“Great value, a home away from home.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Santa Fe Suites

You added The Santa Fe Suites to your Saves list
The Santa Fe Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Formerly Camel Rock Suites)   |
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Fenton, Michigan, United States
“Great value, a home away from home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My second time staying, even thought I knew from my previous stay that the hotel was a little on the shabby side . But I chose to stay again for the location, price, nearby grocery store, really friendly staff, and cleanliness. I travel very light, so I like that there is a clean laundry room, & it seems all the washers/dryers work. Parking is practically out your apartment door. The area feels safe. Updates to bedding would be great. I plan on staying at the Suites again on future visits to Santa Fe.

Room Tip: If you check into your suite and need something, hair dryer, pans, coffee maker -- just ask. They w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is a well-located, attractive, budget hotel perfect for our week at the Santa Fe Opera. Close to I-25, it has excellent access to the opera, shopping, casinos and sightseeing. A car is an absolute must, but a supermarket, Sandwich Shop, pharmacy, nail salon and Papa Murphy's is a 5 minute stroll from the suites. Old Town is about 15 minutes away, so it's the best of both worlds. Housekeeping was efficient and gracious (it helps to have a little Spanish), but sometimes it took until 4pm to have my room done.

The staff is excellent, the bed a bit soft, but comfortable, and the little kitchenette with fridge, microwave and dishwasher was great. I had dish washer powder and a sparse collection of silverware, while my family's unit had more dishes and glasses, but no dish washer soap. Anything you need can be picked up at the nearby Albertson's or asked for at the front desk where everyone was very accommodating.

Breakfast was from 5:30 to 9:30 and had variety of juices, Danish, breads, English muffins, cereals, and coffee. The only real negative was that unit doors don't have a chain or a bolt for added security, so bring your own old fashioned door stopper for especially if traveling alone. For the price, I'd say that the Santa Fe Suites gets 5 Stars as a budget hotel and is a great place to stay if you have access to a car. I'll definitely return for my next Opera Week!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Everything is old, musky, carpets are gross, it looks like cigarettes were put out on it and it's been around for a very, very long time.

The rooms look like small apartment, quite cute from the outside, if one ignores all the cigarette butts everywhere.

Cigarette smell everywhere, not just in front of room.

Kitchen: One knife, one fork, one

Bathroom: Small, yet adequate. Shower was only luke warm for 10 minutes, and the water pressure wasn't great. Drain looks gross.

Front desk: Asked whether all the beds were the same (old futon on an old box spring), he said, yea, kinda." I then asked whether the sheets never fit (ours were way too small for the bed, he said "Well, I'm at the front desk, I don't know." So, I asked if he'd tell housekeeping, and he just said they were gone.
We needed to get soap and detergent since the housekeeping forgot... he did give us those items, along with a blanket we asked for (old, thin sheet and "blanket" on the "bed"). The reason for us not returning: Mostly his conduct.
Sleeping in the bed was no fun, considering it's a very old futon with not much for covers, and I'm glad we "only" paid $67.

Town is 10 minutes away, the lake around 20, driving. Plenty of restaurants, including a gluten-free bakery/sandwich shop. With a car, the location is fine.

VERY LOUD. Hearing neighbors talking, cars moving... constant. 7am: I'm not sure if it was the trash truck.. I just know that it woke everybody and kept everybody in the complex awake. Other than that, the noises in the room are crazy-loud. The fridge, the air conditioner, the fan in the bathroom... and other noises we couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

Allergies are high after the night here; breathing is difficult with the smoke all over the property, and the unwashed bed stuff combined with the old carpet didn't help either.

The TV was placed in a way that one could only watch when setting up a wooden chair a few feet from it. No way to watch from the "bed" or the "couch (which we kept away from)."

is this a joke... the webpage for this hotel says: "Stay at the Best Among Hotels in Santa Fe, NM" ????????????? They also speak of "generous amenities..." They are referring to wifi, laundry, full kitchen and continental breakfast included.

We didn't use the laundry facilities, we did notice that they had several washers and dryers available, though.

Room Tip: room 228 is upstairs, at the same level and next to 3 rooms; one of them is a smoking room. It smell...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have stayed here twice while visiting family and just needing something basic and inexpensive. The pros are that it was clean, it has a small kitchenette, and the staff are friendly and helpful. However, the mattress and bedding are definitely substandard. The sheets are thin and the two small pillows were not adequate or comfortable. The bottom sheet was not fitted, and continually came loose from the mattress. The mattress was lumpy. Two other suggestions..please add a hook tho the bathroom door, and add a blow dryer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dunkirk, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were a late arrival, so I guess the "good" rooms were all gone. The first room had filthy pet-stained carpets and smelled like smoke so bad that we immediately asked to be moved. We knew we couldn't sleep there. Smelled like someone had been smoking in there 10 minutes ago. We had SPECIFICALLY requested NON-SMOKING ACCOMMODATIONS! The second room was a bit better; it had cigarette burns in the carpet and smelled slightly of smoke, but we stayed there one night because they had no more rooms. We saw the manager in the morning and demanded to be moved. He was very accommodating and gave us another room. The third room had some electrical issues that were being repaired so we could not get in until later in the day, but that was okay as were were gone the entire day anyway. We just left our bags in the car and moved them in that evening. The rest of our stay was uneventful. The decor of the rooms was dated and in the 2nd room the coffee pot was broken and there was no hairdryer, but they gave me one at the front desk.. The continental breakfast was adequate, but not good--mostly starchy foods, little fruit, and no hot food unless you count instant oatmeal as hot food. It was okay, but I wouldn't stay there again. We had booked through Priceline.com so the price was non-refundable unless we went through them, which we would have done if the manager had not been able to offer us an adequate room.

Room Tip: This looked like a charming and quaint hotel from the internet pictures, but it was really rather da...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My night at Santa Fe Suites was spent tossing and turning in sheets and an undercover that were one size too small for the Queen size bed. The couch was worn out and broken in, and the blankest looked like they had been in someone's grandparent's house for 20 years. Don't bother coming here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

To begin with the reception person was not at all accommodating. One bedroom did not have enough towels for three people and a noisy a/c. The second room one of the beds had a torn box spring. When we mentioned this to the front desk. He just simply ignore the comment and made no effort to move us. We had to constantly call the front desk for towels. Would not recommend for anyone to stay here. Like another reviewer mentioned, we got this room through Priceline and not able to cancel. Won't ever do that again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Santa Fe Suites? Share your experiences!