“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
'Tis the Season-Save 25%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Hudson, Florida
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was there in the winter, but the pool looked like fun during the summer. It is conveniently located to downtown and the casinos just to the north. The room was nicely decorated, quite and safe. There is also a restuarant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear JENEinVEGAS,

Thank you for taking some time to review The Lodge at Santa Fe following your stay.

We are lucky to be in such a convenient locations, and to have such wonderful decor.

I hope you had a great time in Santa Fe and you stay with us again when you come back.

Susan C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I did not have a reservation and walked in after 1:00 am. The reservationist was extremely helpful and welcoming. She gave me a great reduced rate for the late. The best feature was a comfortable bed with fresh linens & lots of pillows. The shower had terrible water pressure. The window covering was a bamboo roman shade. It was next to impossible to lower. Then in the morning it provided no privacy if opened at all. Overall I was grateful to have found a room.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi Artsyjo,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay at The Lodge. While I'm happy to know how our staff was able to accommodate you and that you found our bed comfortable, I'm sorry that you had issues with our shower and window shade.

I appreciate knowing about those issues, and staff have been made aware of them.

I hope you stay at The Lodge again the next time you visit Santa Fe or pass through!

Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I got a great deal online while in Santa Fe for a 2 night stay. While not in walking distance to the center it was very close by car. They also have Salsa night Friday nights at the bar with free Salsa lessons followed by dancing. Great fun! The room was tastefully decorated with First Nation theme. And it was quiet and very comfortable. Got 2 nights for less than what you would pay for one night in the more centrally located hotels. I shall return!

• Stayed October 2013
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hi Sigrid B.,

Our Friday night Salsa dances are really something great, and I'm happy to hear that you joined us for one!

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts about our unique decor and rooms, too.

I hope you ad a good time in Santa Fe and we look forward to seeing you again when you return.

Arden, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a spacious hotel but to get to the tourist area you need the shuttle which supposedly runs on the hour, the hotel wasn't busy so they asked us to phonefrom the sister hotel near the Plaza when we needed a pick up on the hour. It's afive minute driver but both nights we waited 45 minutes, apparently the desk forgot to tell the driver. The weight machine in the fitness centre is a joke - most of the attachments are missing making the machine largely inoperable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hi Martinloney,

Thank you for letting us know about the problem you experienced with our shuttle service. I'm sorry you had a wait. We're working to make sure the service is efficient and consistent.

I hope you enjoyed visiting the city of Santa Fe, and have the opportunity to come again. Please consider giving us another chance when you return.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

First off, let me say that I was a little nervous after reading the reviews. We stayed here for a week as part of a package we purchased from RCI, so our price was good. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Here's the good and the bad. We found the staff to be pleasant, professional, and very helpful. They went out of their way to volunteer help and information. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff to the shuttle driver and cleaning staff. The hall carpets are stained and dirty in places (this made me nervous), but our room was spotless. The room was in need of some repairs--there was water damage above the cooling/heating unit and on the ceiling and our blind drooped on one side, but the rest of the room was not worn, dirty or dated and decorated in a nice southwest style. Our room had king bed, chair with ottoman, desk, armoir (no closet), and stand for suitcase with plenty of room to move around. The heat worked great to take the chill out in the mornings. The bathroom was spotless--not a hint of mold or mildew--but the bathrooms are older. The bathroom is small with older tile in the shower (I would have liked one of those shower curtains in a half circle, though). The sink is solid stone and the floors are newly tiled. If you were a very large person, it could feel cramped in here. There is a little clothes line over the tub, so you can hang hand wash. I would have liked a refrigerator, and a safe would have been nice. Pool was closed, but the area looked very nice. I liked the location. It is away from the plaza on a busy road, but set back so there isn't noise. We walked to town from here several times during our stay--so it is walkable. To the plaza, it is just about a mile and stores and restaurants start before that. Grocery stores and restaurants in a strip mall about a half mile away. There is a free shuttle for those who don't care to walk (there is some uphill coming back up to the hotel). The hotel is older, so the walls are thin and that was annoying. I always wonder why some people have to speak so loudly in the halls at hotels. The TV was old--no high def--but we weren't in Santa Fe to watch TV. I found the location great if you wanted to drive out of town for hiking (we did), for getting to Taos, and for some of the great restaurants away from the Plaza. You aren't in the middle of the mall-type shopping areas like hotels on Cerillos Rd, so don't have to fight traffic every time you go out. If you can get this at the right price, I think it's a good option for those looking for value and who don't want or need to be right in the downtown area. We were content and comfortable here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Eube,

Thank you for giving us a chance and for reporting back on your stay. We like our guests to feel welcomed and comfortable and I'm glad to hear that you did. I'm also happy to know that you enjoyed our location. We're lucky to be in such a great part of the city.

Thank you also for your room critiques. I've let appropriate staff know.

I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This place was OK. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. But it is a bit run-down. The walls are very thin... I could hear my neighbor snoring through the wall. The floors creak when you walk. The pipes are very loud when you flush the toilet. And the location was not near the in-town area -- there is no place nice to walk to right from the Lodge. They had a restaurant that was nice. All in all, more like a motel than a "lodge".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sandra S, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear FrappyBongo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate it. First, let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We are currently fixing the issues you found with this room. In addition, we are working on improving the overall appearance of The Lodge. We hope that you'll consider returning in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Sandra
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm a bit surprised at some of the not so good reviews on here as we really loved the lodge. The room was big, clean and really comfortable. The swimming pool area was a decent size and was really clean with fluffy towels provided. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the guy serving us was really friendly and efficient while the food was pretty good. I loved that the hotel provide a free shuttle tot he town square and back- our driver was like a walking guidebook! We found the front desk staff to be helpful and accommodating throughout and they fitted us in no problem when we decided to stay an extra night- would absolutely love to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra S, Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Good Morning Debbiek47,

We are so excited to hear that you had a great time here at The Lodge. We have been working diligently to improve our TripAdvisor reviews, by improving our customer service for each and every guest. Please come back, we would love to have you. And thanks again for such a nice review.

Warmest Regards,
Sandra

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!