“Embarrassed to say the least!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Santa Fe Suites

You added The Santa Fe Suites to your Saves list
The Santa Fe Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Formerly Camel Rock Suites)   |
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
“Embarrassed to say the least!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked this trip several weeks in advance. I was embarrassed to say I was from Santa Fe after the horrible customer service The Santa Fe Suites provided. Beds seemed like they were incredibly OLD, there was dog poop on the dresser and if I would of heard "Check in is at 3 pm" one more time from the woman at the front desk I would of snapped! We luckily got checked in at 1:30 pm but when I called down to get towels and heard "Check in isn't until 3pm". So ? I can't get towels until 3pm? What a joke! NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS!!!! Thank God for the manager who was kind enough to bring me towels. Again, I was ashamed of how bad they treated us (and I was born and raised there!). I just hope other people that have stayed there do not think that is how ALL of Santa Fe people behave. I love my hometown but this place is completely crossed off my list of places to stay in Santa Fe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Flagler Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is the first time we've stayed here, and we won't be back. The room was disgusting. The carpet was filthy and wet in spots when we checked in. It reeked of urine, so we assumed that a guest had a pet that had left its "mark." The bed was uncomfortable. The floors had tiles that were extremely slippery. The entire room is badly in need of renovation. As for the grounds... There was trash in various places that was not picked up during our stay. The lawn was dotted with dog feces (and shame on the guests who did not clean up after their pets). There were shady-looking people hanging out around the dumpsters. Do NOT stay here if you want a comfortable, clean motel room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I think the place is better than a motel with same price. Quite. Walking distance to a shopping plaza. The room I stayed has a kitchenette even with some utensils. The TV set is pretty old. The bed sheets are very much worn out and should be replaced. But overall is a good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Moriarty, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Well, we checked in late on Thursday afternoon. The hotel was fully booked. Our room had no refrigerator, coffee maker or pots and pans. We brought a wedding cake that had to be refrigerated. After scrambling to solve that one, we got a very disinterested front desk clerk who offered us another room on the second floor and we were travelling with our dogs so that would never work. The very first thing the next morning, the manager came to the room, very apologetic, offering to fix all the problems (fridge, coffee maker, and pots and pans were brought) and drop the room rate in half for our inconvenience the night before. These days its hard to get good employees, but there is nothing better than a good manager!!!! (Shout out!)I will continue to stay at Santa Fe Suites in future Santa Fe visits.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The place looks pretty decent on the outside, but the "suites" are in need of renovations and cleaning. Once I had thoroughly disinfected the doorknobs, surfaces, phone, tile floors, remote, toilet, etc. and resolved to wear socks on the dirty floor, this place was somewhat acceptable.

The place needed to be dusted. The fridge was exceedingly loud and would make startling noises all day and all night. The shower sprayed everywhere and was really crappy. I was not interested in having "breakfast" there.

Other than that, I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

It was a good place for the price. The breakfast was generous. However, the microwave did not function properly It was a bit far to the Plaza. I thought the description said five blocks. Probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here several years ago for three months... it was ok.. not wonderful but ok. I just went there for 5 days and BOY what a difference... the place has really gone downhill.... the rooms were old.. peeling paint in the bathrooms and the worst housekeeping service around town. I had asked for two queen beds and a downstairs room... arrived at 2130 and was told no downstairs rooms and one queen bed and pull out sofa. I had just confirmed two hours earlier that what I had asked for was available. during the stay there was no coffee maker(bought one) one towel for two people (had to ask daily for towels) the toilet stopped up at eight at night and I had to go get the plunger and declog it my self. the wifi never worked the whole time... I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this place... don't go here

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Santa Fe Suites? Share your experiences!