“What An Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“What An Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Wow, I can't remember staying at a nicer place.

My wife has long wanted to visit Santa Fe and so we recently came for a long weekend. I found the Inn and Spa at Loretto and we decided to check it out.

First, the negatives:

None. Seriously. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this place or our stay. (How often does that happen!?)

The positives:

-- Absolutely beautiful place; our room had a private balcony with a stunning view.

-- Great restaurant.

-- Loved the spa.

-- Phenomenal staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would definitely go back. Staff was beyond friendly and attentive. The facility is showing its age but is still charming. Luminaria, the restaurant was amazing. Spa service was great. Location was walking distance to tons of food/nightlife.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Inn & Spa at Loretto is located just a block or two from the plaza and well within walking distance to all coffee shops and restaurants in the downtown area. Luminaria (a part of the hotel) is a FANTASTIC restaurant; my Mom, Dad & I had a perfect dinner experience - the ambiance is equally as excellent as the food and cocktail selection! The pastry chef is well-known, and I do wish we had more time to enjoy brunch the following morning. Our 2nd floor room was cozy, clean, and comfortable with a paneled mirror as the entire back wall. I'm big on pillows, and these were to die for! The only downside I'd consider is the mandatory valet service - it would have been nice (and more convenient) to have had access to our car whenever we needed.

Also of note: The Green Owl is a lovely coffee shop on the main level of the hotel - I've been there on more than one occasion for a latté. Not only do they brew high-quality coffee, but the service and conversation has been outstanding each time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review highlighting the Inn and Spa at Loretto and Luminaria Restaurant and Patio. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and thank you for mentioning your dining experience. I am disappointed you didn’t have a chance to enjoy brunch, like you stated, Chef Andrea Clover is very talented, perhaps next time! She actually spent last week in Las Vegas as a volunteer at the World Pastry Championships assisting Team USA. We are very proud of her.

In addition, I’d like to thank you for mentioning our new partner, The Green Owl. They just joined our hotel a few months ago and is the perfect place to sit with a cup of coffee and newspaper in the morning. Thank you.

Stefan Huber
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a nice stay at the property, the rooms are very nice and comfortable but some of the details are weak, which would mean we would likely try another property next time, The two concierges we interacted with were not the best, all they did was give us lots of printed materials with information on events and restaurants and didn't seem excited to help. The gym was the biggest let down, there were very few cardio machines and just one "all in onw" weight machine, very small tight space and very hot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice and clean. Stayed for 3 nights. The only thing I would say was the airconditioning was very loud! It worked hard to keep the room comfy thoughout the day since it was so hot out. Overnight though, i did hear it go on and off constantly. I had read people mention it in other reviews- and thougt there was no way it would bother us- we just want a safe clean room- but, it did make our stay a bit more uncomfortable! We had a large corner room with a huge private balcony. Location was fabulous-

Room Tip: 7am church bells if you are on that side of the hotel- pretty sure you could hear them everywhere th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am incredibly sorry for the noise you experienced from the air conditioner while staying with us. I agree, these mechanical sounds must have been disturbing and aggravating. Admittedly, some rooms have heating/cooling units that are louder than others. We are investing more than $300,000 dollars over the next two years to fix this problem. I hope to convince you to return and experience the service and accommodations we are known for. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Stefan Huber
ATX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and friends decided to visit S Fe and had picked this place as the place to stay from Saturday evening to Friday morning.

Here are the pros:
Downtown and close to everything....
Room was an ok size for a family of four, I just would have liked more drawers for clothes and a bigger closet. I didn't care for the closet being in the RR....
Bed was comfy and place was clean and safe for sleeping.
Pool was nice...kids loved it...
Staff especially the valet parking was excellent..very helpful and informative in helping 1st timers in where to eat and go.
Bar area had a great happy hour and food choice and taste was excellent.

Cons:
Our AC was not working properly basically the whole time I was there. The 1st night it took till midnight for the room to cool down. The 2nd night it took till 3 am to cool down....the 3rd night the same and finally I said something to the clerk on the eve of our 4th night...but the maintenance had already left for the night.

I forgot to call the next day again and so dealt with another half hot night....we finally said something at a decent hour our final night and they tried to fix it. They could not and so moved us to another room...that AC worked fine.

Our friends had no problem with their AC and loved their room.
Other cons:

Limited drawer space and closet space for families of 4 who are staying longer than 2 days....
Their concierge was helpful but didn't keep her word and failed to book our friends and our dinner reservations.

Overall, though..for what we paid and what we got...I am happy with it and would bring my family and friends back.....just next time the AC is not up to par..I will speak up faster than I did on this trip and would definitely complain about how the concierge didn't keep her word.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great spot to "do" Santa Fe. Rooms are bit dark. Beds are comfortable. Can be noisy especially with neighbors who are loud. Ask for 3-4th floor away from Chapel if you want a quieter area. A/C noisy. Staff was particularly helpful, but check-in personnel were not as gracious as they should have been. I had booked two rooms for my family and only one of our rooms was given an upgrade. They made no effort to try and accommodate or change the other room (we were there for 7 days). Bar staff, and valets were very friendly and attentive. Pool was fine for our needs with 6 year old. Over priced rooms and resent paying $18 parking fee every day - rip off.
Food at Luminaria was excellent.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor south side
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn and Spa at Loretto? Share your experiences!