“Loretto Inn and Spa” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Puerto Rico
“Loretto Inn and Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a nice hotel to stay in Santa Fe unless you want to spend more money on one of the other 2 properties that are more expensive. The spa is wonderful. The rooms were good but not fantastic. The only complaint would be some of the service staff at the restaurant and the room service was a little not up to what we expected. We probably would stay here again if we return. probably...

Green Features: Non smoking property. I didnt pay attention to the rest
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear titaperezPuertoRico,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and spa experience! However, I'm disappointed to hear that you did not experience the exceptional level service from our restaurant and room service that the Loretto is known for. I would a very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further so I may address your comments more deliberately with the team. I've sent you my contact information via direct message. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Tom McCann, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I usually stay a little more on the budget side however this hotel is worth every extra dime! I love it's architectural style, its sun warmed ambience and great pool. My only real complaints are that my room was too dark and as a tour leader I need to be able to 'see' what I am doing! I will ask for a lighter room next year because I plan to take another group to explore this wonderful city and its environs. I would also appreciate breakfast being built into the cost; it would save complications! Nearby the hotel the arts are astounding. Great food, great museums, excellent shopping (in the hotel also) and in the plaza and of course Georgia O'Keeffe lives on! We went for the International Folk Art Market and the Santa Fe Opera!

Green Features: The hotel has great environmental policies in place. Important in dry country and in a world faced with climate change. I would appreciate the use of less plastic overall but that is a discussion for another time.
Dear Caroled,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are truly honored by your 5-star rating and compliments to our architecture and amenities. Knowing that you plan to bring your group back again next year is the best compliment we could receive! We definitely have a room that will better accommodate your needs as the tour leader.

We look forward to welcoming you and your group back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Best Regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Inn and Spa at Loretto has a fantastic staff. Always attentive and anticipating their guests' wishes. I went for a run one morning, and the valet attendant provided me with a map and a cold bottle of water. The resulting tour of Santa Fe by foot turned out to be one of my favorite runs ever!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thomas M, Owner at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you Eric C! Your comments to our staff, and specifically the valet team, are so appreciated. I'm incredibly proud of the wonderful and dedicated staff here at the Loretto and knowing that they were able to make your stay, and run, that much more memorable is such great validation. I've shared your comments with the entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope your travels bring you back to Santa Fe, and the Inn, soon!

Tom McCann, General Manager, Inn and Spa at Loretto
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

While the hotel in itself is beautiful, with great charm, the room left something to be desire. We had a 2 bed room with a seating area. The lighting was terrible, regardless of how many lamps (not in the most convenient places) you turned on it was still dark. The worst part of the room was the lack of drawers (2 small ones) and a tiny closet in the bathroom of all places. You could not open the door to the close if you wanted to have the bathroom door open. A really dumb place to put the4 closet. Instead of the seating are (4 chairs and a small table) they should put a closet and drawers there. Because of these inconveniences I would not stay at that hotel again.

Green Features: They have signs about the use of towels and changing linens.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear eva k,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto, we are delighted that you enjoyed the overall charm and ambience of the hotel. Your feedback regarding the rooms is very appreciated and has been taken into consideration. I did want to mention that we have many different rooms types offering more storage and closet space that might better fit your needs. I hope you'll consider one of these rooms for future stay with us as we'd love to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Inn & Spa is 2 blocks to center and 3 blocks to Canyon Boulevard Art Galleries. Terrific staf with good bar and grill. Our room was a little dark but nice. Really enjoyed the little shops in the lobby. Never miss an opportunity to Shop. Going back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DEWDENVER,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Santa Fe!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have stayed at several establishments in Santa Fe, all lovely and all very enjoyable. I have to say The Inn at Loretto was the best, and that is no small feat. My week long visit was from 27 July to 1 August. I travel often for business but this trip was for leisure. My pet peeve is bathroom cleanliness, both upon check in and throughout the visit. Loretto was superb---I would definitely stay here again. Beautiful rooms and décor that match what you see on the website. Sumptious bedding. Very convenient to area sites and easy to walk about town. Luminaria, the on-site restaurant, was very good in terms of the food and exceptional with respect to the service. All in all, it was a great visit for which I had high expectations---and it did not disappoint. Looking forward to future returns.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thomas M, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Nomadic82,

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto and are honored by your thoughtful comments and high rating! Knowing that you are looking forward to a return visit is such a wonderful compliment. Thank you for your compliments to our service, room décor, restaurant and location. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had an excellent stay at this beautiful hotel it's location is excellent. It is pet friendly which helped me. It was good to get the heads up from an earlier review regarding the parking and extra charges. I agree they should be built into the rates. But overall it was an excellent stay. I also got a wonderful massage while there, the spa was a very beautiful peaceful place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear d r,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, as well as your wonderful spa treatment. Your feedback and patronage is very appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next visit to Santa Fe.

Tom McCann, General Manager

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!