“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I got married and had our reception at the Inn at Loretto. It was a small family ceremony and we all stayed at the hotel. I couldn't have been happier with their service in all of the departments (hotel, spa, restaurant/bar). The hotel is located in a great spot near everything in the square, and is beautiful from the outside.

We will definitely be going back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: The upgraded King room has a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
arnold, maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like hanging out next to the fire place in the living room winter and summer. The rooms are smallish but comfortable. The common areas are great (except the public rest room on the first floor near the restaurant - get the fan fixed already). The food is above average and dining outdoors in the summer is a treat. The front desk staff has been good - a little brusk at times but some of the guests can really wear the staff out. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love the terrific location with easy access to the charming sites of downtown Santa Fe. I think the linens were the most luxurious I have felt in a long time! Didn't want to get out of bed! I love having a coffee maker in the room, but had to move the maker over to the fireplace to be able to plug it in (seemed a bit awkward). The lounge had a great happy hour and live entertainment. The restaurant was excellent as well, we enjoyed our breakfast compliments of the Virtuoso Amenity package. We were there the weekend before Christmas, so staffing may have been a bit light. Only one attendant was at the front desk everytime we were there. I know some folks waited quite some time to get assistance. Did not have time to enjoy the spa, but got a very nice tour of the facility by the spa manager. Overall great stay and will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis M, Director of Operations at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am so happy you selected The Inn and Spa at Loretto for your stay before the holidays. We thank you for recognizing our location, linens, and restaurant. Our guests remark about our “luxurious linens” so much we decided to sell them in our spa! We value our Virtuoso Partnership and are delighted you enjoyed the included breakfast. I apologize for the coffeemaker issues. I will certainly look into that right away.

I look forward to your next stay, maybe you can enjoy the spa this time.

Dennis Marcinik
Director of Operations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

OK, I admit it, having spend our honeymoon there and having adopted two wonderful bear companions from the rooms, we are set up to love it, but what's wrong with that? Everything that one from somewhere else would want--the architecture, location, ease of eating, imbibing and shopping not only very close but some of the best are on the premises-- and everything we like when we are downtown, as in a great comfortable bar and an elegant restaurant which in the summer has one of the most romantic outdoor dining options around. We often stay here even thought we live in Santa Fe in order to be close to the Canyon Rd Walk or for an anniversary treat. Do be aware the average room is very small. In case the management is reading this, take a good look (maybe a spy) at your wait staff in the bar. We have had one very rude experience.

Room Tip: They are mostly small. Be prepared to pay a lot more for size.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Every year my wife and I spend our anniversary at the Inn. The staff and rooms are the benchmark by which we measure other hotels. Everyone at the hotel from the brilliant and charming concierge, Mary, to the prompt and friendly valet is courteous, professional and simply wonderful.

This year we had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Luminaria, for the first time. The ambiance was a nicely subdued blend of southwestern, cape cod and rustic (if you can imagine that). We had a table facing both the patio and fireplace which couldn't be beat, though they had comfortable booths with high walls offering greater intimacy.

My wife and I have spent a lot of time in fine restaurants around the world and though we aren't experts we are attuned to the subtile differences between well done fine dining and the veneer of quality some high priced restaurants pass off. The service and food Luminaria are premier.

Luminaria not only left nothing to be desired but set a high water mark. Our waitress for dinner, Melissa, was spectacular and like a movie-star: Charming, insightful, and perfectly attentive while unobtrusive.

Although the prix fixe looked delicious we were happy to have opted for a arugula and watercress salad followed by the blackend salmon and beef short ribs. Little could have complimented the short ribs as well as the Marietta Petit Sirah reccomended by Melissa.

The short ribs were the ideal blend of a savory crust and fork tender braised beef served with succulent demi-glace, both of which were perfectly balanced by the creamy cheese grits and pearl onions. My wife loved the pan seared blackend salmon filet and onion risotto, especially the risotto (she is still raving about it!).

The unexpected amose bouche was a grilled shrimp with a spectacular citrus ajoli and after dinner we were surprised with a mouth-watering dark chocolate truffle mignardise that would have complimented an espresso as well as it did the red wine.

The bread basket contained a nice variety of savory breads, including a uniquely delicious chipotli flaovred biscotti-style biscuit and muffin that I wish I'd gotten more of.

Of all the wonderful places to eat in Santa Fe, Luminaria should not be missed or casually overlooked.

If you are budget conscious, you can join the hotel's free "Legacy Club" on their website to get 20% off on the meals and maybe even the spa treatments.

Room Tip: Junior suits have nice sitting areas and ours had a wonderful roof-top patio with a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I don't want to be mean. I only hope that this review will make the management of this hotel take notice of some serious problems and rectify them. So here goes..It started when my husband and I drove up next to the valet sign. We had to wait for a few minutes because it was extremely busy. Since we had dinner reservations in 1 hr, we opted to take our luggage in with us instead of waiting for someone to deliver. Apparently, this didn't sit well..as the doorman stood silently while we struggled to get our luggage through the front doors. Seriously..He just stood there watching us. Front Desk staffer was very nice. Then we got into the room. The room we thought we had booked (from the Inn's website pics) wasn't even close to what we were given. 1st..It was extremely claustrophobic. There was no windows, but there was a door that went out to a shared patio. When u opened up the curtains to get light in the room, your neighbors that share your patio can see right into the room. So...NO PRIVACY. 2nd..Dresser Drawers? There was a tiny nightstand on one side of the bed. 2 of the drawers contained bibles and hotel info. We where there for 7 days and had 4 suitcases. I was not expecting to live out of my suitcase for a whole week. 3rd..We finally found a small closet behind the bathroom door. It was so small it barely fit our 2 winter coats. NO WAY 2 people could stand in the bathroom..it was that small. 4th..There are no safes in the room. WHAT?!? You need to go down to the front desk to lock any valuables. 5th..Bose or IPOD docking station that was promised on the website was an old RCA CD/Clock Radio. I don't know anyone who still travels with CD's. 5th...No hair dryer in the room. Had to call down to front desk for one. 6th..Our fireplace...which took up a good portion of our tiny little room...consisted of a fake candle in a fake fireplace.

That was our room. Good thing was that mgmt let us check out after one night w/out any penalties and we found a great room at another hotel...and they were actually very nice when we explained our grievances. Another good thing...they have a very large and cozy bar w/ pretty decent food downstairs. See? I can write nice things, too :) Good Travels.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis M, Director of Operations at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate the time and consideration you put into this review. Our priority is to provide our guests with the very best service before, during, and after their stay. With that said, I apologize for the concerns you shared. We take guest reviews very seriously and take pride in the facility and services we provide. I understand your frustrations.

I’d be happy to speak with you at your convenience. If you wish to discuss your stay with me further, I can be reached at 505-984-7930.

Dennis Marcinik
Director of Operations
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been staying at the Inn and Spa at Loretto pretty much on a monthly basis for the last 10 years - for both business and personal trips. The hotel's service --starting with the valet and front desk ---have been impeccable. On the valet side, Diego always delivers quality service. Josephine Vega, Front Desk Supervisor, continues to do an outstanding job, as does Charyce Martin, also assisting at the front desk.

The management staff of Dennis and Clint, as well as Guin White, certainly makes their guests feel at home. I know they do with me and my family. i am glad to recommend this hotel to those looking for great service.

Art Morales
Houston, Texas

Room Tip: They are all great rooms due to recent reovations.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!