“Deplorable restaurant service!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Santa Fe

You added The Lodge at Santa Fe to your Saves list
The Lodge at Santa Fe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 N St Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (Formerly Radisson Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
'Tis the Season-Save 25%
Ranked #43 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Miami, Manitoba
“Deplorable restaurant service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Be aware that this is strictly Spanish/Mexican cuisine and not american/spanish as was advertised. We were not overly welcomed in so to speak as the staff was busy expecting a group of 50 as well as their convention group. The taco salad came without dressing, we had to ask for Salsa..and the coffee was instant- tasted like Sanka. The whole experience made us mad! The room wasn`t warm when we got there (it was cool outside for this date) and yes the desk clerk sent us to the wrong room..had mixed up the keys and the room number!

Room Tip: Look for a room where you don`t see daylight between the heater-AC!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HHandR, General Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at the Lodge at Santa Fe and thank you for taking the time to let us know where we failed to meet your expectations. I am addressing the issues you experienced with both my front desk staff and our restaurant staff. As a guest you are very important to us and this will allow me the opportunity to better train the staff to give you the service you so justly deserved. I thank you for taking the time to advise us of concerns, and we will be addressing all issues immediately.

Regional General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Bed was comfortable and clean, though I do wonder about that dark woolly bedspread. The room felt claustrophobic. When air conditioning button is pressed you get about 5 minutes and then it shuts down. There was no hotel booklet in the room so one feels slightly disoriented. No fan in the bathroom, the room can get stinky.

They promise free WiFi but don't count on it. Connections are weak and time out quickly. Forget about connecting my laptop, I couldn't even get email on my IPhone!

I had to ask for soap and shampoo every day as the housekeepers would just place the empty bottles back on the little tray and hope you would not notice. There was not even a pen and paper to jot notes down in the room.

If you don't leave the ice bucket thrown in the sink they will not give you a clean, dry replacement. And the last few days I was there they "ran out" of plastic ice bucket liners.
No ice machine on first floor.

Single women, and others who are wary of safety, beware as I never saw any security personnel on the property and all the external hallway doors are left unlocked all night. Anyone can walk in at any time of day or night.

All-in-all this is an old, tired hotel that is skimping on everything. If you want the real Santa Fe experience, treat yourself and stay within walking distance of the Plaza!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
LSF_AM, General Manager at The Lodge at Santa Fe, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
We truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay at the Lodge at Santa Fe. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing all the issues with the departments involved. I did want to address a couple issues specifically, we are working on obtaining upgrades to improve our internet capabilities in the near future, and our property does have security that monitors the entire building daily. Our security is unmarked and often seems we do not have one, I will review the door situation and thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.

Sincerely Management

Taos, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

The front desk sent us to a room already occupied. We walked in on another guest because our key worked. Then when we checked out they thought we were in 237, when actually we were in 223. I had an accident in their parking lot - running into the loading dock sticking out and taking up the whole left side of a two way parking driveway. The afternoon sun was blinding and I was staying to the left to avoid oncoming traffic in the right lane and did not even see the concrete loading dock until I hit it. It was not marked nor were there any warning yellow or red signs on the parking lot leading up to it. The lack of concern from the front desk staff was incredible! No one expressed any concern. No one volunteered to go look at my car. And, I cut myself and asked for a band aid. They said they didn't have any but after my insistence and showing them the bleeding arm, they finally found A (as in one) bandaid. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was informed she was not there and no one volunteered to call her or stated they would have her call me. I have heard nothing from the hotel, except I paid cash when I checked out but they still debited my card with more than I paid for the room and stated I'd have to talk to my bank to get the $120 credited back to my account. All in all, it was a miserable experience in a nice looking hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
We truly apologize that you experienced concerns during your stay with us in Santa Fe. Your comments are very concerning and we are addressing them immediately. We hold our front desk agents to the highest level and expect them to address every guest concern with sincere compassion and an eagerness to resolve any said issues. We have inspected the loading dock which is up to code standards and we apologize you were not able to see the it due to the sun. The staff is going through more service training and the first aid kit has now been replenished, I apologize it was not done in time for your need. Your comments are very valuable to us as they allow us to make changes and add additional training to our staff. Again my sincerest apology and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a rich and cultural stay.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had a wonderful experience here. we stayed 3-9 thru 3-12. The place was charming, peaceful and relaxing. Would definitively come back. The staff was great, kudos to maria at the front desk for all her help. Thanks again D. Meza and Jayne.

North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed 4 nights during spring break week 2012 and were very pleased with the hotel, accommodations (standard king). Everything (coffee maker and windows and water) worked fine and we enjoyed the Russians. If you cant find this place on the hill, you should not drive. No, its not on the square, but within minutes to anywhere in town and to the ski road. Nice bar & restaurant, nice hot tub (pool was still covered for winter). Its not a 5star, but we were not in need of a 5star as we can do for ourselves thank you. It is pretty, it's clean and has a warm feel to it, I would call it a very good value.The staff was very nice and more than accommodating. This was a perfect fit for the wife and I. We will return and hopefully the Russians will be back too.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The Hotel is a few minutes out of Old town, but they shuttle on the hour, and pick up, a .nice touch. The staff is very friendly, but the rooms are very basic, with two beds, not the most comfortable,one uncomfortable chair and ottomans, and a wooden desk and chair. The coffe machine had no pot and leaked around the cup that was used, not much coffee and a mess. The bathroom is small, and the water is very load, the toilet flush can wake the dead. A huge group of Russian dancers were staying and partied at all hours by the pool under our window, very noisy, and we could not open the windows. A lot of alcohol was consumed out in the open. It is listed as 750 St. Francis Dr., but it is not. We just swa the sign on the hill and turned left onto the road it is on. I would not like to do it at night.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the pool. That is party central.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We upgraded to a "junior suite" from a regular room. While the price was right, it could hardly be called a suite. A sofa had been added. Little touches were missing, like the blind slats were broken and there was an empty bag and a q-tip on the mat when we walked up.
The young girl at the front desk was very sweet, but did not know to handle asking a person using the computer for pleasure to allow us to print boarding passes. We had to do it at the airport.
The bartender, forget her name, was as friendly as could be and remembered what we were drinking the night before. She does a great job.
All in all, it is a fabulous location for the price. A few small touches that one notices would take it up a notch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Lodge at Santa Fe? Share your experiences!