“Only one word to describe this stay...” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
florida
“Only one word to describe this stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Definition of INCREDIBLE: too extraordinary and improbable to be believed.

And this is exactly how we felt both with our stay at the Inn and Spa at Loretto and the Aspen leaves and trees we found in the Santa Fe highlands. It was our second trip in the fall to this magnificent city and we again stayed at the Inn and Spa at Loretto (formerly the Hotel Loretto). The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating!

Last year we went to Santa Fe for the hot air balloon festival and this year for the foliage. To be honest, both were equally amazing in very different ways. We were told that this year was the best in many and that it was as good as it gets. I would have to agree, we have photos of the golden glow forests that are almost supernatural. These photographs will have a place in our home for many generations to come. Absolutely beautiful!!

There are a few surprises that come with a city being situated at almost 7,500 feet above sea level but none like the feeling of sleeping in the clouds. Or on a cloud for that matter! And that is what we felt like every morning and every evening when we got into the most heavenly bed you can imagine. No kidding, the pillows are so soft yet supportive there is only one word to describe them. Without doubt one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on, ever.

Chile peppers are so ingrained in this city that you cannot really go to any restaurant and not find them on the menu or made into the dishes themselves. Thank god for that because it is a special experience and one not to be missed. Neither is the Huevos Rancheros at the hotel restaurant, Luminaria. We ate at this restaurant breakfast lunch and dinner and loved every meal. Carlos remembered us from last year and he and his helpers served us in grand style. Everything we asked for was delivered with a smile and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend this restaurant. We are thinking of getting married here and having our reception on the outside terrace because it is dreamy beautiful at night with all the candle lanterns lit up. It is also happens to be directly next to the Chapel Loretto and part of the hotel. Does it get any better? Well maybe, but not much.

I realize I am dribbling on and must wrap this up but it would not be complete with mentioning Rose and her adorable shop Faircloth Ltd. Last year my Finance found this shop in the hotel where she found THE most incredible collection of antique fabrics, linens and furniture. This year she was still there and the shop looked just as amazing as we remembered. The really cool part is that all of these items are made by hand! Not only is the shop eye candy but the proprietor is the sweetest thing you ever met. Again, only one word to sum this shop up.

We cannot wait to get back to Santa Fe and the Hotel Loretto. And yes, there is only one word that comes to mind as we settle back in to our seemingly normal lives and think about out last trip to Santa Fe. Incredible!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

This hotel was recommended by a friend who had been here many years ago. Things must have changed. We were very disappointed. The rooms seemed dated and a bit shabby. As I am writing we have been waiting 20 min. for a bellman. We had to walk outside one through a concrete patio on the 4th fllor to reach the hallway to our room. The location is great. Very close to the plaza. The best part of our experience was the lovely concierge

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

The Inn and Spa at Loretto provided a wonderful experience during our recent vacation. The hotel was beautiful, the restaurant was terrific, the front desk personnel were extremely helpful, and the concierge was incredible with making our dinner reservations and providing directions. The hotel is also located in a beautiful part of the country and I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My New Mexico vacation would not be complete without a stay, a spa visit and, most importantly, a MEAL at the Inn and Spa at Loretto! Loretto has many shops, right there in the hotel, with amazing clothing and jewelry, the Loretto Chapel is attached, so you can see it, and buy goodies from the Chapel gift shop, and the Luminaria restaurant has the BEST food! OMG, the queso flameado, sage bakehouse baguettes, roasted peppers for appetizers and then the main course of skillet roasted pollo real chicken, truffle mashed potatoes and asparagus, with roasted baby root vegetables, organic mushrooms and aged sherry herb jus (I just pasted from the menu, because I wanted to get it right, lol) are amazing! That was the first meal for my sister and me on our NM 'sister's getaway' and after that, the bar was set REALLY high! No other meal compared for the rest of the vacation!
The staff at the Inn was wonderful, as they always are, and I will be going back again later in the year. The room was nice and quiet, and the Inn is so centrally-located that you can just walk in any direction and find great shopping. They'll give you a map at the front desk. You can get in your robe, and go through a back elevator to and from the spa for some pampering. I recommend taking one day to 'spa' and then just go back to the room for room service! it's great! I saw one person had made negative comments about the resort fees. That's very common. Just look online and make sure you know what you'll be paying, and you won't be disappointed. I THINK the person who wrote that was possibly just not familiar with the fact that really nice places have that. It's part of the package. But you'll be treated well and, especially if you're a single woman as I am, you'll feel safe, and taken care of. Have fun!

• Stayed October 2010
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

A wonderful place to stay. I loved the room, very spacious, beautiful view, and a very comfortable bed. The location is perfect for shopping, and relaxing at their superb spa. The food is fantastic in the restaurant, lounge and room service. I got nothing but exceptional service at this hotel. From valet, to check in with the front desk, and the Luminaria restaurant and lobby bar. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

As an avid traveller ,i have stayed in some of the best and worst hotels in the world.
This is my second visit to The Inn and spa at Loretto in Santa Fe and it was just great.
I arrived for a conference and the warmth and charm of the staff and surroundings made me feel more than at home.
We were upgraded by the front desk to a corner room with a large balcony and fireplace that had spectacular views and creature comforts.
Although,I was traveling with my son,I would recommend this place as a romantic getaway .I was here once before with my wife and she was crazy about this hotel.
The hotel restaurant has excellent food and the lobby bar has a great happy hour with great drinks ,food and great commaraderie.
You will never want to leave.
Santa Fe is a great town to walk and explore if you love Art,great restaurants and the fresh outdoor life of New Mexico.
I cannot wait to return to this hotel.
This hotel blows the Four Seasons out of the water for a fraction of the cost.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tacoma,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I've stayed at the hotel several times and have never been disappointed. It's located in historic Santa Fe, near the Plaza. Museums, shops, historic churches, restaurants, all are a short, easy walk from the hotel. Enjoyed watching the sunset from my balcony.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!