“A Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Modesto
“A Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I give this property my highest recommendation as an economical and practical place to stay.
I stayed 4 nights in room 210. The room rate was only $65 (AARP) single Monday thru Thursday. This is one of the best values I have seen for what I received. The room was in immaculate condition, including a refrigerator, a microwave, and a safe. The refrigerator actually worked like it is supposed to.
I slept well on a comfortable bed. The room was clean, with a nice view of the surrounding countryside. The hotel was quiet. I was never awakened by slamming doors--they close quietly by themselves if you let them drift.
I used the laundry room--$1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry, cheaper than most laundromats. For a hotel, the laundry room was large and had 3 vending machines and ice maker. Room 210 was down the hall from the laundry room, a perfect location.
A full breakfast was served each morning. It was good for a restaurant and excellent compared to most free hotel breakfasts. I had eggs, bacon (or sausage), potatoes, hot cereal, juice, milk, bread and a most delicious cupcake made using a recipe a cook in the hotel invented.
In the evening, a light dinner is available in the hotel. I had the frito pie.
The hotel also has a swimming pool and hot tub on the south side of the building.
The location was great for my needs because I used it as a base for day trips to Taos, Ghost Ranch, Las Vegas NM, and Santa Fe. It is near the freeway and connectors to various points of interest.
The drive to downtown is only 15 minutes--take I-25 two exits east for quicker and more scenic access. I found free parking only three blocks from the Loretto Church. There is plenty of free parking if you are willing to walk.
I should have mentioned earlier that I found the front desk folks to be very pleasant, professional and helpful. I did not book in advance--I just walked in and took my chances!

Room Tip: Room 210 is excellent for 2 people; a different room or 2 rooms will be necessary for more than 2 tr...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

The hotel is the first one on Cerrillos Road and is quite far removed from anything but an outlet mall. Having said that, we didn't find it a negative. Sante Fe is very easy to get around in and suprisingly small. Drive downtown, park in one of the municipal lots for $10 a day and you can walk to all the main attractions in a very short period of time.

The hotel is very clean and modern. The rooms are quite small but well appointed with flat screen HDTV, fridge, micro, coffee maker, desk and very good wi-fi in each room. The beds are quite comfortable and the room quite quiet.

Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a managers reception each evening with a free drink and appys. They also have a little cafe menu that is available from 5pm-8pm nightly that has quite good food if you don't want to drive anywhere after a day of sightseeing.

The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had at a "free breakfast included" hotel.

The hotel is pet friendly but there is no real good area to "walk" them, just the parking lot of the outlet mall next door that has a few small grassy areas.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I really wasn't expecting it to be this nice, it being so close to the freeway.
The rooms are very clean and updated, the staff was very accommodating (they even mailed me my robe that I had left behind and packed us lunches; our schedules did not allow us to be at the hotel for dinner), and the freeway noise was not an issue.

All in all a great price for a nice hotel. And if you're in the mood for shopping, the outlet mall is right next door.

PS. Beware of the slippery shower floor. I was informed that they took care of it by placing some stickies on the floor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Platte City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My mother and I were in Santa Fe for a much needed mini vacation. Lobby was very welcoming, as were the front desk staff. They were fun to talk to, and very helpful in getting us maps and info on how to get to the Plaza, plus other sites we wanted to see, and the best routes to take to get around road construction.The room was very nice and cozy, everything that we needed. The laundry room was a nice place to go to make phone calls, so my mother could make hers. The manager's reception was very nice, good to have different appetizers each day, dinners were very good also. We were impressed with the wide selection of breakfast items, nice to have different items each day. Great experience, great staff!!!! Most definitely will stay again on our next trip to Santa Fe. Make sure you get the muffin recipe!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

we had a great time staying there last year. What lovely people ...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My daughter and I had a wonderful 5 nights here - the lobby is warm and welcoming, and the El Cafe served a much-needed relaxing dinner with free appetizers, and a free drink for each of us! On the second floor, I set up my computer in the laundry room, so as not to disturb my daughter, and there is a carpeted reading area overlooking the lobby with a bookcase. We will definitely return - we could not have experienced a more pleasing vacation!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights,room was clean,comfortable and small. The breakfast was ok,however they had a group there on a motor coach,the breakfast room was to small,they needed to set up a room for just that group. The staff worked hard to keep up but to many people at one time.That seemed to be the situation with the restaurant,we enjoyed the evening drink and then decided to stay for a light dinner. It took over 45 minutes because of the large number of people and not enough help. The staff is all friendly and helpful. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends