“Looking for a nice play to stay? Try the Inn at Santa Fe!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8376 Cerrillos Road, I-25, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #19 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Looking for a nice play to stay? Try the Inn at Santa Fe!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

This was my first trip to Santa Fe. I stayed at the Inn at Santa Fe during the off peak time during the week (Sunday - Tuesday). I originally wanted to stay at another hotel (Inn on the Alameda), but their prices were out of our budget. So, I did some research on Trip Advisor and discovered the Inn at Santa Fe. Based on the the reviews and more affordable room rates, I decided to book my stay at the Inn at Santa Fe. Overall, I was pleased with my decision.

I will start out by saying that if you are looking to stay within walking distance or very near the historic Santa Fe plaza (where the majority of the touristy spots) then do not stay here because it will require about a 15-20 minute drive to the plaza. The advantage of staying outside of the plaza is that the hotels are usually less expensive, but still provide a good place to stay, including the Inn at Santa Fe! I did not mind the short drive to the plaza. It actually allowed me to do more sight seeing on my way to the plaza. But back to the hotel. . .

The staff at the Inn at Santa Fe were fabulous and very friendly. The check-in process was a breeze. I also enjoyed the nightly (and FREE) manager's reception where they served one complimentary alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, a great margaritas!) with light appetizers (chips, salsa, etc.). The other nice thing about staying here is the FREE BREAKFAST they provide daily! They offered scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, tortillas to make breakfast burritos, pancakes, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, and cold cereals. Did I mention this was all free? LOL! There is also a restaurant, but I did not eat there because I wanted to try some of the local Mexican restaurants.

The room I stayed in good. The room and floor was quiet. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room which was nice for storing those tasty leftovers from dinner! There was also a flat panel TV with cable and FREE wireless internet!!! Another plus in my book! The bathroom area was a bit small for my liking. A word to parents traveling with children: The room we stayed in only had a shower, no bathtub. This wasn't a problem for me, but if people are traveling with small children who want a bathe them in a tub, you might want to check with the Inn first to see if there are rooms with a bathtub. There was also a small fitness center, and a swimming pool and hot tub. It was too chilly during our visit to try out the pool.

We loved talking to Eric, one the bartenders at the Inn. Ask for him if he is there. He was fabulous! He gave us some great suggestions for local places to eat authentic Mexican food. If you are looking for great Mexican food, try Adelitas, Tia Sophias or Tequila Flats. The staff was great at giving us suggestions for places to visit and directions to get there.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Inn at Santa Fe. I has a great location to the freeway (I-25), but is located far away enough from the freeway there there is NO freeway noise. It is also located next to the Santa Fe Outlet mall (walking distance) which is nice if you like to shop. The only reason I did not rate this hotel as "very good" is because of the location from the historic plaza (being nit picky here!) and the slightly dated construction and room decor (I know, I'm being very picky here!). If you want a clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff, located away from the daily hustle and bustle of the historic plaza, but within reasonable driving distance from the touristy spots, then you will be not be disappointed with the Inn at Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel is located on the outskirts of Santa Fe right across from an outlet mall. The hotel is clean and quiet. They have a small cafe which had light fare which was good, however, they seemed to be short on help when we were there. We had the room with the 3/4 beds which was less expensive but a little too small. Better opt for the large beds. The staff was friendly and attentitive. They really try to please. They serve a full breakfast which was pretty good and a managers cocktail reception in the evening with a free drink and some snacks. Overall this was a pleasant place to stay.

Oregon City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The one thing the hotel couldn't change when they remodeled was the size of their rooms.
As the desk clerk said, they do everything they can to make up for it. And they do a great job.
The room is thoughtfully done. There is are shelves on either sides of the sink, making a small space roomy. The shower is exceptionally spacious and easy to operate. The scrambled eggs for breakfast are not only tasty but different every day. The hotel urges
guests to ask for tips on restaurants and entertainment. We have never felt so at home at
a hotel. Everyone was friendly.

It is a drive to the center of town. Given the excellent price and comfort, we did not mind
the extra few minutes.

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed at the Inn at Santa Fe for the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. Very convenient to I-25 but 7 miles from the Plaza in Santa Fe. The room was spacious, clean and breakfast was included. (juice, cereal, make your own waffles,..)
They needed more help on a Sunday morning. One person was answering the phone, helping with the waffle machine, checking people out and trying to fix a TV over the phone. She said she would come up to the room to help......they may still be waiting.
We paid $69 plus fees to Hotwire. A late walk in on Saturday night was quoted $89 and I heard a future reservation being quoted at $109.
For our needs the Inn at Santa Fe was great and the price was right. We had no difficulty with the TV, service or anything else.

Visitor from Indiana

Mt Vernon IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel one night only, but would very much recommend it to anyone staying in the area for a while. Very well appointed, extremely clean and the most friendly staff, I have ever seen. Our son and daughter in law live in Santa Fe, and I am certain we will be using their accommodations again, in the future!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I loved the peace and quiet of the hotel. It is a little ways from the plaza, but if you get on I-25 which the Hotel is right off from and go up to the St. Francis exit, the Plaza is just a short ways from there. We enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub and sauna. Clean hotel with a competent and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Inn at Santa Fe. My room and the spaces I used were clean and inviting. The people at the front desk as well as other employees I spoke with from time to time were polite, helpful and genuinely pleasant. Stopping at the Continental breakfast in the morning was a great way to start the day; there was a good variety of breakfast choices and they were tasty. I would definitely stay at the Inn again during my next trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Inn At Santa Fe? Share your experiences!