I don't want to be mean. I only hope that this review will make the management of this hotel take notice of some serious problems and rectify them. So here goes..It started when my husband and I drove up next to the valet sign. We had to wait for a few minutes because it was extremely busy. Since we had dinner reservations in 1 hr, we opted to take our luggage in with us instead of waiting for someone to deliver. Apparently, this didn't sit well..as the doorman stood silently while we struggled to get our luggage through the front doors. Seriously..He just stood there watching us. Front Desk staffer was very nice. Then we got into the room. The room we thought we had booked (from the Inn's website pics) wasn't even close to what we were given. 1st..It was extremely claustrophobic. There was no windows, but there was a door that went out to a shared patio. When u opened up the curtains to get light in the room, your neighbors that share your patio can see right into the room. So...NO PRIVACY. 2nd..Dresser Drawers? There was a tiny nightstand on one side of the bed. 2 of the drawers contained bibles and hotel info. We where there for 7 days and had 4 suitcases. I was not expecting to live out of my suitcase for a whole week. 3rd..We finally found a small closet behind the bathroom door. It was so small it barely fit our 2 winter coats. NO WAY 2 people could stand in the bathroom..it was that small. 4th..There are no safes in the room. WHAT?!? You need to go down to the front desk to lock any valuables. 5th..Bose or IPOD docking station that was promised on the website was an old RCA CD/Clock Radio. I don't know anyone who still travels with CD's. 5th...No hair dryer in the room. Had to call down to front desk for one. 6th..Our fireplace...which took up a good portion of our tiny little room...consisted of a fake candle in a fake fireplace.
That was our room. Good thing was that mgmt let us check out after one night w/out any penalties and we found a great room at another hotel...and they were actually very nice when we explained our grievances. Another good thing...they have a very large and cozy bar w/ pretty decent food downstairs. See? I can write nice things, too :) Good Travels.
- Also Known As:
- Inn And Spa At Loretto Hotel Santa Fe
- Inn And Spa At Loretto Hotel
- Hotel At Loretto
- At Loretto Hotel
- Inn At Loretto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exquisite Santa Fe, New Mexico hotel reflecting the culture and sophistication of its historic setting, the Inn and Spa at Loretto features 134 guestrooms, a full-service spa, casual fine dining, art galleries and a tranquil garden. The Inn is ideally located in the heart of Santa Fe, near the Palace of the Governors and just one block from historic Santa Fe Plaza's galleries, museums, restaurants and boutiques. Effortlessly blending old-world charm with world-class splendor, this Santa Fe luxury hotel is one of the state's most photographed buildings. Built at the end of the historic Old Santa Fe Trail high in the spectacular Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the Inn and Spa at Loretto is an architectural recreation of the Taos Pueblo, a national historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Venere so you can book your Inn and Spa at Loretto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.