“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days in early October. It is very centrally located in the city of Santa Fe. The rooms were very nice although I did not like the fact that the closet was located in the bathroom - inconvenient when there is more than one person staying in the room. In addition, there was not a mirror in the main bedroom area - only in the bathroom. The spa was very nice as well. Other than that, my stay was wonderful and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dennis M, Director of Operations at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding the Inn and Spa at Loretto, we appreciate the time and consideration you put into this review. Our priority is to provide our guests with the very best in service before, during, and after their stay. With that said, I apologize for the concerns you shared. I certainly hope that the positive elements you encountered will ensure a return visit.

Please feel free to contact me when planning your next visit to Santa Fe.

Dennis Marcinik
Director of Operations

726 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
SEATTLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very comfortable place for a small conference. Great location, everyone helpful.
Towels - not too soft and no real cream for coffee in the AM.
Low lighting seemed to be an issue in conference and room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'm often hesitant to put too much stock in overly negative reviews, thinking that the person may have had a one-off bias. That being said, I am very disappointed in this case that I cancelled my reservation with another hotel in the area (which had complimentary homemade hot breakfast, and an evening wine reception) and spent a very long four nights here in the deluxe king room. I really should have listened to the other negative reviews!

Service - I'll start off with a positive, because the people I dealt with at the front desk and valet were very kind and accommodating.There was a definite lack of energy, and so I can see where the other negative reviews in this aspect may have been coming from, however my personal experience was quite good. My one service request was met extremely quickly even though the hotel was fully booked (even though as you'll read below, unfortunately did not actually fix the problem).

Bed - Of all of the traveling I've done (including much of europe, and a few African countries), these were the most uncomfortable beds / pillows I have ever experienced anywhere. I did not get a single good night's sleep because of the pains in my neck and shoulder, which I have never experienced before! I did try a massage downstairs (at huge expense of course) but it has not helped. I am not alone in this, and have talked to two other people with similar opinions.

Noise - the heater / AC was so loud that we had to turn it off during the very cold evenings. It sounded like a freight train, and woke us up continually throughout the first night.

Room condition - Signs of wear, and extremely dark. No lights near the full length mirror in the area where you would typically get ready. Bathtub would not seal, even after maintenance had a look. I had difficulty believing the television was 42"? It looked so small up on the wall above the non-functional fireplace. The patio was the saddest excuse for a patio that I've been charged for...you couldn't actually open the door and step outside without significant effort. It could fit two small people at best, although i'm not sure how they'd get the door open if they were both outside at the same time. Either way, we couldn't use it. This was one of the main reasons that I had switched our booking to this hotel, and it was another absolute disappointment. We had a corner patio, and looking outside it would appear that some rooms do in fact have quite nice patios. Be sure to call and find out.

Restaurant - the food was delicious, service good. Breakfast was overpriced, but I am likely still sore about having missed out on the highly recommended (complimentary) breakfast in the hotel that I had cancelled. A bit of a sore point that free coffee is advertised in the mornings, and is located a few feet away from the dinner tables, and yet my family was spending $10 a meal because we were choosing to eat at the restaurant. As part of the price of my room, it was to come with "continental breakfast for two", however the fine print shows that this is actually only a 25$ room credit, and the continental breakfast is $15 each. Although a few dollars is certainly not an issue, it's the principle!

Spa - as mentioned above, the women working in the spa were fantastic. I had multiple services, and was pleased with all of them, with the exception of my nails. Unfortunately they look shockingly terrible, and I will have to remove the polish and even the shape once I get home. Extremely disappointing for a $120 pedi/mani, which didnt even involve a foot or hand massage! I should have really said something, but the girl was so sweet (and at the end of multiple hours of treatment I was exhausted). My warning would be to make sure you get what you pay for and not just grin and bare it like I did...

Pool - Standard motel pool, certainly didn't have any particularly inviting feel or atmosphere.

Location - fantastic! Saving grace, along with the smiling valet people as we left the building.

Wifi - great, no issues in room or elsewhere in the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The "living room" has such a great feeling to it with cosy chairs, tables and the large fireplace. Matthew Andrae's singing is wonderful. Such a creat place to wander in and enjoy, even if you are not staying here. Our waitress was so pleasant. It was the perfect ending to our girls weekend.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing The Living Room located at the Inn and Spa at Loretto. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the ambiance, service, and of course Matthew Andrae. He is truly wonderful. We strive to provide a unique experience for all our guests and it brings us great pride that we accomplished this for you and your friends. We look forward to your return.

Dennis Marcinik
Director of Operations
Hereford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Another great stay. Frequent here 1 to 2 times a year and strongly recommend it. No better place to hang out than in the living room. Great location for all Santa Fe activities. Easy walking distance to many sites. On site dining is terrific.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the hotel in October of 2012. The location was wonderful and quiet. Just a few steps from the plaza and walking distance to many restaurants. The hotel was quaint. The rooms were nice and cozy but somewhat dark. There is a beautiful pool and nice lobby with a fireplace. The restaurant was out standing and the food as good as many of the upscale restaurants we went to outside the hotel. The front desk staff however were not friendly and really not very helpful. I didn't feel the staff were hospitable nor helpful the many times we stopped by or asked for assistance. The waitress at the restaurant Illuminaria also was not customer friendly though the food was very good.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony over looking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I want to thank you personally for taking the time to write this review. We take guest reviews very seriously and take pride in the facility and services we provide. With that said, I am pleased that you enjoyed our location, the food, and your room, but I do offer my sincerest apologies to you for receiving less than perfect service at the front desk and from your server. This is not acceptable and I understand your frustrations. I’d love to speak with you about this further. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Stefan Huber
Chattanooga TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We lovedddd our 2 nts here! Even though we arrived early and with Living Social discounted vouchers they checked us in early-gave us a Great room with a balcony and view. Room is decorated wonderfully, very quiet and they have fruit, morning coffee, tea w/shortbread cookies downstairs.
The restaurants breakfast menu is interesting and reasonably priced since a chef is preparing it.
We could walk to most everything. Lots of shops, museums and entertainment all around Santa Fe so we now think it's best to stay in the downtown area while visiting. Especially at the Inn & Spa at Loretto! All of the staff makes u feel like you're at home with family!!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!