“Small. No frills. But good stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8376 Cerrillos Road, I-25, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Small. No frills. But good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Clean rooms. Happy and helpful staff. I didn't like the breakfast. Typical buffet food... Cold. But my fiancé like it. So... Away from the square. Which could be a turn off when dining at night but I liked it. It was quiet and away from the tourists. Good value. Rooms are small. But I wasn't there much so it didn't bother me. Basic and budget friendly.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The price was right, the room was clean and nicely decorated. We enjoyed happy hour in the bar and swam around in the pool. Overall, it had everything we needed and the price was very reasonable. We would stay again if we ever go back to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: This place is not huge so none of the rooms are far from the one elevator that exists.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

From the pictures I saw before booking the hotel, I thought it'd be a little bit nicer than it was. It was not horrible, but wasn't the most extravagant either. Room was okay and clean and the hotel is located in the same lot as the outlets and off the highway. The elevator was under construction and the shower made me feel like I was in an Apollo mission - style pod. We only stayed for one night so the value was okay.

• Stayed July 2014
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The furniture in my room looked almost new. I had a problem figuring out the TV since I have cable at home, not DirectV. At other hotels where I've stayed that had DirectV, detailed instructions explaining all the buttons on the remote was the first thing on the screen, and their remotes were different from this one.
The bathroom was small, but the shower stall was a nice size. No tub.
The breakfast the next morning had a good selection, but when I got there about 8:15 AM, they were out of eggs, sausage and gravy for about 15 minutes. I don't eat breakfast except when I'm traveling, so it was like being at home :) But I have to have my coffee, and they were out of coffee and cups for the first 10 minutes. It looked like 1 lady was trying to do everything herself.

Oh, I did see a potentially dangerous problem in my room. On each side of the queen bed there was a pedestal table with a granite top about 1/2 inch thick. The tables were right up against the bed, with their iron pedestals bolted to the floor. I would be afraid people would roll over in their sleep and bang their heads on those granite tops like I almost did. See photo.
But all in all, it was a good stay, and the general manager and front desk staff were nice and helpful.
I'd recommend the hotel, as long as you bring your ear plugs so the loud noise from the A/C or heat doesn't keep you awake.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently stay at this hotel for business, usually a week at a time. The rooms are great and offer a comfortable nights sleep. The bar and restaurant area has a neat atmosphere. They also have decent rates. The one suggestion I can make is to ask for a room away from anyone with pets. They also have several amenities and it is located away from a lot of the noise of the city and congestion.

Room Tip: Get a room away from those they allow pets in!
Green Features: The staff is great and accommodating! It offers a friendly environment with good company.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family took a much needed vacation to Santa Fe in April 2014. Our choice to stay at the Inn at Santa Fe is never a decision, it's a given. We've been going to New Mexico for 7 years now and this hotel has been our very favorite. In fact, my husband and several of his buddies took a trip in June to Santa Fe. My husband said he would make the accommodations and after one quick email we had the rooms
set up for all of them. They even made arrangements for a friend who needed wheelchair accommodations. We trust, love, and appreciate the staff at the Inn at Santa Fe. One visit and you will understand.

• Stayed June 2014
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked this hotel for the 4th of July weekend (FRI and SAT nites). After seeing so many 4 and 5 star ratings I was thinking this must be pretty nice. Well if I had to sum up this hotel in one sentence: "Motel 6 with free breakfast". When they say "boutique" hotel, that means small rooms. We had the single queen room. (208 specifically). Well this is not a queen size bed, it is a full size. And the room is so small that there is no closet or armoire to put your stuff. They have those open handing racks with hangers and shelf above. In this room your get 2 drawers for folded clothes. So for one or two nights, you can manage. The sink/vanity is in the room itself, the toilet and stand alone shower are separate. This is why I make the comparison to Motel 6 - I personally do not like to see my clothes hanging. I prefer to put all of that stuff in a closed closet, out of sight. And they also have those AC/heater units that are in the wall, old style. We left the AC ion "high cool" and it was ok. Every now and then, depending on the fan, it got a bit noisy. As to the breakfast, nothing that Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta do not have now. Same set up. Food is lukewarm at best as so many people serving themselves at the same time, you can't keep it really hot. My girlfriend was so disappointed in this that we ate at IHOP on Sunday before heading home.

Positives - quiet room and clean. Housekeeping is a bit spotty though. Upon checking in FRI, no soaps or those little courtesy shampoos. I got some off an unattended cart on the hallway. Saturday, no tissue box replacement in the vanity or bathmat. (Guess we were supposed to stand on the hard tile floor.). Called the desk and they said I could come down and get these things. Ok, I do go down and received another towel to use, they ran out of bathmats. And no apology. Another trip to Santa Fe, and I think I would not stay here again. $125 a nite seems high to me, but everything in Santa Fe is expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn At Santa Fe? Share your experiences!