“My Own Birthday Treat” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tupelo, Mississippi
“My Own Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've stayed at the Inn at Loretto twice now, and I just can't think of anything negative to say. I find the rooms romantic, I really like the darker shades on the walls--very soothing. The food is quite good both in the lounge and in their restaurant, Luminaria. The location is ideal--you can walk everywhere, as the hotel is about 1/2 block from the Plaza. But most significant to me is their staff. I don't know who is responsible for their training, but the staff is just excellent! From Jacqueline at check-in, to Anderson for valet parking, to Cristov, the bartendar…and everyone else…just a really great, friendly, professional, fun, kind, warm staff! Really can't say enough about them. They made me feel welcome and truly treated me like royalty.

Room Tip: As with most of the hotels downtown Santa Fe, the rooms vary TREMENDOUSLY. Ask to be shown a few roo...
Green Features: They do not wash towels and sheets every day unless you prefer that. I do wish I could have known if they had recycling for my plastic and glass bottles.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are honored you chose to spend your birthday with us and so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The compliments to our staff are greatly appreciated and truly validate the teams efforts! From all of us at the Inn and Spa at Loretto - Happy Birthday! We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I recently spent a blissful weekend at the Inn At Loretto in Santa Fe, New Mexico and loved it. Before the holidays os the best time to receive a great value-half off! I loved the location most of all and the lovely interior, filled with Native design and art. The elevators are the first hint you are some place special-they contain painted wood retablo-like native designs-a mixture of Native and HIspanic cultures. The staff is friendy and helpful. I have left a precious bottle of champagne in my room and the staff went to the room with me to be sure it was found-it was. The Living Room (lounge) is large and hopping with vitality. The cocktail menu include a delish smokey margarita-highly recommended! The bar menu includes lobster mac n cheese-heavy on the lobster, AND THE most delectible Wagyu burger ever! Perfectly cooked medium rare!
The hallways are full of lit windows FULL of tempting art and gifts from locals, which can be purchased, but function better as a living directory of arts and gifts. There is also a living artist section close to the check in area-where local artists are invited to share their wares with the hotel visitors-great idea for both artists and visitors, who want to have contact with artists.
The location is perfect to walk everywhere-park you car and walk around town safely at night! Great time!

Room Tip: Values can be had a few weeks before Christmas.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay a delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our on-site art collection, as well as the artist in residence program. We are honored to be recognized as the "Art and Soul of Santa Fe" and take great pride in showcasing the city's amazing artist community. Your compliments are very appreciated and truly validate the teams efforts. We look forward to having you as our guest again! Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We've been fans of La Posada for our last few trips here, but decided to stay closer to town.
The Inn and spa @ Lorretto did not disappoint. Upon first check in, the room we initially were assigned was on the second floor with limited views (room 250). We turned around and asked for a different junior suite. We are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, and they were very accommodating. The front desk lady kindly escorted us to view another one, Room 416, and it was much better. It was a no hassle quick change. The lobby bar (living room feel) hosted FANTASTIC music and a cozy fireplace each night we were here. We had an incredible dinner at Lumminaria our first night here. Everything was just perfect and worth the price. Very nice restaurant. My only hotel complaint was that the hot water takes forrrrrever to get warm. It's an old building, however, so we got used to the wait. "Heads up", the pillows also have no substance, and almost disappear when you lay your head down.

We splurged for a couples hot stone massage, and it was ok. The junior suite was a perfect size, and we enjoyed our stay here very much. The location could not have been better! You can walk almost everywhere from here. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

A perfect location for a girls getaway! There is even an Artist in Residence, who gave my daughter and I a 2 hour painting class, for free! We even came away with two paintings that we created.

We did not have time to eat in the restaurant but ordered a late room service dinner, that was incredible.

Great location, with the best of Santa Fe within walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Inn and spa at Lorreto. Hosted my wedding reception. The staff was the most accommodating staff I have ever worked with. From the valet service to the people at the front desk and even the people that work in the restaurants were all so kind and courteous I had no worries during my stay. The good is great. The rooms are clean. The location is such a great place in Santa Fe. I will return here time and time again.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn and Spa at Loretto and congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and honored to have shared such a special occasion with you. We hope to share many more memories with you in the future. Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Warm Regards, Sheri Decker, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Santa Fe is magical so I was very careful about picking the right hotel for my budget. Being as it was off season, I was able to find some normally priced at $225 for about $100 on one of the discount hotel sites which i considered a coup. The Inn was very Southwest style on the outside and from the photos and reviews, it looked clean and exactly what the dr. ordered. This review may be a little tainted because I arrived in a snow storm, but when we arrived I was pleased except to learn the parking would cost $19 a day. I missed this in the reviews....for 3 days that's an extra $57 tacked on to the hotel. I found a cheaper place to park for $8 a day next door at the Desert Inn parking lot but when I told the front desk, they gave me free parking. Okay! Neither parking lot was covered parking and given i hadn't driven in snow for 30 years, I was not too pleased about this. The lobby of the hotel was inviting with apples for the taking, and a slew of stores for shopping attached. They had a big 'living room' where people sat and drank but I just wanted to rest. When I first saw the room, it was dark and dreary. There was a balcony but it was somewhat hidden near the mock fireplace so the room was very dark. I was so tired the first night I slept though I noticed that the heating system was very loud. The second night, the sound was so great it felt like a locomotive was travelling in my head. So for the third night, I called the front desk and said I needed a different room or my money back without penalty because of the heating system. They moved us to a different room, that was brighter and the heating system was not that noisy. Did I mention I had altitude sickness for the second two days? so my trip to Santa Fe was not as great as it could've been but nonetheless, once I got the kinks out of the hotel, it was fine. I will say the staff were very nice, and knowing I was ill, kept offering to send me up some juice. The woman in Luminaria (the attached restaurant) also sent me up some free toast, so that felt good. Alas, though, when I returned my rental car, there was a gash in the bumper. i can't blame the valets at the hotel because I don't know for sure, and it could have been the ice but now the deal I got on the rental is going to cost me and my insurance company big bucks. So much for saving money on this trip. I think I'd find a different hotel to stay in my next trip but if you can get a good deal, this hotel is in walking distance to the plaza as well as a nice walk to Canyon Rd.

Room Tip: Ask for a bright room with a view!!
Green Features: This hotel is environmentally friendly, and they do allow dogs!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Despite its wonderful location we were disappointed when we had to walk outside to get to our room. Upon entering we noticed the color of the carpet was black and the interior design wasn't to our liking and we had a regular fireplace and not what we expected. We ordered adjoining rooms which they didn't fulfill that evening since there was some water damage from the snow. We immediately went to the front desk to check out and didnt stay. This hotel has gotten rave reviews and I don't know why. Check out la Fonda down the street and the pricing is much better and the interior design is very nice and clean!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!