“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
'Tis the Season-Save 25%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Amarillo, Texas
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stay here a few times a year. If we can book a reasonable rate ($90 or less), I would say its a good value. The property itself is pretty, but we were there in April and the swimming area could sure use some attention. The pool was still covered, some of the chairs had torn fabric and bird poop, and the hot tub was out of order. They did forget to clean our room one day of a 4 night stay. The view is nice. Parking is fair. They really need to update the televisions. They are not flat screen, and the picture in every room we have stayed in seems like there is a loose connection it is so fuzzy. We still enjoy this hotel, it has a nice Santa Fe feel. We will be back hoping to see improvements.

• Stayed April 2014
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Thebryano,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. It is always great to hear feedback from our return guests. We are constantly working on improvements and upgrades to our property and you can look forward to seeing some changes on your next visit! Thank you again for your patronage. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Tom A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had such a wonderful stay in Santa Fe. The Lodge is very, very comfortable and they are so welcoming, thoughtful and kind. The front office manager Tom went above and beyond to make us comfortable in our stay. Because of my husband's physical disabilities he made sure the room was perfect for his needs. The rooms are so warm and cozy, very clean and well appointed. Everyone that works there is wonderful and very professional. The bed was soooo comfortable and cozy and I felt refreshed upon waking.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper level have a great view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear DMKB,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and your husband while you were visiting our city! We look forward to seeing you again!

Amarillo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all, booking this hotel based on both Expedia's information as well as The Lodge's website one would think you were staying downtown (not even) and/or with a view of downtown (wrong again). I attempted to address the blatant misrepresentation with a manager and was met with rude dismissive demeanor stating "the lodge HAS a beautiful scenic view of downtown" which is a lie. If you are facing a certain way you have a view of the cemetery across the highway and that's about it.
Secondly, when the tv didn't work and the sink sprung a leak that ruined all my personal items on the vanity the staff acted like they literally could not have cared less. Although I will say the handyman seemed to be the only person on staff that had an ounce of work ethic.
Lastly, overall I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone...ever. Many issues can be forgiven but the staff's utter lack of professionalism is one that cannot.

• Stayed April 2014
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear LanaAnderton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very sorry to hear or your experience at our property. I wish I had known about these issues at the time of your stay. We try to accommodate all guest rooming requests based on availability. Being about a mile from the Plaza, we offer a complementary shuttle service to and from the downtown center. I am admittedly a bit shocked by your comments regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and these are issues we take very seriously. I would love to follow up with you regarding these concerns so I may address them for the future.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Nice place to stay for the night. Clean and very friendly staff. The room towels and soaps are horrendous. Some of the worst I have ever used. Think 1950 truck stop. Besides that I was pleasantly surprised of the value and decor of the hotel. I will stay again just bring my own soaps and towels.

• Stayed April 2014
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear atwunder,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe, I am glad you were able to enjoy our property and staff. I am sorry to hear of your experience with the soap and towels. I am looking into the matter in order to better serve you in the future. I hope to see you again soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Where do I begin....hmmmm. Upon check-in I discovered that I had two beds. Normally I call a hotel after booking a room to make requests but I did not this time. My bad I guess. I asked if the hotel was at full capacity because I wanted to know if there was a single bed room available. I was told by Tom the manager, "You did use Priceline. The only thing that guarantees you is a room." Well you should know that your property uses Priceline to fill the rooms that you can't fill on your own!! I have been using Priceline for over six years and have never been spoken to like that at any property. I called the front the desk the morning following check-in to ask for hand soap (bar soap for the sink) because the only thing that was stocked in our bathroom was towels, washcloths, a small bottle of shampoo and a small bottle of lotion . The young lady told me to give her a few minutes and someone would bring it to us. Wow, I thought soap was standard in a room. No one ever came. I'm really glad that I travel with all of my toiletries at all times.There was a huge nail sticking out of a piece of furniture that scratched up my husband's leg. When I reported it to the front desk, in person, they just blew it off. Really??? To me, the only thing that made our stay worth it was the staff in the restaurant. Very, very attentive and polite. The location of the hotel is ok if you are driving. They do have a shuttle that will take you to downtown which is a few minutes away. Food options are minimal as there is only one restaurant onsite. I must say I was definitely disappointed, especially since I really wanted to stay at this property, with the treatment we received. We are new to the state and this property is definitely off my list for staycations.

Room Tip: I don't have any helpful tips on room selection. Just make sure that nothing has nails sticking...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Kutiepie74,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I apologize about the confusion of room type, we do try to accommodate all of our guest requests when room types are available. Your comments are quite concerning to me and I have shared them with my staff. Customer service is of utmost importance to us here and I have taken measures to improve communication and responsiveness to guest requests in the future. I am happy you were able to enjoy Garduno's during your stay. We are very lucky to have them here on site. I hope you would choose to give us another chance to show you how great we can be.

Los Lunas, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel reminds me of a Super 8. Below average room and common areas filty. Bathrooms old and dirty, the chalk around shower black with mold and needing to be redone. The carpets in the hall ways and stairs are in dire need of cleaning and the flag stone in the lobby is very dirty. The Gardunos restraurant floors were also very dirty. Overall not a good experience. STAY ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Lodge at Santa Fe.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear mike3468,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your stay. We do have an older property in which we strive to keep the cultural significance of Santa Fe alive. I apologize that is was not up to your expectations. Guest comfort is of utmost importance to us. I have shared your note with my housekeeping and restaurant staff and the cleanliness issues you had mentioned have been resolved. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention so we can be sure to better serve you in the future.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I made a point to get up early to go get donuts at whoo's (which we heard were awesome). Since we were road tripping for the day going to a spa and taking a semi Breaking Bad tour in Albuquerque, we decided to bring the donuts back to the room as to not leave them in the car. We then return from our day trip and I decided I wanted a donut. What do I discover when I open the box? THE HOUSEKEEPER HELPED HERSELF TO OUR DONUTS!! Surprisingly, she only took one of the four in the box, but she took the one I wanted the most and was looking forward to. I'm glad we elected to take our valuables with us since the room didn't have a safe but never in my wildest imagination would I ever think that my donuts would be stolen.

The response from the front desk, in specific tom, was swift. It is his response that has earned the neutral rating I provided. It is a conveniently located hotel but is in need of some serious updating. More importantly, my sense of security of leaving anything in my hotel room during future travels is gone. I look forward to hearing from the manager or this room attendants supervisor.

Dear Will R,

I remember your situation well. I admit I was a bit shocked to hear of your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. This is the first I have heard of any issue of this nature at our property. I put full trust in my housekeeping staff and I know you are aware of the full investigation we are conducting to find out what may have happened to your missing property. I am glad we were able to accommodate you so quickly and I look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe.

Tom A

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!