“This place is great!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
usa
“This place is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

As an avid traveller ,i have stayed in some of the best and worst hotels in the world.
This is my second visit to The Inn and spa at Loretto in Santa Fe and it was just great.
I arrived for a conference and the warmth and charm of the staff and surroundings made me feel more than at home.
We were upgraded by the front desk to a corner room with a large balcony and fireplace that had spectacular views and creature comforts.
Although,I was traveling with my son,I would recommend this place as a romantic getaway .I was here once before with my wife and she was crazy about this hotel.
The hotel restaurant has excellent food and the lobby bar has a great happy hour with great drinks ,food and great commaraderie.
You will never want to leave.
Santa Fe is a great town to walk and explore if you love Art,great restaurants and the fresh outdoor life of New Mexico.
I cannot wait to return to this hotel.
This hotel blows the Four Seasons out of the water for a fraction of the cost.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

826 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Tacoma,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I've stayed at the hotel several times and have never been disappointed. It's located in historic Santa Fe, near the Plaza. Museums, shops, historic churches, restaurants, all are a short, easy walk from the hotel. Enjoyed watching the sunset from my balcony.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I loved staying at the Inn at Loretto. The location was perfect. It's unique structure grabs your attention the minute you see it. It has everything you need - cozy, comfortable room, living room lounge, fabulous restaurant, extremely helpful concierge, elaborate spa.

darnestown md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel. We got a package which included breakfast and valet parking. Very pretty hotel, great location. Rooms were nice. Beds were very comfortable with pillow top mattresses. Bathroom was also nice. Room was a little dark, but we just opened the drapes or turned the lights on.
We thought the package was a great value. It included valet parking(which is usually $18 per night) and $40 per day for two people for breakfast. Very nice restaurant and breakfast was wonderful every day.
My only complaint was the $12 per day "resort fee." This included newspaper, apples in the lobby, and chocolates and hard candies at the front desk(sometimes candies were out, sometimes you had to ask for it). I thought this was a bit of a rip off. But I really loved the hotel and would stay there again.

Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

This hotel is pricey! Booked reservation online then got hit with a "resort" fee when we arrived. The fee covered things you normally get with a hotel stay such as coffee in the room, free coffee and breakfast snacks downstairs (breakfast snacks consisted of apples and little sweet crackers the size of silver dollars). Sheetrock repair in the room was poorly done and clearly visible - I am picky about things like that. The room did have a cute little kiva in the corner where candles could be lit. Valet parking was not optional bacause we had a car.

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Although quite large, it does not feel as though it is. This is a charming hotel in a central, but quiet location. Our room was lovely with a Santa Fe decor, but was quite dark. Once the lights were on, we loved the room and small balcony. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the room spacious. The service in the hotel was excellent, and the spa the very best. My husband and I both had excellent massages. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner on their outside patio. They even provided me with a black shawl, as the night was quite cool. I would definitely choose this hotel again, even though it is quite expensive with added charges for parking and service charges. It was worth it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Misssouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I first made this reservation in June with a rate that included a room upgrade if available at check in. Because we were in town for the Wine and Chile Festival I feared the property may sell out so I opted to pay for an upgraded room in July. I specifically told the reservationist that we were celebrating my husband's 50th birthday and that I would like a nice view. I was disappointed when we walked out onto our balcony to find a view of the roof. We went back down to the front desk and I was told we got what I paid for, the hotel was booked and no other rooms were available. At that point I asked to speak with a manager but was told he was in a meeting. After several minutes of discussion, she found another superior king room for us. When we walked out onto its balcony, we found we overlooked the huge trash dumpsters for the property and air conditioner units. I, again, contacted the front desk and they told me they would have a manager call me back. Shortly thereafter, a man named Roosevelt contacted us and was very gracious. He took us to see another room that did, in fact, have a view of the mountains. Roosevelt, it turns out, was the highlight of our stay. We appreciated his desire to help us find a room with a view.
The room itself was, as others have posted, dark and on the small side. I was prepared for that and really loved the look of the exterior of the property. I was not, however, prepared for the complete lack of service. A note on the bed informed us that the linens are changed only every fourth day unless the guest requests otherwise. I tried to call housekeeping and guest services over a thirty minute period and neither extension ever answered. When we returned to our room from dinner at Coyote Cafe the first night there had not been turn down service.
The following morning I called housekeeping at 7:30 a.m. to request fresh linens. I was told that "the girls" arrive at 8 a.m., that we would get fresh sheets, and we would be their first room. We ate breakfast at Cafe Pasquals and walked the town until about 10 a.m. It was not until approximately 11 a.m. when housekeeping appeared. We decided to go to the pool while the room was cleaned and order lunch there. My husband used the designated phone to call for food and beverage service and was told someone would be right out. Fifteen minutes later - the church bells tolled - he called again to request a server. After thirty minutes we called back to say that no-one had come out and that we were giving up and returning to our room. When we returned to our room the doorkey would not work. My husband went to the front desk to have it recoded and it again did not work. Eventually someone from engineering was called.
The assistant manager from Luminaria called us to apologize and offer us a complimentary lunch. We accepted and were told by Carolyn that they have one person who handles room service orders and pool orders and that he was "slammed." Perhaps that explains why there were always discarded room service trays in the hallways.
Friday night before we left for dinner at Geronimo's I called and asked if they had turn down service and was told that they certainly did. I told them that we had not had such our first night and they said they would send someone and when would be convenient. I told them when we would be out for dinner. When we returned, we were disappointed to see that, again, there had been no service.
However, that would not be the end of our disappointment Friday evening. There was a private reception on the balcony adjacent to our room. At 9:30 we were ready for bed as we are on Central time. I called the front desk and asked what time the party ended and was told 10 p.m. Because it was very chilly outside, many people were congregating in the hallway right outside our room. The party went until 11:30 with no attempt from the management to quiet it or insure it was outside and not in the hallway outside people's rooms.
Saturday morning we left bright and early to head for the Farmers Market. We had been told the night before by the bell staff that a free shuttle ran to the railyard from the corner of Water and Cathedral every day starting at 6 a.m. Standing outside in the brisk morning air for fifteen minutes or so, we became wary of the referral. A call to the number on the sign revealed that the service is weekdays. Saturday service did not start until 11 a.m.
By Saturday late morning we were, naturally, excited to check out of the hotel. We tried to use the prompts on our television set for hotel services to check-out but, alas, that service was not working.
I cannot believe that our experience is what the management team at this property aspires to. We were genuinely dismayed by the lack of service we received while visiting. Unfortunately, we do not feel we got anywhere close to our money's worth on this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!