“Family friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Portland
“Family friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love Hampton for their predictable breakfasts. With two boys, ages 12 and 15, breakfast is very important. We found this inn easy to find at night, room clean and updated. Beds were large and comfortable. Pool was clean and smelled fresh. Laundry area was easy to access. Loads were $1.50 each.

Only two minor concerns: the halls were long with the elevator at one far end. The main 2nd floor hallway, near the Supply Room, smelled very mildewy. Our hallway, nearer the 250s, did not but we had to pass through the smelly hallway to get to our room.

Room Tip: I'd prefer a 2nd floor over 1st, always.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hampton_Inn_SF-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear CC3Nassau,
Thank you for leaving your feedback on your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your bringing this issue to my attention and allowing me to follow up with this. We have some really nice updates coming up and will make your next visit is much better. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us another chance next time you are in Santa Fe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hurley, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our first time to visit Santa Fe and I hate to say I was disappointed with this Hampton Inn. It is an older hotel and has not been kept up. When we arrived, there was a chunk of stucco fallen off from the building in the parking lot, which was still there when we departed. The rooms and hallways smelled stale and air freshener had been heavily sprayed in an effort to cover this up, but it did not. The rooms were poorly lit and it was hard to see. Our room was close to an entrance/exit door which banged loudly late into the night and early the next morning. The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired. Every one of the coffee creamers was curdled. This is not my usual experience with Hampton Inns and it saddens me to think that they are not upholding their usual standards. I hope improvements are made to get back on track here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton_Inn_SF-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Alison454,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Fe. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The feedback you've mentioned gives us an opportunity to focus on improvements to better serve our guest and keeping in mind our goal of 100% Satisfaction. We hope to see you again in the future if you find yourself in our city.
Spartanburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

As usual, the cookies, greeting, room, amenities, breakfast, parking and overall staff were tremendous! we got a wonderful dinner recommendation, had good service as we did laundry and were overall treated well. I would highly recommend this particular inn as well as the brand as a whole.

Dear Wanda C,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will be happy to welcome you back again!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wonderful hotel, great location and amazing staff! The hotel had a wonderful breakfast bar and Lupita our attendant was fabulous. Our room maid, Monica was fabulous. The Manager was also wonderful. Enjoyed chatting with her. Great hotel and atmosphere. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn in Santa Fe on Cerrillos Road

Dear Mabel 1114

Your review is music to our ears…We are so happy to hear about your great stay here with us! Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad to know you appreciated our breakfast and hospitality. We hope to see you again.
Austin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have stayed here once a year for the last 4 years and noticed a definite turn for the worse this year. Our first room had damp carpets and a nonworking AC. The manager tried to call in a maintenance man but he lived in Albuquerque and wouldn't arrive until after our bedtime. The manager moved us to a second room with dry carpets and a working AC but it smelled of cigarettes. I asked the manager for air freshener but all she could provide was a few drops of watered down odor eliminator in a nonworking spray bottle. The fitness room is small, dark and the TV's don't work. The pool and hot tub are murky.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_Inn_SF-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Michael P,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your stay with us. I apologize if your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. We are constantly monitoring our product and service in an effort to give our guests the best stay possible. If there is anything I can do to help resolve any issues you may have had, please reach out to me. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Santa Fe.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I inadvertently booked Double Tree in Albuquerque vs. Sante Fe & upon attempting to correct this found Double Tree in Sante Fe to be booked. I went to this Hampton instead & had a bad experience. The room was far from the desk & required entrance through a back hallway from the parking lot. Upon opening the door, I was hit with hot, stale & horrible cigarette odored air. It took 45 minutes for the AC to get the air moving and it still smelled horrible. I opened the refrigerator & it fell out of the framed cabinet onto the floor. I was told upon check out that the hotel is 100% smoke free. This hotel must have been previously owned by a dive & renovated to become a Hampton because this was old odor that won't go away. (Also, the window view was into a trailor park that felt sketchy to me. As a female business traveler I did not feel comfortable or safe at this location.)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hampton_Inn_SF-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear CSutchy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our most sincere apologies that your stay did not exceed your expectations and if your room experience was not all we had hoped it would be. We truly regret that you were inconvenienced in any way. We encourage everyone who stays with us to let us know how we can make each visit the best it possibly can be and we will be certain to share your comments with everyone here. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you again and provide you with the type of experience you truly deserve as our valued guest.
Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Good, Clean,Quiet Motel with helpful staff. They took care of all problems and were very nice.I liked it a lot. If I go to Santa Fe I will stay there again. and again and again. I will go downtown and come back to a good hotel. 200 characters is too long to talk about a hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Steve O,

Thank you for taking time in giving us your positive review. We always strive to give our best service and make the stay hassle free and comfortable. I will be very happy to share your comments with my team, which will motivate them to do even better. We expect you to come and enjoy our hospitality again.

Been to Hampton Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!