“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

To set your expectations, this is a simple motel in the parking lot of an outlet mall on the edge of town. Your room may be small; your fridge may hum and groan at odd hours. Within that framework though, management is obviously working hard to keep guests happy. The breakfast is the highlight - far better than your usual roadside freebie.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Piermont, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved my room. I spent two nights there during my trip to NM. After a few days of long-distance driving and camping out in state parks, this place felt luxurious. I didn't find the room small at all (we had a double).. Cute deco, comfy beds, clean shower. We found it on Priceline and for the price it's totally worth it. Free breakfast, too!

Stayed October 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Forget all the chain motels along Cerrillos Road and head to this place. Check their website for discounts before you go - we didn't know about that - and they honoured the prices anyway.
The rooms are spacious (as long as you ask for two beds) enough, and everything is in order. We didn't get to the sauna however that is a nice option to have.
Outstanding: the breakfast! It is included in the room price, that part is industry standard. However, it is NOT the boring continental breakfast that is omnipresent elsewhere. Instead, you get bacon or sausage, really nice scrambled eggs, plus another egg dish depending on the day (one day it was Eggs Florentine; the next, Southwestern style). Tortillas and chilis also available, plus all the regular items such as cereal and fruit, bread and bagels to toast. Customer service also pleasant.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with 2 beds, even if there's only 2 of you...the single bed rooms ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
vbruneni, General Manager at Inn At Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Booked my room on Hotwire for 3 persons. Arrived to an attractive reception area and viewed album of area restaurant menues while waiting my turn at check-in desk. The desk clerk indicated that my room had 1 bed, so had to make correction. The change was made pleasantly and she helpfully described the hotel amenities. Our room had little floor space for luggage except under vanity. The room appeared clean and the adjustable spray shower head was a plus. The sink had an egg-water odor (from the drain??) the water didn't taste bad to brush teeth and the hallway to the elevator smelled smokey. The sink handles were opposites - pull forward for H, push back for C. We enjoyed the variety of the hot breakfast and chose to sit outside near the pool - a nice spot in the morning sun v.s. in the rather crowded dining room. Had we stayed longer, would have used pool, laundry & happy hour. Bedspreads, decorator pillows & worn carpet at & in elevator need to go- they diminish a clean feel that our other hotels had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
vbruneni, General Manager at Inn At Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor, your candid comments can only help us to improve.
We are in the process of replacing all of the bedspreads, a good portion of our rooms have already been completed. I will also personally address the elevator, as well as the sink and the hallway. I would appreciate a direct message so I can learn more about the specifics of your stay!
We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future, so you can stay longer and use our pool. I welcome you to contact me directly for the best rate and so that we can guarantee the correct room type!

Yours truly,

San jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hotel is clean & rooms are nice but quite small. They are equipped with a microwave & fridge. The bathroom, if you can call it that is miniscule. And the shower was absolutely horrible. I've had better showers in my RV. No water pressure to the point it was hard to actually get wet enough to soap & rinse off. And only 1 towel per person in the room. Breakfast is only served until 9 & since we are on vacation & not feeling like rushing to get anywhere we didn't get to experience it. Quite far away from anything so it is necessary to have a car to get around as well.

Room Tip: I would ask for a larger room if they have any & check the water pressure when you check in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
vbruneni, General Manager at Inn At Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay. First and foremost I would appreciate a private response so I can find out the room you were in as I am concerned about the issue with the shower. We did switch recently to a water conserving shower head and have not experienced any complaints or lack of pressure. Possibly this one is installed incorrectly!
We do serve breakfast till 9am during the room and 9:30am during the weekends, I regret that that you were unable to enjoy it. It is often the highlight of our guests stay. We also offer a shuttle 10am-6pm anywhere in Santa Fe. It just requires an advance reservation.
I hope if you ever travel back to Santa Fe you will give us an opportunity to prove to you that we never want any guests to be disappointed! I would be more than happy to personally make your reservation,

yours truly,
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great staff and customer service. The rooms are small but well laid out, clean and have everything you need. Excellent complimentary breakfast. The hotel is at the edge of town not close to the plaza, so would be better for business travelers rather then tourists wanting to stay within walking distance of thier destinations.I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor,

Thank you for your recent review! Just so you know, we do offer a shuttle for those traveling with out a vehicle. We are happy that you will be back in the future, I would be pleased to help you with your reservations!

Yours truly,
New Brighton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel at the edge of the city. I mistakenly assumed it was near the airport and read there was a shuttle. The shuttle must be booked 24 hrs in advance and only after 10 am. I gave up my rental car and had an early flight the following morning so I had to hire a cab. I was very hungry and the only restaurant within walking distance was very limited and basic fare. Also the breakfast people were raving about isn't served until 6:30 and I had to leave before that.

The bed is comfortable and room small but adequate. If you have a car and don't want the convenience of being in town this hotel is fine, but without a car, it is useless and this should be made clearer on the website for out of town visitors. There is a small outlet mall with no food after four next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay, I will work with my team about advertising the hours about the shuttle better on our website. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to the Santa Fe area.

Yours Truly,

Victoria

Been to Inn At Santa Fe? Share your experiences!