“AN AMAZING PROPERTY & STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“AN AMAZING PROPERTY & STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I visited the Inn at Loretto for the first time yesterday because I was conducting a seminar for a large NM group. I have to admit, I'm a very picky person when it comes to the setting for my presentations....my reputation is often linked with the total conference "experience". I tell you that, from start to finish, the professional service at this hotel was flawless! I spend a lot of time at a lot of hotels and I assure you that this was one of the smoothest, most pleasant of all. The charm of the property is unparalleled and the staff is so attentive as to be surreal. As an example, I commented at lunch how I thought the tamales were the best I'd ever eaten. The next thing I know, I get a TO GO box with 6 tamales! They would not even accept a tip. The meeting room was comfortable, beautiful and private. The AV equipment up to date and the program staff were friendly, attentive, and unobtrusive. The whole experience makes me wish all the hotels I visit were as top notch as this one. I will surely recommend the Inn at Loretto to my guests, my clients and my friends. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write this wonderful review of The Inn and Spa at Loretto. We take pride in our high guest satisfaction rate and are very pleased that you enjoyed your conference and received the level of service we strive for. My team and I thank you for mentioning your gratification of our meeting rooms, the AV equipment, and staff. I will be certain to share this excellent feedback with the entire team.

We are pleased that you’ll recommend our hotel to your guests, clients, and friends. Word of mouth is the best advertisement we could ask for. Thank you again.

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Leawood, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although it's one of the older hotels in Santa Fe, the location is terrific - just a block or two from the square. We were there in the off season (April), some construction/updating annoyed one of our friends. The hotel needs some updating - no storage in the rooms or bathroom and the towels looks like they were original to the hotel. When we asked desperately to buy stamps at the front desk, we were told they had none (but hey, why not OFFER to mail two letters for a guest?). Luminiaria Cafe was wonderful, recommend the breakfast burrito. The spa was adequate, small and the massage tables were not heated. Ok, I'm spoiled. But it's a great taste of traditional New Mexico hospitality.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite.
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend several years ago. Have stayed here a number of times and always stay here when we go to Santa Fe. The rooms are comfortable and roomy and the balconies have great views. Great location near the Plaza.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Inn and Spa at Loretto is an amazing hotel! It is full of mystery and history! This beautiful hotel has many corners of unique shops and wonderful things to see and be a part of. The living room is warm and inviting! The service that I received from Aimee was impeccable! A complimentary order of chips and homemade salsa from Marilyn was a sweet surprise. The Luminaira Restaurant is also unbelievable! I highly recommend the pasta and this is when I tried my first chocolate covered bacon Amazing! I couldn't ask for nicer people at the front desk. I was greeted with kindness and smiles. The room is wonderful! The bed very comfy, and the warm tone colors made for a very relaxing stay. I loved the Loretto Line Tour Trolley! It is a great way to see the city and I have added more things to see for when I return on my next visit to Santa Fe. Beautiful Hotel! Wonderful City!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a great place to have a business meeting! Easily accommodated a group of 80+ wildlife biologists. The service was impeccable. The hotel is lovely - especially if you appreciate staying in a place that has all the luxury provided by a "chain" - but none of the mundane sameness. This place has charm. The bed in my room was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - which, as the meeting organizer, I REALLY appreciated. The staff was so courteous and responsive to all our needs - everything was seamless. The food was delicious - both in the restaurant and our catered meeting breakfasts, lunch and dinner. The location is perfect - our group really appreciated being near so many great shops, galleries, and restaurants - an easy walk to the Plaza. Highly recommended, would stay here again every time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review. We take pride in our high guest satisfaction rate and are very pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Inn and Spa at Loretto. We appreciate you mentioning your satisfaction with our guestrooms, the restaurant, and staff. I will be certain to share this excellent feedback with the entire team.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future..

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a few gal pals. The hotel was very nice and in a great location, within easy walking distance to all the Plaza shops and restaurants. The rooms were very comfortable and included a sitting area with a nice chair and sofa. I would definitely enjoy staying here again sometime.

Room Tip: Some rooms have small balconies, some do not.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After a long days drive we checked in at the the Loretto and it was very Santa Fe. They've done a great job at keeping the place authentic to the old town. Santa Fe was fantastic to walk about in. Great shops and great atmosphere. Check out the native vendors at the Plaza ...very high quality stuff. We loved the shopping and found some very nice and unique silver jewelry. The hotel is top notch. We had a snack and some wine by the fire in the main lounge and it was great. The room had all the south west touches, quiet, nice bed ...first class. There are a bunch of stores on the main floor for whatever you might want. It's not particularly cheap but it puts you right in the heart of Santa Fe and it was a great experience. I didn't know what to expect from Santa Fe but I was very impressed and I loved it. Great experience and a very cool little city. Be sure to make some time available to wander around.

Room Tip: There's no real views here but the hotel puts you right in the heart of the old town.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheri D, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for this gracious review of The Inn and Spa at Loretto. I am so pleased you’ve enjoyed your time here and appreciate the compliments regarding our guestrooms and The Living Room. We are very thankful for everything our Inn represents.

Thank you again for this wonderful review. Please feel free to contact me upon your next visit, I’d love to meet you.

Sheri Decker

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!