“Solid choice in Santa Fe” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Limited Time - Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Solid choice in Santa Fe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

While this isn't a very fancy choice while staying in Santa Fe, it is budget- and family-friendly. It's in a great and very quiet location along one of the main roads through town and just a few minute's drive to the plaza. Our son loved the pool area and we loved the margaritas from Gardunos, which we enjoyed in the pool area! We stayed in a Junior Suite that was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed. Two small complaints: a) the television was smaller, tube-style, and placed far from either the bed or the couch, making it somewhat hard to watch. b) the shower head was placed so low that I had to bend over backwards to get my hair wet - at only 5'5" this was a new experience for me and I can't imagine what anybody of average height would have to do to get the job done! Overall for your money it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Room 401 is a junior suite, located on the upper floor and on the end of the complex - very quiet an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

stayed 3 nights (buy 2 get 3rd night free). great location off St Francis Drive. Good size Spanish/pueblo style room and very quiet. Room has coffee maker, hairdryer in bathroom. Nice pool with lounge area. Great price for Santa Fe.
Breakfast not included but has Gardunos restaurant. Overall a great place to stay and easy access to Santa Fe as well as Opera.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
La Paz, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Lodge at Santa Fe is a little off the beaten path, but it's definitely worth the drive! We were upgraded to a Junior Suite and the room was very large, comfortable and well appointed. We were visiting friends in Santa Fe, so we didn't make full use of the facilities, but when we return to Santa Fe this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: If travelling north or south on I-25, exit at St. Francis Drive and head north about 4 miles. The Lo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although the hotel needs updating in many areas, it was clean and served its purpose. Found the front desk staff very helpful and friendly. The event staff did a great job on the wedding planning and the reception dinner was very good. It is conveniently located and offered a free shuttle to the plaza that is nearby museums and attractions. Wish we would have had time for the Flamingo show.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall, excellent. From the front desk people to our room location to the on site Flamango show, this was more than worth the money. The front desk people, Tom and Nicole, were so accomodating and both answered my many questions and had excellent recommendations too (if you like wine tasting, try Vin del Corazon just blocks from the plaza). Our room had a great view of the pool and was easily accessible for my mom from the parking area. Finally, we finished out our three night stay by watching the outstanding Juan Siddi Flamango show. Ole!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We're having a staycation here at The Lodge at Santa Fe. We live 5 minutes away, but enjoy different scenery. Out of curiosity, I checked out the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Before looking I knew this place wouldn't receive overwhelming amounts of high ratings, however, I am a little surprised they're so low.

It seems to be a matter of perspective. Maybe, if you travel a lot and are familiar with high end 5-Star resorts, this will be a huge disappointment. As of this date, there aren't HDTVs in the rooms; decor is dated; the grassy green space by the pool is filled with fake grass, the cement sidewalks are chipped & cracked, and the lounge chairs aside the pool are torn and would have been long ago replaced at finer establishments.

Maybe though, if you rarely get time away from work and life, this will be a nice getaway. If you don't travel much and The Lodge at Santa Fe is the first place you've stayed in a year or two or more, then you may enjoy it. Worn & outdated, yes, but the rooms and facilities are still clean, maintained, and beautiful. They have followed the trend of changing over to white bedspreads. That's worth something.

Here are a few pointers:

~ I'm just figuring out that you can get a better deal by calling the hotel (most all of them) directly. I mention that I'm a local looking for a staycation and am wondering if they have any special deals they can offer local folks. If they're aren't at capacity, they will give you a deal. This room today was offered at $109 on Orbitz, Priceline, etc, but I called the front desk and they offered me $89.

~ When checking in, I asked the front desk fella if he had any complimentary upgrades. He responded that for $20 more I could have the Jr. Suite. I asked if it was nice and he said convincingly, "Oh, yes. It's good." We walked in, then walked back out. There were a few extra inches between the foot of the bed and the TV, a little nook near the bathroom, a little (not mini) fridge, and an awkwardly placed couch. $20 more it wasn't worth it to me and by no means constituted a suite. In my reality, a suite has a kitchenette. The Kiva Suite is the really nice one, so I'm told. All the suites are the 400 room numbers. 409, 410, 423, and 424 are Kiva Suites. The rest are glorified regular rooms.

~ I've had great experiences with all the staff. Very helpful and friendly.

~ The restaurant, Gardunos, is expensive by my judgment and food reviews seem mixed. A quesadilla is $10; breakfast dry cereal is $4.95; pastries are around $3. Not airport outrageous, but...eh. I'm so spoiled by great restaurants here in Santa Fe, that mixed reviews on food I know I can find deliciously elsewhere, will turn me away. I didn't chance it.

~ The fitness room is small, yet nice. Newer equipment and a bathroom. It's probably a converted room.

Although I would stay here again, I probably won't.

Room Tip: If you're upgrading to a Jr. Suite, insist on seeing the suite first to see if it's up to yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Overall, we were very happy with our stay. The view of the mountains was beautiful, and it was great having both a patio and balcony to enjoy the scenery. The rooms were big and comfortable. The free shuttle was great and the driver, Garth, was reallyfriendly
. We had especially good service from Brandon in reservations andTom at the front desk.
It could use some updating. The chairs outside could be replaced the hot tub was out of order, and we were disappointed in the restaurant. The food was really good and the waitress did the best she could, but they didn't have enough menus, the drinks took forever to come and when they were flat. The restaurant staff was apologetic and they did not charge us for the drinks, but I wouldn't recommend it.
I would, however, highly recommend staying at The Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!