“Don't expect much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Santa Fe Suites

Save Saved
You added The Santa Fe Suites to your Saves list
The Santa Fe Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Formerly Camel Rock Suites)   |
Ranked #43 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Santa Fe
“Don't expect much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived at 1pm to reserve a room...my husband daughter and I... We were greeted by a young woman who seemed annoyed that we would bother her to stay at the hotel, My husband asked why stay...I was tired! It would do. The rooms were not ready yet come back at 3. No problem plenty to do in this otherwise inviting town. Came back at 5pm and was greeted by an EVEN MORE SOUR young man...again I was asked why stay...this time I had no answer other than I had already given them my credit card. Saw the room. In a pinch it will do... I am sure there is better and I am going to find it for our next night!!!

Room Tip: Keep looking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Edmonton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Which is an oxymoron - and this place is. Checked in for eight days but the luggage cart was locked up tight for the weekend. The so called kitchen was short knives and forks, a toaster and a knife for cutting bread. Three light bulbs were burnt out but housekeeping had gone home and the next day saw no toaster and no light bulbs. Oh yes and the wake up call woke us up at 4:50 am becuase the previous guest have not deprgoramed their wake up call so it just keeps ringing each day unless you cancelled the previous wake up call. Any stay here is a gamble but the odds of you getting anything in the way of customer service or basic amenities would be better in Las Vegas. Oh, the rooms are pathedically small. My recommendation. Go elsewhere,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have to agree with a previous reviewer that the sheets were dirty and they didn't fit the bed. The toilet rocked and was hidden behind the bathroom door. The bathroom had lots of unprepared water damage. The worst thing though was the air conditioner placed at the side of the bed. We either froze when it was on or burned up when we turned it off. Don't waste your money staying here. There were many more things wrong with the place, but it would take too long to mention them all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have returned twice to Santa Fe Suites. Conveniently located near I-25 and St. Francis, about 10 minutes from downtown plaza, another five minutes to Santa Fe Opera, and yet it is quiet. Comfortable bed, well equipped kitchenette, shower and tub, large room. No pool and the continental breakfast served is very basic, but then you have a kitchen. Friendly staff. Very reasonable if you want a little more than just a motel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a great place for the money. Granted you are not staying at the Ritz Carlton, but it is an excellent value. We had a slight problem with the air conditioner and while the maintenance staff was unavailable the manager Dustin promptly came and fixed the problem. They were also very accommodating in letting us into our room early as we were traveling with our dogs as well as letting us expend our stay. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The beds at this Inn were torn at the seams, the lining at the bottom of the beds were also torn and touching the ground. On top of that the middle of the beds were broken down. The sheets were yellow and dirty. The toilet seats were chipped. The breakfast room was gross.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel has everything you need and more. And let's face it, you aren't coming here to stay in your hotel all day, are you? No. So you need a clean place to sleep and shower and perhaps make yourself some coffee or a little bite to eat. There is a kitchenette - fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, micro & dishwasher. It's in a quiet place, located behind a strip mall. There is a grocery store, pharmacy and numerous convenient retail establishments in said strip mall should you need coffee/food/razors/whatever.
There are laundry facilities on the premises.
Free parking.
Free WIFI.
Complimentary continental breakfast.
I think I paid $60 per night when I was there. It was exactly what I needed!
That being said, it is NOT fancy or upscale. It's in a great location - just 3 miles from the plaza.
I slept great, and spent very little time in my room as I was OUT enjoying the sights! Also, be prepared to have quarters to pay for parking in town...OR be clever like me and head to my bank, which has a large parking lot, get some change or do some sort of transaction and ask them if I can park there for the day while wandering. They will say yes! (You're welcome.)

If you want more upscale, then definitely choose one of the hotels in the plaza - I've stayed there and they are lovely! This trip, I wanted to put my money in to fine dining, the opera ans shopping. I win.

hope this review helps!

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center. There are laundry facilities on site! Free parking!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Santa Fe Suites? Share your experiences!