“Mixed feelings-I think I'd stay somewhere else if I had it to do over.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Limited Time - Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Littleton, CO
“Mixed feelings-I think I'd stay somewhere else if I had it to do over.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

The reviews I read were mixed, so I was hoping for the best, but after staying there I found myself agreeing with some of the negative reviews.
The good: The front desk people were always very helpful and polite. The price was reasonable. The bed was comfortable. Overall pretty clean.
The bad: Towels & washcloths were very worn, bedspread had a tear-not in good shape, NOISE from rooms next to us was really bad (We could hear their toilet flush (toilets are super loud!), sinks run, heard talking, and doors slamming shut.), and chairs in room were uncomfortable.
The noise was the biggest issue. The first night I was ready to do whatever necessary to cancel our 2nd night, and if it hadn't already been charged on our credit card, we would have found someplace else to stay. The second night wasn't as noisy, maybe we didn't have neighbors.
Be aware of these issues if you decide to stay there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
donaldvHPR, Reg. Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Thank you for your feedback during your stay. We would like to apologize about the noise that you experienced while staying with us at the Lodge. We are thankful that our desk staff was able to assist you with your needs. We hope that even if you don't join us at the Lodge, that we can service your needs at one of our other 2 properties here in Santa Fe! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
St louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I have to say that this hotel is the worst I have ever been in. The room had a mold musty smell that was horrible. Really tired hard to over come the smell but the bed linens and towel and hand towels in the bathroom were disgusting. I can not imagine that a respectable faciltiy would place ragged/falling apart towels in a bathroom. Pitiful.....I was there for 30 mins and checked out. I ended up at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa for $199 a night, stay 2 nights get 3rd free. I actually was going to pay $140 per night for the Lodge at Santa Fe....Please do not stay at this hotel

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
donaldvHPR, Reg. Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Sorry you had an unpleasant experience with us. If given the opportunity, our front office staff would have been more than happy to relocate you to another room of your liking prior to departing the property. As of now, we have ordered and have started to replace all linens and towels throughout the property. Again I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us. If ever in santa fe please stop by one of our other 2 properties and we can assure you a great nights stay. Thank you!
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

This hotel had very mixed reviews, but I had to book it because it was one of the cheaper hotels in Santa Fe. The hotel wasn't bad at all! It is located on a hill and has amazing views of the mountains and of Santa Fe. The pool and hot tub could be updated, but they weren't horrible. The bedroom/bathroom were clean, yet the downfall is that they need to update there bedding. There is a shuttle from the hotel that runs from 9 in the morning till 9 at night on the hour into the city center. I would recommend taking this because a taxi from the city center to the hotel is $14! If you go into town I would try eating at the Ore House one night, reasonable prices for food that wasn't bad. I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Santa Fe for another weekend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Salida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

We planned a quick trip to Santa Fe. We chose the Lodge for this stay. Although not in the historic district we found the location very convenient, We planned to ride our bicycles around the area and the location of the lodge kept us away from the narrow traffic clogged streets. The complimentary transportation to the Plaza was an unexpected pleasure and allowed us to enjoy the numerous dining and shopping opportunities. The staff was attentive and quite friendly. It was a pleasure talking with Bo the bar manager, a life long Santa Fe resident. In today's economic environment it is nice to find a great hotel value in Santa Fe.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

A friend recommended we check this hotel out, and we were a little cautious from some of the reviews that had been left, but The Lodge DID NOT DISSAPOINT.
First, for those looking for a resort, it is not. We were looking for affordable lodging with reasonable access to the sites/attractions of Santa Fe, and we got just that. They offer a free shuttle to the Plaza, which is much better than paying $10-20 a day to park which was the other option. The hotel manager was even running the shuttle on one afternoon and was extremely courteous and kind, for someone who probably had much better things to do. I've never left feedback on, really any product, much less a hotel, but we so enjoyed our stay so much that I thought it deserved the good word. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed there on 9/24/09 and it was awful. The place was dirty and our room smelled stale. There was a hole in our top sheet and the towels were worn and so old that it was difficult to dry your self off after a shower. The A/C was so loud we had to turn it off. There was a ridge and division in our king size bed that my husband did not sleep. We figured why ask for a different room since I am sure they were all the same. The carpets up to the cocktail area were stained and dirty and the drinks were awful and over priced at $18. The bartender and server gossiped loudly while we were there . Very unprofessional.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
donaldvHPR, Reg. Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We are sincerely sorry that your stay here with us was less then satisfactory. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedding relieving us of any unsightly linens that may be on property.

Also our apologies in regards to the service you received at the bar. We are here to serve you and it is 100% unsatisfactory to be given poor service by a guest service agent.

Thank you for staying with us here at the Lodge at Santa Fe and we hope that in the future you can give us another shot at making your stay most enjoyable, whether it be here or at one of our other Santa Fe properties.

Thank you again.
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Here we sit at 8:00 want something to eat? Nothing here. We went to the bar to have a little drink and a little something to eat. We were told they have no food here. Yes, I was shocked. How can you be a Hotel & Resort and have nothing to eat for your guest. They have room service with nothing and they list a menu. This and other things mean "Don't Do IT!"

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
donaldvHPR, Reg. Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry we were unable to accommodate you for your dinner needs. Unfortunately, as our website lists, our restaurant is seasonal and we have limited services during certain times of the year. Thank you for your comments.

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!