewhere that shows gratitude for military personnel and that doesn't employ such rude staff. Seriously, the Econolodge had better service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Ms. Jessica B.
Oklahoma City OK

Dear Ms. Jessica B:
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced with my front desk staff and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and a superior product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You
can be confident that I have shared your comments with our team so we can do a better job.

Again, I apologize again for the inconvenience. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! We respect the people that serve in the military. Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a standard cookie cutter Double tree. Were it not for the mandated pueblo exterior, it could be situated anywhere. That said, it is a comfortable place to stay with good value for a night or two. We stayed 5 nights, and it quickly became boring, especially the complimentary breakfast.

Downtown is a ca 25 minute bus ride, so the location is not too great unless you have a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Charleyeaster / California:
Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. As you know, it is our goal to have all of our guests experience a superior product and courteous service during their stay. I am sorry that the new décor was a bit of a "standard cookie cutter" for your needs; however, the design is consistent with the DoubleTree franchise requirements. I will also speak with my Chef about enhancing the breakfast menu for our long term guests.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We (famliy of three) stayed for two nights at the Doubletree and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located conviently at one of the central roads into Santa Fe. You will find shopping opportunities and restaurants within walking distance. The room was freshly renovated and clean. The bed´s matress was excellent. Free WiFi. The hotel´s overall decoration was somewhat dark for my taste. The breakfast service (Erica) was excellent and very attentive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear MartinB (Enjoyable Stay):
Thank you very much for your complimentary comments about your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe. As you know, it is our goal to have all of our guests experience a superior product and courteous service during their stay. I am sorry that the new décor was a bit dark for your liking; however, it seems that we did make up for it with the location of the hotel, our overall service and cleanliness standards.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently renovated room. Everything's clean, nice, modern. Good quality coffee in the room. Unfortunately no central cooling and a noisy window unit for AC. Special mentioning for the bed: Superb. Extremely comfortable. (You can put a wine glass on the matress and yet still jump on the bed.) Plenty of open parking around the hotel. The hotel is rather unpleasant yet very convenient location. There are several Starbucks stores, supermarkets, Fabulous Mexian taco trucks. 1 Minute away from, I-25, a few minutes away from Santa Fe Airport and 10 minutes from Santa Fe historical downtown. I would have give 5 stars except: one night during our stay, there was a brief wireless internet outage. Later on, we figured out that it was not related to the hotel but to the provider and the whole thing lasted around 15-20 minutes. But the night staff was clueless about the situation, nor they treated the situation as a problem. Perhaps the right descriptin will be, they did not react at all. I could have said, 'internet is out' or 'martians are invading us'.... Also, during our 3 days stay, 'housekeeping' staff never said 'hello' when we ran each other in the hallway.
I only mention these details because I am used to much higher standarts from Hilton. Otherwise, it was a pleasant say as the price and the room goes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
borwukNewYork

Dear Sir/Madam:
I appreciate you taking the time to share the pleasures and disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your total expectation. I do however really appreciate your 4 out of 5 rating.

can be confident that I have spoken with my night staff on how to address the internet issues and I have spoken with my housekeeping staff about properly greeting our guests. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us.