“Wonderful stay at the Lodge of SF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Limited Time - Save 15%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Boulder, Colorado
“Wonderful stay at the Lodge of SF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Lodge of Santa Fe this week with our family of four. What a wonderful time we had...the staff was very helpful during the Native American Festival being held downtown. This hotel is an easy one mile walk to the city center. We will definitely be back for another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: We loved having room 228, right over the pool and the whirlpool, great location for the kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lodge? Resort? Not really. The staff was very helpful and professional. Everything else, all out of their control was poor at best. The room is similar to the website pictures, but small. No refrigerator, no microwave, and an outdated TV. The map on the door points to an ice machine near the room, not true. A staff member told me I had a choice, go this way and out the building and across the parking lot and into the next building and I'd find an ice machine; or I could go this way, down 2 corridors, pass the Front Desk, through the double doors, and then I'd find an ice machine in a room there. If this is a Resort/Lodge, why aren't there servers working the pool area in the late afternoon when the pool is crowded? Instead you have to go inside the building, past the Front Desk, up the stairs and to the bar to purchase your soft drink. Really? Lodge? I paid nearly 3x the price for our room when I could have had a room at another motel/hotel, such as a LaQuinta, for about 1/3 the cost.

Room Tip: Investigate very carefully.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The front desk was very helpful, Tom is a very personable and helpful guy. The shuttle to and from downtown runs on the hour and makes it easy to see everything at your own pace. My room was clean and the sheets were soft and comfy. Good place for the price.

Room Tip: There is a ballroom on the third floor, if you are staying on the weekend make certain you are not c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I am at this hotel right now. Do not listen to some of these reviews. Some people complain too much and nit pick. If you want to pay $200 and $300 a night for exemplary amenities and service, go for it. I don't. This is a nice, comfortable, middle of the road place. Not the palace, but not Motel 6 either. This place is fine for the money. Yes, the furniture is probably too large for these rooms, but the rooms are neat and clean. If you want a fridge or microwave, you will have to request it. No biggie for us. The staff is nice and polite and went out of their way to help us, a far, far cry from horrible, incompetent and excruciatingly stupid, which is a pretty excruciatingly rude and crass statement which another reviewer made. The wifi is working perfectly on my iPad and iPhone. The grounds are beautifully manicured. It was quiet here and the pool area is right outside our window. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Know exactly what you want and need and ask lots of questions when you book. Call the hotel, don...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Considering the rate we paid, I had really high expectations of this place. We chose it because it was within walking distance of the Railyard, where we were going to see a band. We were going to share our room with another couple so got the jr suite with a king bed and pullout sofa. I know everything in Santa Fe is small, but this room was so small--and the furniture was too big! Our friends ended up staying at another hotel. I highly doubt the sofa could extend with the furniture that was in the room at the time. The best part of our stay: The waiter from Amaya who served us poolside provided perhaps the best service of anyone I've ever seen in the industry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I think that pretty much sums it up.
If you need to connect to the Internet, good luck! My call to the front desk resulted in the assurance that the router would be rebooted. My next call to the front desk let me know that an E-MAIL had been sent asking "corporate" to reboot the router. I requested that they actually call "corporate" with this request and let me know. Naturally, it's an hour and a half later and they haven't called back and the wi-fi isn't working. Another call was equally effective.
I then called Hotwire to ask them to call with a request that something be done, and they said they don't guarantee "seasonal" availability of amenities. ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stay away. The maid took something from the room and the manager did nothing. Coffee maker, internet service, and TV remote were all problems. Restaurant was fair compared to other Sante Fe restaurants of same price, and did not honor coupons. You get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for informing me of the situation. I wish I was informed of the situation so that we could have located your lost items. Even though you have checked out I would like to talk with you so that we can discuss the details of incident and resolve this issue. You can contact me at 505-992-5800. If I am unavailable please leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.

Adrian Velarde
Front Desk Manager

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!