“Great Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas City, Texas
“Great Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I recently stay at this hotel for business, usually a week at a time. The rooms are great and offer a comfortable nights sleep. The bar and restaurant area has a neat atmosphere. They also have decent rates. The one suggestion I can make is to ask for a room away from anyone with pets. They also have several amenities and it is located away from a lot of the noise of the city and congestion.

Room Tip: Get a room away from those they allow pets in!
Green Features: The staff is great and accommodating! It offers a friendly environment with good company.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family took a much needed vacation to Santa Fe in April 2014. Our choice to stay at the Inn at Santa Fe is never a decision, it's a given. We've been going to New Mexico for 7 years now and this hotel has been our very favorite. In fact, my husband and several of his buddies took a trip in June to Santa Fe. My husband said he would make the accommodations and after one quick email we had the rooms
set up for all of them. They even made arrangements for a friend who needed wheelchair accommodations. We trust, love, and appreciate the staff at the Inn at Santa Fe. One visit and you will understand.

• Stayed June 2014
El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked this hotel for the 4th of July weekend (FRI and SAT nites). After seeing so many 4 and 5 star ratings I was thinking this must be pretty nice. Well if I had to sum up this hotel in one sentence: "Motel 6 with free breakfast". When they say "boutique" hotel, that means small rooms. We had the single queen room. (208 specifically). Well this is not a queen size bed, it is a full size. And the room is so small that there is no closet or armoire to put your stuff. They have those open handing racks with hangers and shelf above. In this room your get 2 drawers for folded clothes. So for one or two nights, you can manage. The sink/vanity is in the room itself, the toilet and stand alone shower are separate. This is why I make the comparison to Motel 6 - I personally do not like to see my clothes hanging. I prefer to put all of that stuff in a closed closet, out of sight. And they also have those AC/heater units that are in the wall, old style. We left the AC ion "high cool" and it was ok. Every now and then, depending on the fan, it got a bit noisy. As to the breakfast, nothing that Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta do not have now. Same set up. Food is lukewarm at best as so many people serving themselves at the same time, you can't keep it really hot. My girlfriend was so disappointed in this that we ate at IHOP on Sunday before heading home.

Positives - quiet room and clean. Housekeeping is a bit spotty though. Upon checking in FRI, no soaps or those little courtesy shampoos. I got some off an unattended cart on the hallway. Saturday, no tissue box replacement in the vanity or bathmat. (Guess we were supposed to stand on the hard tile floor.). Called the desk and they said I could come down and get these things. Ok, I do go down and received another towel to use, they ran out of bathmats. And no apology. Another trip to Santa Fe, and I think I would not stay here again. $125 a nite seems high to me, but everything in Santa Fe is expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I flew into Albuquerque and drove to Santa Fe. The Inn at Santa Fe was easy to find, and once inside, I was also pleased to find a very friendly, helpful staff. This place is clean and quiet, my bed was comfortable, and my sleep was restful every night. For a woman traveling alone, this was a very good experience. I felt safe at all times and will return for my next trip to Santa Fe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is great to stay at, the staff are very nice. It's cosy here, the rooms aren't huge but everything else makes up for that, down to the muffins to go in the morning. We were made to feel very welcome here, the staff make the place. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is a great value. It has everything I need in a hotel: 1) Clean 2) Friendly staff 3) Free Wifi and 4) good water pressure. The breakfast was free and one of the better free ones I've had at a hotel.
I'm a simple man with simple needs. If you need a good place and a good price and don't require all sorts of "extras" - this is a great choice.

Green Features: I could care less about environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

During my stay the cable picture and sound periodically went out so I called the desk. The outages were to the point that it was difficult to follow the movie. The front desk ask me to check the cable connections. The water pressure runs at a trickle with the faucet fully open.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn At Santa Fe? Share your experiences!