“Great Short Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Peyton, Colorado
“Great Short Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Rooms and amenities were very nice for the price. Rms. included an ample sized small fridge, a microwave, a nice HDTV, plenty of lights, and all the other standard items. It was very comfortable and quiet. Slept better there then in my own bed. I think the breakfasts were best of all; much better than other hotels I've experienced. The front desk was very helpful and replaced a faulty hair dryer quickly. It was in a nice, safe, convenient location, right at the Interstate and a main business street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Was in Santa Fe for a five week project and the company put us up here. The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful. I have been to Santa Fe before on ski trips and put my family up in the costlier hotels downtown....This hotel is everybit as good and even better! My future ski trips will be booked here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lots of people come to Sante Fe to shop for art, maybe even me if I find myself rolling in the dough some time, and this hotel showcases some beautiful work. Besides the lovely art, the staff was friendly and courteous and it was overall a terrific experience. Really close to the discount fashion outlet too! Good internet connection, even in the far wings.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Large rooms and a great breakfast selections are the best things. While the evening dining experience is pleasurable, the servers are excellent, the menu is rather limited. If you are staying for a week you'll want to venture out in the evenings.

We had a problem with our room and were promptly moved with no hassle. The pool is great, although the gym is lacking in equipement.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed in the hotel again after about 3 or 4 years and things have changed. What in the world is going on here? We're not finicky, whiney travelers, either. Its still a low priced place to stay in Santa Fe, but decied to move on from staying here. On the frivolous side, there are no more complementary drinks between 5 and 7, they're half price and there are no free crackers and chips either. Even though they promote this in their room literature about the hotel - they gotta get this stuff updated if their policies have changed. I was told they couldn't afford to do this anylonger. There is no newspaper at the hotel lobby on the weekends, I was told by the staff that they get some on Friday and they're out right away and don't replentish them over the weekend so bring money for the newspaper machines. Okay thats it for the petty stuff. On the more serious side, the cafe/ bar / breakfast room needed a thorough cleaning. There was no soap in the lobby restrooms for 2 days - why didn't the cleaning staff notice this? I brought this to the attention of the lobby staff and they did correct this. Their breakfast worker is a real grouch, he has no sense of when to get out of the way of the customers at breakfast (meticulously sorting out knives, spoons and forks in his washtub in the breakfast room while other guests and I are waiting for a fork so we can eat our breakfast - Hint: do this before you bring the utensils into the breakfast room), how to time the replentishment of food at breakfast ("potatoes will be ready in a half hour" he growled at my well mannered sister-inlaw who is celiac and couldn't eat the bread and rolls they had out) What ever happened to "anticipate the problems"? They were out out of half of the hot food in the mornings. Regarding our room. We had no screen on our window it so when we opened the windows because of the bad smell coming from the heater/air conditioner, we could let the birds in. And yes, the air conditioned and the fan setting smelled remarkably badly of mold. I was sick in the room with either a virus or food poisoning during our stay and couldn't turn on the fan/air conditioner because of the smell. Our relatives staying in another room accidently turned on the heater and said it blew out a burnt hair smell. Not good. Oh, and it was 105 that weekend. So when we checked out I mentioned these things to the desk staffer and got no reply. No "Really?" nor an "Oh no!" nor a "We'll get this fixed" no "What can I do to make this right?" Just a stone face and an air of utter boredom bordering on rude. She made me feel like I was bothering her. Oh and a couple more things: they have bedspreads on the bed, which after watching "Hotel Impossible" gives me the creeps - get rid of those bedspreads! Don't you know that we don't know if they're clean so they're a turn off and are severly out-of-date? How do we know when they've been last washed? Yuck. The vending machines were warm (melted candy bars) and the laundery room had someone's underwear strewn about it untouched for 2 days. We found a pill in the middle of our room floor (not in the corner) when we first got to the room. I don't know what it was and tossed it out. Good thing we didn't have a kid or pets in case they picked it up and ingested it. Makes me wonder what other cooties we didn't see during our stay. They're cutting corners here, it looks pretty as you walk in and the artwork is really nice but they need to work on the things that are really important espceially this mold thing. So long Inn at Santa Fe. It used to be spanking clean and now its slipping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a screen, no pills on the floor, a fan/heater/air conditioner that doesn'...