I bid on Priceline and got this hotel; Priceline gave it 3 stars - I think the hotel needs to work a bit harder for that rating. Here's the bad: i was given a room with a faucet leaking on the floor and that hadn't been cleaned for a new guest (i.e. bed had been made but the sheets weren't clean, clean towels but there was a used shampoo bottle on the floor, carpets not thoroughly vacuumed, if at all). The front desk quickly switched me to a different room which was relatively clean - there were cobwebs on the ceiling beams and it smelled a bit musty and the coffee maker didn't work, but OK. As in other reviews, the towels are thin, the bed linens pilled, the mattresses old, and the bedspreads have seen better days. I spent an entire day walking around Santa Fe and wanted nothing to come back to the hotel and soak in the hot tub outside, which I found out from the front desk had been broken for more than 3 days, after I tried to turn it on. I would like to see refrigerators in the rooms, and the staff could use some sort of uniform or dress code to look more professional. The parking lot could use better lighting in front. As a single female traveling alone, I noticed the lack of lighting.
Here's the good: the hotel is in a beautiful location even though it is too far from the plaza to walk. Much nicer than the less expensive places on Cerillos Rd. I had a car and didn't take the hotel-offered shuttle, so I cannot speak to that amenity. Good toiletries (Rusk). Staff was nice and they will print your boarding pass, but they do charge to use a computer (huh?).
In summary: the hotel needs to step it up, especially in the cleanliness and maintenance areas. I wouldn't consider this a destination hotel, more a place to sleep. I don't have anything else to compare it to in Santa Fe, but I stayed at a 3 star chain hotel in Albuquerque for less money, and was more satisfied.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Lodge Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Santa Fe is fully decorated to celebrate the wonder and awe of the Southwest’s most notable city. Located just five minutes to the Santa Fe plaza and historic attractions, the Lodge at Santa Fe is a unique hotel with cultural style. Gardunos restaurant onsite serves fresh 'New Mexican' cuisine, and our guests enjoy hand crafted furniture and breathtaking architecture. Beautiful stone flooring, Native American weavings patterns and weavings, and spacious suites with Kiva fireplaces are all part of the experience. The Lodge at Santa Fe has a complimentary shuttle to the historic Santa Fe plaza, plus free WiFi and parking. Experience the magic of Santa Fe when you book your visit at The Lodge at Santa Fe. "Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Lodge at Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.