“Santa Fe Suites / a great value!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Santa Fe Suites

You added The Santa Fe Suites to your Saves list
The Santa Fe Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 S St Francis Dr, Santa Fe, NM 87505 (Formerly Camel Rock Suites)   |
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Austin, Texas
“Santa Fe Suites / a great value!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I are artist educators from Austin, TX. For several summers I have offered week long printmaking workshops through Making Art Safely, Santa Fe, NM. My wife and I have stayed at the Santa Fe Suites on a number of occasions while conducting these workshops.
This Christmas holiday, we stayed for three nights with my mother and daughter joining us. We rented an adjacent two rooms on the South side of the complex at the ground floor level. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were priced at an economical rate. We appreciate the courteous staff and the complimentary breakfast. I also enjoy the location of the complex being out of the traffic noise of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to santa fe the 1st mind you we stayed in one of the luxury hotels in the downtown area, and even then the sofa's were itchy. So this go around we opted for budget travel.
We got to santa fe real late in the evening and the staff was still helpful and friendly. The room was more spacious then we thought considering we were budget traveling, and the kitchenette was a great addition.
The room was clean but it lack the amount of towels we would need during our stay. my life mate simple stepped out and found room service and lucky for us my life mate is Spanish speaking and got all the towels that we needed.
The only issue I would say is the bed is hard as a rock and they only gave one pillow to each person, but hey it budget travel at it best I have seen worse trust me.
The only other issue I saw was that it is not close to downtown and all the hotspots, that did not so much bother us since we are ok taking our car around to see the sights and sounds of the city.
I have to say that it is well kept, non noisy and is close to a residential neighborhood of what looked to be well kept but older homes. I do not remember lots of fast food places near by even though I do remember that a Walgreen is close and a taco/burrito place is near by.
Now coming from San Antonio Texas the gps kind of lead us off when we were 1st looking for it but it quickly rerouted us and we had not issue.
The hotel did offer a continental breakfast but we are not hotel food eaters we want to eat where the locals eat. Can we say Jambo's cafe Jamaican food any one umm uumm good. With that said it's your simple continental breakfast fair. can we say bagel with cream cheese and milk and maybe a fake egg.
So to the budget minded traveler who does not want to sleep with the bugs try this place out, and bringing a extra pillow or two from home you should be just fine.

Room Tip: make sure you bring an extra pillow their seemed to only be one per person. make sure to bring a e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff and service was great at this hotel. However, the rooms were dirty, especially the floors. We were above a couple whose large dog barked all evening. Our room had one large towel we had to share, very thin pillows, and the TV channels that we coild see all had a blue tint.
The breakfast was not great, the room had one small table we shared with another couple. The floor was filthy.
We would not stay again unless we were in a pinch. At $75 a night you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Unlike most lodging facilities in Santa Fe which are either located on Cerillos Road or near the Plaza in downtown Santa Fe this motel is situated a few miles south of downtown in the back of a strip mall. The room was large with a small kitchenette. Even though it is not far from several retail stores I didn't find it to be noisy. The price is also quite a bit lower than what one would pay for a room near the Plaza.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Woodbury, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The room was the dirtiest I ever recall staying in. The carpet was so dirty I hated to walk on it with bare feet. The bedspread had holes in it (presumably from smoking, though the room was non-smoking now). The furniture had worn holes in it. The breakfast was spartan.
The location was acceptable, and the size and design of the room was okay. It was the condition and cleanliness.
I told the desk staff of my above observations, and they agreed it was pretty bad. They noted that some of the buildings (each building has roughly a dozen suites, and there are probably eight or ten buildings) had been renovated, so maybe there are better rooms than the one we had. I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has been renovated in the last year or so.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sycamore, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The motel is located at the edge of a shopping center. The room, including a small kitchenette is small. The walls and ceiling are thin. Consequently, you could hear your neighbors both left and right and above you.

Room Tip: This motel isnot for someone who likes to have a good night's sleep. The room was noisy and the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

As others have pointed out, these are really mini-suites, or studios. I wasn't surprised, however, because that's pretty standard terminology for this type of facility. With two double beds, it was fine for a family with two small children. The service was great, and the continental breakfast was a nice touch-and rather unusual for such facilities with kitchenettes. The service was great--efficient and friendly. My only negative is that the pillows were terrible. I travel a lot, and these were as bad as any I have tried. This may sound petty,but they were essentially solid foam pads that actually made it hard to sleep. Without this problem, I would have given Santa Fe Suites a 4.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Santa Fe Suites? Share your experiences!