“Pretty hotel but hard to find!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Exclusive Offer-Save 25%
Ranked #41 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Prescott, Arizona
“Pretty hotel but hard to find!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We spent an hour trying to locate this hotel from the address given on the booking only to find out the address was incorrect! When we checked in the desk clerk was apologetic and said that they have been finding it difficult to get the websites to correct the error. Once we located it, we found a lovely room with typical Santa Fe décor--native carpets, ladders to hold the towels, interesting furnishings-- a very comfortable room. The beds were comfy and had plenty of pillows. Toiletries were provided as well as free internet. In the morning we looked for the onsite restaurant for breakfast and wandered around the premises for a while trying to locate the entrance. As it turns out you need to go up the stairs in the lobby to the second floor and find it yourself. There are literally NO signs directing you and the desk staff were busy when we went to ask. We found our way to a patio with a nice view of the valley and one waitress to service the three occupied tables. the fare was not your typical breakfast of bacon and eggs, but rather very interesting dishes using Santa Fe style and ingredients. I had a delicious 'sandwich' of sourdough bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, avocado and fresh tomatoes, served with country potatoes and a fruit garnish. Service was somewhat slow, but the food and view were good enough to compensate. Prices were higher than IHOP, but typical for a hotel meal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear abudebbie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us! It is true our GPS address is different than that listed on the 3rd party sites. For future guests reading this post we are located at 744 Calle Mejia, Santa Fe, NM 87501. This address is also listed on our website. I am glad you were able to enjoy our traditional New Mexican decor and cuisine during your trip. We put our focus on providing and authentic cultural experience when visiting Santa Fe. We hope to see you again soon!

Tom A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We hosted a company sales retreat for offices in 6 different states, and had meetings for two days in the Kahchina Ballroom. I must say I was thrilled with the customer service. The meetings went off without a hitch, breaks were timed pefectly for snacks, and we were checked on quite often by the staff. To my knowledge everyone in our group including myself was very happy with the rooms and facilities. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant, cocktails in the bar in the evening, and more than several complimentary shuttle rides to town. This is not a brand new property, but definitely has the Santa Fe feel and flair. I stayed in the Anasazi Kiva suite so that I could do some entertaining in my room, and it was absolutely awesome. I really hope to be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear ezdays,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our property. We had a great time with your group! I will pass your notes along to our awesome banquet staff who made your experience so special. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again next year!

El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a junior suite with plenty of space with table and chairs, coffee maker, refrig and microwave. We bought food at the farmer's market for breakfast the next day.
Staff is friendly. We had a minor problem with the toilet which was attended to within 10 mins on a Sunday morning. Nothing fancy but a clean, comfortable place to stay at $140/night that is close to the Plaza.
You might hear the people upstairs walking which didn't bother us. This might be an issue if you are a light sleeper.

Dear Michelle2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy our property and staff during your trip to our beautiful city. The Farmer's Market is a local favorite! I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We are on our "belated honeymoon" and have traveled from Oklahoma to California and back, and this is the nicest of the rooms we have seen. The hotel was so sweet in upgrading us to the kiva suite. It is like having a studio apt with a terrace. We had dinner at the hotel, and our waiter was so kind in telling us places to go... We will definitely be back!!!!!

Room Tip: The Kiva suite is the best.... Can't beat this place.....(Rm. #423)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Sweetkatie69,

Congratulations on your honeymoon! Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Feel free to come back any time we will be happy to have you!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My friends and I used a Living Social deal to book 4 nights. My friends in one room and me in another. I booked mine first. When my friends reserved theirs, they specifically asked for a room close to mine. The hotel said this was not a problem. I arrived first and was again assured that their room was across from mine. My friends' flight had been cancelled and they would not arrive until the next morning. The front desk said they would continue to hold the room. However when they arrived the next morning, the 2 men at the front desk said the room had been given to some one else at 9am. He corrected himself to say 9pm. My friend had talked to the hotel at midnight so someone LIED! The room had already been given to another guest! Furthermore we had paid for 4 nights so that room was paid for in full. The hotel made a sweet little profit. No voucher was offered for their trouble, instead they were placed on the other side of the hotel which could not have been further from my room. Extremely poor customer service. We dined in the hotel restaurant once and I would not return. Taco salad was missing flavor, the fruit salad was also below average. Good margaritas though. The maintenance man was very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean and updated. It's too bad that their poor service skills overshadowed what was otherwise a very relaxing vacation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Corrina S,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in the service at our property. We strive to meet all of our guest requests. Unfortunately on occasion these things do happen. I wish you had spoken with me about this experience as I would have been happy to compensate you for this misfortune. Please feel free to contact me with any future questions of concerns.

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

A couple weeks ago I was driving from Arizona to Colorado alone. I decided to stop in Santa Fe because it was getting dark and I was exhausted. I found a great deal for the Lodge at Santa Fe, so I booked it! As I entered Albuquerque I began to have a panic attack due to drinking 3 red bulls, eating only chex mix, and driving for 8 hours on only a few hours of sleep (packing the night before took a lot longer than anticipated). When I arrived at the Lodge at Santa Fe at about 10 p.m., I was very weary and distressed. The young lady at the front desk could tell I was upset and consulted and talk to me to calm me down. She was so sweet and personal, and truly cared about me. When I walked into the room I was surprised how nice it was for the price I paid. The room was clean, large, and a wonderful ambiance. Unfortunately when I woke up the next day to hit the road again, I forgot my iPad under my covers. I didn't realize that I left my iPad until I got home the next day. I immediately called the hotel and left a message with house keeping because it was late and they weren't there. Christina Gonzalez from house keeping called me back and and reported that she had found an iPad in the same room I stayed in. She charged the iPad to make sure it was mine and the hotel sent it to me the same day! Only being 20 and in college I usually do not care how well the staff is. But until then I've never encountered a staff that truly cared about their customers and their well-being. The fact that they worked so hard to get my iPad back to me so fast is unbelievable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Katrina E,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our staff and facility. We pride ourselves on customer service, and I will be sure to pass your notes along to my staff so they may keep up the good work! We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We recently had our wedding at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We stayed there 3 nights as did many family members. We checked in late and went to our room and then straight to dinner at their restaurant. The margaritas were fantastic and so was their salsa. The food was Ehh not fantastic but not horrible. Once coming back to our room we realized it wouldn't work as we had our two kids. They had no problems moving us with no surcharge. The staff was fantastic from the front desk person, to the banquet staff, to the sales manager who handled the wedding planning. They went above and beyond what we had ordered and with many requests from us and family they handled them with ease.
The hotel room was clean and spacious. Room service was there daily and great. The pool wasn't open yet but they were cleaning it so I imagine soon. We were missing a remote in our room for the tv and they fixed that right away. Check out and in was easy and quick. The view is beautiful and the grounds were fantastic to have the wedding on.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Barbara S,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so glad you were able to enjoy our property for your wedding! We do have beautiful event space and love catering to our wedding parties. I will pass your notes along to my staff and managers. We hope to see you again soon!

Tom A

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!