“Hampton Inn of Santa Fe on Cerrillos Road” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3625 Cerrillos Road, Santa Fe, NM 87505   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Jewell,Iowa,Usa
“Hampton Inn of Santa Fe on Cerrillos Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Some cosmetic changes would be in order, but my wife and I thought it was clean. The host at the registration counter were helpful, courteous, and sharing about Santa Fe. The grounds were well kept. The breakfast area was maintained and for three of the four mornings well tended and good. For the difference in cost per night versus in the heart of the city, we felt it was a good bargain.

Room Tip: We would recommend ground floor away from the registration desk, pool, and ice maching.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We appreciate your wonderful review. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience while staying in Santa Fe. The Hampton Inn Santa Fe prides itself in wonderful customer experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had missplaced my video camera and was not sure where I had left it. This happened in May 27,2012 and I tried several places where we had stayed and the next 4 months, no one had seen the video camera or had not been turned in. On Sept. 2nd, 2012 as we were coming back from Chama, NM I decided to stop by the Hampton Inn. General Manager, Marcos Perez was not in and was told by Erick, fron desk clerk that I could call the following morning when Mr. perez would be there. Next morning when I called and described the camera and accessories, to my amazement I was told they had it. There was not a happier person that day than me to find out that honesty still exists in some persons in this untrusting world. Mr. Perez should be commended on this, alot of places these days don't have employees who would turn in a camera that had all the accessories when they could just as well kept it for themselves.

Room Tip: If you are ever in the Santa Fe area, let Mr. Perez know that his honesty was really, really aprecia...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We are glad we were able to help. Our Hamptonality is based in honesty, we pride ourselves in our customer service and honesty to our guests. We hope to see you soon in a near future.
El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel staff was attentive and helpful throughout our stay. The room was clean and comfortable. This is not our first stay at a Hampton Inn and will be returning as we like the amenities for the price.

Room Tip: Our first floor unit was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate your compliments about our staff; we pride ourselves in attentive customer service. Our Hampton Inn does offer many great amenities at a spectacular price. We are looking forward to seeing you soon! Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. No problem with the room, typical Hampton Inn. This property is pet friendly with an excellent fenced area for dogs to run and do their thing. Current and previous guests have done a very good job of keeping the dog run area clean. My only complaint was that breakfast stock wasn't maintained. The first morning I had to return 3 times within 25 minutes before the scrambled eggs had been replenished. The chafing dish was near empty the next morning, too. How do scrambled eggs become crumbs?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review and the compliments to our staff. We pride ourselves in friendliness. The Hampton Inn welcomes our guest’s best friends; we love our guest’s pets. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and are taking the right measures to find a permanent solution to this problem. Thank you very much for staying with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I like staying at the Hampton Inn and I stayed at three of them during this trip. Unfortunately, this one was disappointing. It was old and worn around the edges. The carpet had many stains on it so I dared not take off my shoes, which I would normally do to be comfortable. The most disappointing part was that the doors (rooms and exit) were built in a way that they would slam if you didn't hold them while closing them. This was very irritating because the guests started doing this at 4 a.m., which woke me up when I was dead tired from traveling through many states. I can't imagine why they would design doors like this or not correct the problem. I never experienced this at any of their other properties or any other non-Hilton hotel. For this reason, I would never stay there again because I can't imagine they would fix all their doors. Also, the cleaning people left a dirty towel on the exit door for some reason. It just didn't look professional (don't know what was going on with that). The staff was nice and accommodating although I was put off at first when the front desk person gave me the wrong directions. She did make up for that. The breakfast was standard for a Hampton, but I passed on the oatmeal this time since it was dried up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from doors slamming in your hallway. Your comments have encouraged us to look into a solution to the problem and we will hopefully be able to correct it. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
cuero, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although the hotel is an older property the rooms were clean and comfortable. In the hall way there was evidence of a couple of leaks that were repaired and the wall paper was damaged.
We stayed there twice and both of our rooms were clean, the carpets were good the bathroom was redone and of course the Hampton promise of a clean duvet for every stay is why I choose Hampton. The other linens were also in good shape. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Cerrillos Road is a very convenient location for all that Santa Fe has to offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review. We did have some leaks do to recent storms but we have taken care of it. Cleanliness is one of our main goals and we take our jobs to deliver clean rooms to every guest very serious. We love to deliver the best customer service available. Our Hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants and shopping malls. Thank you for choosing us as your choice of lodging.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The hotel is situated on the south side of the city on Cerrillos Road which is very busy with many other hotels, businesses, restaurants and a shopping mall. Consequently there can be a lot of traffic in the area. The hotel sits sideways on a narrow lot and can be hard to spot as you drive down Cerrillos Road. Parking is also very tight due to the lot size.

The hotel is a bit dated compared with other Hampton Inn locations but the staff was friendly and courteous. Rooms were typical of this chain and were clean. Price was comparable with other mid-priced chain hotels in the area.

Overall quality was average but I would stay at a different hotel if visiting the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MarcosPerez_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our friendly staff; we really pride ourselves in friendly service. Updates are coming soon to improve even further the breakfast area and fitness center. Also, we are currently working on solutions to visibility. The Hampton Inn appreciates your time and hopefully you can come back to experience our renovations. Thank you!

Been to Hampton Inn Santa Fe? Share your experiences!