“Nice Hotel in Santa Fe” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Exclusive Offer-Save 25%
Ranked #41 of 60 hotels in Santa Fe
Denver, Colorado
“Nice Hotel in Santa Fe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Nice place to stay for the night. Clean and very friendly staff. The room towels and soaps are horrendous. Some of the worst I have ever used. Think 1950 truck stop. Besides that I was pleasantly surprised of the value and decor of the hotel. I will stay again just bring my own soaps and towels.

• Stayed April 2014
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear atwunder,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe, I am glad you were able to enjoy our property and staff. I am sorry to hear of your experience with the soap and towels. I am looking into the matter in order to better serve you in the future. I hope to see you again soon.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Where do I begin....hmmmm. Upon check-in I discovered that I had two beds. Normally I call a hotel after booking a room to make requests but I did not this time. My bad I guess. I asked if the hotel was at full capacity because I wanted to know if there was a single bed room available. I was told by Tom the manager, "You did use Priceline. The only thing that guarantees you is a room." Well you should know that your property uses Priceline to fill the rooms that you can't fill on your own!! I have been using Priceline for over six years and have never been spoken to like that at any property. I called the front the desk the morning following check-in to ask for hand soap (bar soap for the sink) because the only thing that was stocked in our bathroom was towels, washcloths, a small bottle of shampoo and a small bottle of lotion . The young lady told me to give her a few minutes and someone would bring it to us. Wow, I thought soap was standard in a room. No one ever came. I'm really glad that I travel with all of my toiletries at all times.There was a huge nail sticking out of a piece of furniture that scratched up my husband's leg. When I reported it to the front desk, in person, they just blew it off. Really??? To me, the only thing that made our stay worth it was the staff in the restaurant. Very, very attentive and polite. The location of the hotel is ok if you are driving. They do have a shuttle that will take you to downtown which is a few minutes away. Food options are minimal as there is only one restaurant onsite. I must say I was definitely disappointed, especially since I really wanted to stay at this property, with the treatment we received. We are new to the state and this property is definitely off my list for staycations.

Room Tip: I don't have any helpful tips on room selection. Just make sure that nothing has nails sticking...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Kutiepie74,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I apologize about the confusion of room type, we do try to accommodate all of our guest requests when room types are available. Your comments are quite concerning to me and I have shared them with my staff. Customer service is of utmost importance to us here and I have taken measures to improve communication and responsiveness to guest requests in the future. I am happy you were able to enjoy Garduno's during your stay. We are very lucky to have them here on site. I hope you would choose to give us another chance to show you how great we can be.

Kind Regards,

Los Lunas, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel reminds me of a Super 8. Below average room and common areas filty. Bathrooms old and dirty, the chalk around shower black with mold and needing to be redone. The carpets in the hall ways and stairs are in dire need of cleaning and the flag stone in the lobby is very dirty. The Gardunos restraurant floors were also very dirty. Overall not a good experience. STAY ELSEWHERE!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Lodge at Santa Fe.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear mike3468,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am so sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your stay. We do have an older property in which we strive to keep the cultural significance of Santa Fe alive. I apologize that is was not up to your expectations. Guest comfort is of utmost importance to us. I have shared your note with my housekeeping and restaurant staff and the cleanliness issues you had mentioned have been resolved. Thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention so we can be sure to better serve you in the future.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I made a point to get up early to go get donuts at whoo's (which we heard were awesome). Since we were road tripping for the day going to a spa and taking a semi Breaking Bad tour in Albuquerque, we decided to bring the donuts back to the room as to not leave them in the car. We then return from our day trip and I decided I wanted a donut. What do I discover when I open the box? THE HOUSEKEEPER HELPED HERSELF TO OUR DONUTS!! Surprisingly, she only took one of the four in the box, but she took the one I wanted the most and was looking forward to. I'm glad we elected to take our valuables with us since the room didn't have a safe but never in my wildest imagination would I ever think that my donuts would be stolen.

The response from the front desk, in specific tom, was swift. It is his response that has earned the neutral rating I provided. It is a conveniently located hotel but is in need of some serious updating. More importantly, my sense of security of leaving anything in my hotel room during future travels is gone. I look forward to hearing from the manager or this room attendants supervisor.

Dear Will R,

I remember your situation well. I admit I was a bit shocked to hear of your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. This is the first I have heard of any issue of this nature at our property. I put full trust in my housekeeping staff and I know you are aware of the full investigation we are conducting to find out what may have happened to your missing property. I am glad we were able to accommodate you so quickly and I look forward to your next visit to Santa Fe.

Kind Regards,

Las Cruces
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Rooms have been re-modeled and were clean and nice. Purchased a Living Social special for $59 so with this it was a tremendous value and the location was perfect for our particular trip that was traveling to northern wineries.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear JoeMed,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We are offering some special rates this time of year to make your Santa Fe vacation relaxing and affordable. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had suites at The Lodge. The rooms were large, the bathrooms were extremely tiny, the mattress was bought last decade and was horrible. The sheets and towels need to be replaced. The carpet needs to be cleaned. Management is not watching the details, like a coffee pot in the room with no cups, or used glasses that weren't replaces. Also the TV is way too small. Would not go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tom A, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear SCardwell61,

Thank you for your review of The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the room. Our property was built in the traditional New Mexican style and we strive to promote the cultural significance of the area with our decor. I am personally looking into the issues you addressed above to ensure details are not overlooked in the future. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to show you just how great we can be in the future.

Kind regards,

Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed 6 nights while participating in a Road's Scholar program. The room was large, clean and comfortable. There were meeting and dining rooms just for our group. The distance from downtown Santa Fe required using the shuttle that was provided by the hotel but there was a large shopping center within walking distance-if you don't mind walking up hill on the return hike. Staff, especially Robert who managed the rooms for the group, and Kristin at the front desk, were very personable and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mary H.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge at Santa Fe. I am very glad to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us. We are very proud of our staff and facilities and we look forward to serving you again!

Tom A

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!