“Customer Service - A little disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   211 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #18 of 59 hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Durango, Colorado
“Customer Service - A little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my second visit to the Inn at Loretto, and I wasn't nearly as satisfied this trip. Granted, I was a little cranky at the end of a long day when we arrived at the hotel at 9:30 pm. There was no space for my car in the entrance circle, so I went around the block to access the hotel parking lot. Upon parking, I was promptly "welcomed" by an attendant who was clearly more grouchy that I, informing me that the hotel parking was valet only (a disappointing change from my last stay) and that in order to check-in, I'd have to move my car back to the entrance circle (where there was no space available whatsoever). Upon checking in, I was disappointed again, because I reserved a room with a rollout, which was unavailable. My choices were for one in my party to sleep on the floor, or to pay for another room. Considering the misunderstanding and the fact the hotel was not close to being full (making me wonder why the parking was such an issue?), offering a comp or extremely reduced rate room would have made my experience with the customer service a lot more pleasant. I expected more from a hotel of this caliber. I know these experiences affected my overall perception of the hotel, which was well appointed as described in the previous reviews. There was a lovely communal porch outside our room, which we would have utilized more if the weather had been a few degrees warmer. We enjoyed music and late appetizers, which were delicious, in the main bar area of the hotel. And the location off the plaza is quiet convenient for walking around. All in all, this experience made me wish I'd stayed at La Posada again. With all the amazing choices in Santa Fe, I personally wouldn't return, but I can see why people enjoy this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

725 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel for a week - the last of our 3 week American adventure. We loved it and we loved Santa Fe. The hotel has an incredible location - right on the Santa Fe trail and a short stroll to the Plaza, and an easy stroll to Canyon Road. The decor and ambiance are authentically south western - our room was beautifully appointed, spacious, very comfy bed and spotlessly clean. Perfect. We ate in the bar a couple of times and had chips and dips by the pool and the wait staff were delightful. Some evenings a fab guitarist was playing - just lovely. We also ate in Luminaria and that's definitely an experience not to be missed. The memories of the exquisite green chile veloute with scallops will last long - it was beyond delicious! Our only moan is that the hotel makes you pay to park your car - a bit mean spirited and not worthy of such a lovely hotel with such lovely staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis M, Director of Operations at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying at The Inn and Spa at Loretto. We appreciate your comments regarding The Living Room Lounge, our location, and Luminaria Restaurant. Thank you for highlighting these features as it is always wonderful for other visitors to read. With that said, I would like to mention that the valet fee is exclusively meant to operate our parking operation, a AAA Four Diamond requirement. Our policy is for our front desk and reservation team members to clarify these fees to our guests; I regret this may not have happened in your case. I apologize for this, but thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please visit us again during your next Santa Fe vacation. Thank you.

Dennis Marcinik
Director of Operations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we took advantage of a livingsocial voucher for our night at The Inn at Loretto - and our experience was so lovely that we will return on our own again! next time, it will be for multiple nights - we could not have been happier with the experience.

Room Tip: rooms with balconies provide a romantic view of the cathedral and mountains.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

stayed back in end of Aug 2012.
Had a room with large outside deck with table and chairs. Nice and quiet as just off the main square. Staff all very helpful and room was very well appointed as was the bathroom.
Nice pool area and restaurants all great.
If I get back to Santa Fe will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chesterton, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great location for our first visit to Sante Fe. The hotel is beautiful outside. Inside is very nice. Our room was certainly comfortable & roomy. The hotel is right next door to Loretto Chapel & walking distance of The Plaza & most things you would want to see. We had dinner reservations @ Luminaria Restaurant on Thanksgiving night so that may have been why our menu was limited. There was a price fix of $65 each for 3 courses (appetizer, entree, dessert). I have to say the food was excellent & they did offer turkey, but $65 for turkey is a little pricey! Our bill for 2 of us was $200 (we each had 1 drink). I would probably stay here again, but maybe wouldn't eat @ this restaurant unless it were a special anniversary or something.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Beautiful hotel with an array of southwestern artistic shops. Large bar area with entertainment nightly. Twice weekly free yoga. Rooms were large but lightning wasn't very bright. Extra charges added approximately $35 daily to a $199 room fee. $18 daily for parking a car. Central location near Loretto Chapel and the Cathedral. Not far from the square and the public activities it embodies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Northwestern New Jrsey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Beautiful hotel and great services. Yummy quilts on the bed, adaquate gym, great restaurants and excellent services. It's located right in the heart of the main town, right off the square. You could probably walk to Canyon Road but save your energey and legs...cause that's an all day affaire. But such nice shops in the lobby you didn't really have to leave!!

Room Tip: All the views were great, especially at night. If you have the money, the "apartment" on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!